✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Mar-09: Coldplay to play Sydney Bushfire Benefit Show, Sydney, Australia [Live broadcast Triple J

Cool thanks! :dance:

How do you get tickets?

I don't know how I can attend both the acoustic set and the concert in the same day though... mainly because I don't want to give up my place in line outside Acer Arena :thinking:

this is GA right ? I say you give up your place in line for that one show, and attend the acoustic gig. In the end, you'll see them 5times in Sydney. Plus, you'll need a break from all the waiting in line. More chances to be front when you got some rest.

3 front rows, 1 a little behind and 1 acoutic set. OR 4 possible front rows.. you do the maths ! :P

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is GA right ? I say you give up your place in line for that one show, and attend the acoustic gig. In the end, you'll see them 5times in Sydney. Plus, you'll need a break from all the waiting in line. More chances to be front when you got some rest.

3 front rows, 1 a little behind and 1 acoutic set. OR 4 possible front rows.. you do the maths ! :P

Hahahha yeah that sounds good... FIVE times in Sydney :dance:

I'm actually seated for 2 of the Sydney gigs though :P So it might be 2 seated, 1 acoustic set, 1 a little behind and 1 possible front row :D

Hahahha yeah that sounds good... FIVE times in Sydney :dance:

I'm actually seated for 2 of the Sydney gigs though :P So it might be 2 seated, 1 acoustic set, 1 a little behind and 1 possible front row :D

I thought you might be seated .. well, it still works pretty fine! :D and that's what I call a record !

God, you'll have work to do. reporting duty 24/24 :dance:

Melbourne:

Augie March

Bliss N Eno with Paris Wells

Gabriella Cilmi

Hunters & Collectors

Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson with Troy Cassar-Daley

Jack Johnson

Jet

Kings Of Leon

Liam Finn

Midnight Oil

Paul Kelly

Split Enz

Wolfmother

Sydney:

Coldplay

Eskimo Joe

Hoodoo Gurus

Icehouse

Jet

Josh Pyke

Little Birdy

Midnight Juggernauts

The Presets

Wolfmother

You Am I

Jet and Wolfmother will be playing at both shows, but at different times. After laying in one city, they'll fly to the other city.

Coldplay, Kings of Leon to headline bushfire relief concerts

TWO of the world's biggest acts and a re-formed Midnight Oil will headline major bushfire benefit concerts in Melbourne and Sydney.

British superstars Coldplay will join US rock act Kings of Leon to headline the concerts which feature an all-star line-up of Aussie and international acts.

Premier John Brumby today joined promoters and artists to launch bushfire concerts Sound Relief which will be staged simultaneously at the MCG and the SCG on Saturday March 14.

Environment Minister Peter Garrett will make a comeback with band Midnight Oil while iconic Australian act Hunters and Collectors will reform for the Melbourne event.

In a marathon effort, Aussie bands Jet and Wolfmother will perform at both the Sydney and Melbourne concerts.

The line-up for the Melbourne concert includes Augie March, Bliss N Eso with Paris Wells, Gabriella Cilmi, Hunters and Collectors, Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson with Troy Cassar-Daly, Jack Johnson, Jet, Kings of Leon, Midnight Oil, Paul Kelly, Split Enz and Wolfmother.

The bill for Sydney’s Sound Relief concert includes Coldplay, Eskimo Joe, Hoodoo Gurus, Icehouse, Jet, Josh Pyke, Little Birdie, The Presets, Wolfmother and You Am I. More acts will be announced for the Sydney concert.

Mr Brumby said all ticket sales proceeds from the Melbourne Sound Relief concert will go to the Victorian Bushfire Relief Fund.

A 50 per cent share of ticket sales profits from the Sydney Sound Relief will go to the bushfire fund, with the other 50 per cent to go to the Premier’s Disaster Relief Fund in Queensland to help flood victims.

“We are picking up the pieces after the worst natural disaster in Australia’s history and it is fitting that a concert to raise money to rebuild communities devastated by these fires will also be among the single largest music concert event in our country’s history,” he said.

Tickets will go on sale for $75 at 9am on Wednesday March 4 through Ticketek 132 849.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25099180-661,00.html

Iconic rock bands reform for bushfire benefit

Some of the most popular acts in Australia, including Wolfmother, Jet, Paul Kelly, Gabriella Cilmi, Kasey Chambers and internationals Kings of Leon and Jack Johnson will play the Sound Relief bushfire benefit at the MCG on March 14.

In a major coup for organisers, Labor MP Peter Garrett has agreed to reunite with iconic Australian rock group Midnight Oil.

