✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Mar-09: Coldplay to play Sydney Bushfire Benefit Show, Sydney, Australia [Live broadcast Triple J

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound Relief announce amazing line-up; Coldplay, Kings Of Leon, Jack Johnson + MORE!

The devastation of the current Victorian bushfires has left few unaffected. In response to our nation’s greatest ever natural disaster Australia’s music community have banded together for two stadium benefit concerts scheduled to run simultaneously in both Melbourne and Sydney on Saturday March 14, 2009 under the unified banner of SOUND RELIEF.

Michael Gudinski, Managing Director of The Frontier Touring Company said;

“The Sound Relief concerts are for the survivors of the bushfires. The sad reality is that rebuilding their lives and communities will be a lengthy and costly process. It has been phenomenal seeing everyone pull together in this horrific time. Without doubt these concerts will be once in a lifetime events that will live on in the memories of everyone who attends.”

Michael Chugg, Managing Director of Chugg Entertainment said;

“Around the world, some of the words that are used to describe Australians include “big hearted”, “generous”, “battlers and “troopers”. These concerts will honour all of those characteristics of the Australian people, both those who have suffered so much through this terrible tragedy, but also saluting the heroes who fought against the fires, and the courageous people whose fight is just beginning. With the help of the Australian Music Community, these concerts hope to bring people together, not just on the hallowed turf of the MCG and SCG, but around the country as we share the joy of live music. We will remember those who have lost so much, and celebrate the heroes of this devastating story.”

Both concerts will be held in their city’s most iconic venue; in Melbourne at the MCG and in Sydney at the SCG.

Some of Australia’s most legendary artists will be joined by leading International and Domestic chart-toppers.

The concerts will be a celebration of multiple music genres, with artists playing short sets packed with hits. Concert goers are encouraged to attend the concerts from start to finish as major artists will be spread across the bill right from the very start of the day.

Coldplay and Kings Of Leon, who both have sold out concerts on March 14 in Sydney and Melbourne respectively, have kindly donated time from their busy schedules to perform 3-4 songs in the early afternoon.

Tickets will be sold for $75 and will go on sale from Ticketek 132 849 http://www.ticketek.com.au on Wednesday March 4, 2009 at 9am. GA Standing on the field and reserved seating in the stands will be available for both concerts.

100% of the proceeds from the Melbourne concert will be donated to the Red Cross Victorian Bushfire Appeal.

For the Sydney concert 50% of the proceeds will be donated to the Red Cross Victorian Bushfire Appeal and 50% will be donated to The Premier's Disaster Relief Fund Appeal in QLD to aid the victims of the Queensland floods.

Particular thanks is extended to the Victorian Premier’s Department, Cricket Australia and Cricket Victoria for their magnanimous decision to move the Sheffield Shield final out of the MCG, in turn freeing this iconic venue to be used for the Melbourne Sound Relief concert on March 14.

Tickets to Sound Relief go on sale from Ticketek 132 849 or http://www.ticketek.com.au on Wednesday March 4 at 9am. Get in quick for what is set to be a once in a lifetime concert event.

SOUND RELIEF

SATURDAY MARCH 14, 2009

MELBOURNE – MCG

& SYDNEY – SCG

TICKETS FROM TICKETEK 132 849

http://www.ticketek.com.au

http://hangout.altsounds.com/news/105597-sound-relief-announce-amazing-line-up-coldplay-kings-of-leon-jack-johnson-more.html

i am undecided too!

i have a seating ticket for the 14th so i can definitely go..

but then agai it wont be fun going alone..

my other friends have spent money on the actual concert (that is because i asked them to) that they cant afford to buy another one..

so now i'm undecided too :\

are u serious??

gosh.....

hey, if u're planning to go..who are u going with?

maybe we can all meet up and go together..by train!

I'm still up in the air about Sound Relief. I would totally love to meet up and go together, but I'm just not sure at the moment.

Coldplay To Open Sydney Sound Relief Benefit - With Full Band

060702coldplay_6.jpg

Coldplay will open the Sydney Sound Relief event with a full band instead of the previously announced acoustic show.

In making the announcement, organizer Michael Chugg said “We were thrilled when Coldplay first agreed to be a part of Sound Relief, even just with an acoustic set, considering they already have eleven shows to play while they are in Australia. But now with the news that they will be opening the day in full band/electric mode, well, what a way to kick off this massive event!”

Sound Relief was announced last week to raise money for the victims of the Victorian Bushfires as well as those effected by the Queensland floods.

“Sound Relief is shaping up to be the greatest charity concert Australia has ever produced, we hope the whole of country can get behind us and show their support when tickets go on sale on Wednesday morning”.

The show will be held on March 14 at the Sydney Cricket Ground and Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Melbourne line-up

Augie March

Bliss N Eso with Paris Wells

Gabriella Cilmi

Hunters & Collectors

Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson

Jack Johnson

Jet

Kings Of Leon

Liam Finn

Midnight Oil

Paul Kelly