✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Mar-09: Coldplay to play Sydney Bushfire Benefit Show, Sydney, Australia [Live broadcast Triple J

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scalpers get short shrift for concert

TICKETS to the Sound Relief bushfire benefit concerts go on sale from 9am today, but don't expect to see any on eBay.

In an effort to head off the scalping problems that afflicted previous fund-raisers Wave Aid and Make Poverty History, the online auction house is taking the rare step of refusing to let people sell them on the site.

Ticketek, which is selling the estimated 100,000 tickets to the Melbourne and Sydney shows on March 14, has already announced a limit of eight tickets per buyer in an attempt to reduce scalping.

It also took the unusual step of contacting eBay and asking that it either not allow tickets to be sold on the site for profit — as is its practice with large sporting events such as the AFL grand final and the Commonwealth Games — or that it ban them altogether.

An eBay spokesman, Daniel Feiler, told The Age the company had taken this step on only a few occasions, including for the Live 8 charity concert in Britain in 2005.

"We want to see as much money as possible go to the bushfire appeal," Mr Feiler said.

He said the company had advanced filters and people checking to enforce the policy, but urged anyone who sees tickets for sale on the site to hit the "report this item" button.

As most tickets for major tours are sold on the first day of release, co-promoter Michael Gudinski said he would be shocked if the concert did not sell out. It is the biggest show Mr Gudinski has staged since the concert for the 25th anniversary of his label, Mushroom Records, at the MCG in 1999.

"That was my childhood dream, to fill the MCG with an all-Australian line-up," he said. "But this is different. This will be world-renowned. Two of the biggest bands in the world (Coldplay and Kings of Leon) will both be playing two shows in one day to be part of it — I've never seen anything like that."

http://www.theage.com.au/

Was constantly redialing the number on the phone and trying to get through the site, site let me in at about 9:16 but I couldn't get Red Oval, was just about to get Blue when it chucked me out. Thank god it did, let me on three tries later at 2:17 and after two tries for Red Oval I got 'em :dance:

Red Oval is sold out now methinks.

That, Emma, is a good case of Coldplay Karma :P

:cheesy:

Although to be honest, I had my cobalt blue pet budgie Boris (I did not name myself after his color) on my shoulder and I said to him, "If you get me tickets you're a very lucky birdy". And he did :blush:! Lucky birdy :nice:

:cheesy:

Although to be honest, I had my cobalt blue pet budgie Boris (I did not name myself after his color) on my shoulder and I said to him, "If you get me tickets you're a very lucky birdy". And he did :blush:! Lucky birdy :nice:

so it's confirmed that u're coming down to sydney!

r u planning on going any of their concerts here?

Sound Relief tickets snapped up

Victorians have snapped up Sound Relief concert tickets with 60,000 selling in the first three hours.

The original ticket allocation for the March 14 concert at the MCG has sold out but more seats have been released.

Sound Relief spokeswoman Reegan Stark said there were still thousands of seated tickets available for the concert, which will raise money for bushfire survivors.

All standing tickets have been sold, Ms Stark said.

Overwhelming demand for the $75 tickets caused delays on Ticketek's website this morning which have since eased.

More than 25,000 tickets have been sold for the SCG concert, to be staged simultaneously.

Midnight Oil, Kings of Leon, Augie March, Jack Johnson, Hunters & Collectors, Split Enz, Paul Kelly and Jet will be among the performers at the Melbourne gig.

All profits from the Melbourne concert will be donated to the Red Cross Victorian Bushfire Appeal while half of the profits from the Sydney concert will go to the bushfire appeal and half to victims of Queensland's recent floods.

Coldplay and Kings of Leon are expected to play three to four songs early in the afternoon of the Sydney and Melbourne concerts respectively.

Ticketek - 132 849 http://www.ticketek.com.au

http://www.theage.com.au/national/sound-relief-tickets-snapped-up-20090304-8nsw.html

i have an extra ticket for the march 14 saturday concert at ACER ARENA, SYDNEY. i'm selling the ticket at cost price, $120. desperately need to sell!!! hope someone who needs a ticket views this.

the seat is in the silver reserved seating section 81, closer to the stage than other silver sections. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF INTERESTED Tickets to this show have been sold out for a while now!

call 043 252 6694

thanks!