Midnight Oil, Hunters & Collector and Split Enz will reform especially for the Melbourne event, while Coldplay (acoustic), Eskimo Joe, Hoodoo Gurus and Icehouse will play the Sydney version of the show held simultaneously at the SCG on the same day. Jet and the new look Wolfmother will play both cities.

Each band will play about 20 minutes of hits.

Organisers of what Premier John Brumby called "the biggest music event in Australian music history" expect more than 100,000 people attend the shows. With all involved donating their services, they hope to raise about $5 million for charity.

"Between the two cities, there's a multi-million dollar bill there, but it's costing us zero," said Sydney co-organiser Mark Pope.

With two of the most popular international bands in the country, Kings Of Leon and Coldplay, both touring here at the same time, the chosen date was a no-brainer. Both bands will play in the mid afternoon before preparing for sold out shows that night.

The Bushrangers Victorian cricket team has agreed to move its home Sheffield Shield final from the MCG to St Kilda's Junction Oval.

"Everyone in Australia wants to help in some way," said Kasey Chambers.

"I can't put out fires, I can't rebuild houses, but I can use my position as a musician to help raise some money and hopefully inspire people to help find their thing that they can do."

"It's pretty easy for us as musicians to turn up for half an hour and play music," said Wolfmother's Andrew Stockdale. "These people are going to have to do a lot of work for years. So if we can raise as much money as possible to help them rebuild their lives, then that's the least I can do."

Mark Seymour said it took something as significant as this to reform Hunters & Collectors after 11 years.

"We felt our time had come and gone but the sheer magnitude of this tragedy really hit home to all of us ... the tragedy simply came about because they happened to live in a certain postcode. What's happened to them could have happened to any of us," he said.

"I never expected to be playing with the band again, so this is a major event in my lifetime."

Melbourne promoter Michael Gudinski said it had been "phenomenal" seeing the music industry pull together in this horrific time.

"The Sound Relief concerts are for the survivors of the bushfires," he said. "The sad reality is that rebuilding their lives and communities will be a lengthy and costly process. Without doubt these concerts will be once in a lifetime events that will live on in the memories of everyone who attends."

Mr Gudinski said "it took a few phone calls to the prime minister, to (Treasurer) Wayne Swan'' to get Mr Garrett on board for Midnight Oil's first show since 2005's WaveAid tsunami benefit in Sydney.

"I have hardly sung a note since the Oils last played at WaveAid,'' said Mr Garrett in a statement.

"But this event is so unique and important that it will be terrific to now catch up with my mates and put on a performance that gives all those people affected by the terrible events what they dearly need.''

Sydney promoter Michael Chugg said the shows would remember those who had lost as well as celebrate the heroes of this devastating story.

"Around the world, some of the words that are used to describe Australians include big hearted, generous, battlers and troopers," he said.

"These concerts will honour all of those characteristics of the Australian people, both those who have suffered so much through this terrible tragedy, but also saluting the heroes who fought against the fires, and the courageous people whose fight is just beginning.

"With the help of the Australian music community, these concerts hope to bring people together, not just on the hallowed turf of the MCG and SCG, but around the country as we share the joy of live music."

Tickets will be sold for $75 and go on sale from Ticketek 132 849 or http://www.ticketek.com.au on Wednesday March 4 at 9am. General Admission standing on the field and reserved seating in the stands will be available for both concerts.

All of the profits from the Melbourne concert and half of the profits from Sydney will be donated to the Red Cross Victorian Bushfire Appeal. The other half of the Sydney profits will be donated to The Premier's Disaster Relief Fund Appeal in QLD to aid the victims of the Queensland floods.

Source: http://www.theage.com.au/national/iconic-rock-bands-reform-for-bushfire-benefit-20090224-8gao.html?page=1

Going to Sydney. I'm in Melbourne~

Gee, MCG got quite a shitty lineup compared to SCG.

LOL to this:

On the Kings Of Leon Website, it says:

"Kings of Leon have confirmed that they will perform three songs in the early afternoon at the Melbourne show."

3 SONGS??? GET OUT

HAHAHAHA FUCK OFF! :laugh3: Three songs? That's bullshit and they're not gonna even be that great! My bets are Sex on Fire, Use Somebody and their new single and then they'll go! Absolute bullcrap but at the same time hilariously expected.

15!? :o Far out. I didn't realise you were so... young. :stunned: (It's cool, though) What are you doing with yourself, then? Working? Hanging out? :cool:

I'm not up to much -- should be in bed, but you know... COLDPLAY... Being an obessive fan, lol. Phil posted that he was heading to Heathrow 2 hours ago -- I'm looking at both the Heathrow & Perth Flight Schedules (to no avail) to figure out when they'll be landing...

I'm guessing they don't include private charter...? Any ideas?