✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you play an instrument?

I graduated with a Bachelors in Music Education, so technically, I can play all instruments (or enough to teach them to beginners) but my principal instruments are Horn, Trumpet, Flute, Piano, and Voice.

Right now, I teach private horn lessons and play in various brass groups/orchestras.

:stunned:

I'm getting my bachelor's in a few years in music ed myself! And you teach horn lessons!?

You are my hero now. xD

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AH! How could I forget that instrument!

My mother has one and gave me lessons to play it! :lol:

That's great fun. :lol::lol::lol:

I learned in Kindergarten. We had to pick a country and do a project about it, so I chose Australia. I learned all about ho9w didgeridoos are played, and I even got help making a model one and playing what I could with it.

I graduated with a Bachelors in Music Education, so technically, I can play all instruments (or enough to teach them to beginners) but my principal instruments are Horn, Trumpet, Flute, Piano, and Voice.

Right now, I teach private horn lessons and play in various brass groups/orchestras.

I'm hoping to get into performance next year (university), but music education is also another choice. Has it been hard to get a secure career after getting your diploma ?

I'm hoping to get into performance next year (university), but music education is also another choice. Has it been hard to get a secure career after getting your diploma ?

Well, I think it just depends where you live. I live in an area where there are not a lot of big schools, mostly small towns with a few bigger towns. So...the field is competitive, but if you're in an area where there are lot of towns and cities around, then I bet not.

I'm not actually teaching in the public schools right now, though. I opted to stay home with my kids and raise them, so I mostly do performing and private lessons. I like it better that way because I love to perform.

Well, I think it just depends where you live. I live in an area where there are not a lot of big schools, mostly small towns with a few bigger towns. So...the field is competitive, but if you're in an area where there are lot of towns and cities around, then I bet not.

I'm not actually teaching in the public schools right now, though. I opted to stay home with my kids and raise them, so I mostly do performing and private lessons. I like it better that way because I love to perform.

Nice !

Yea, I live in a big city with many schools (public and private, both in French and English) and we've been warned that it's very hard to get a permanent job, so I was just wondering how it was for you. :)

Nice !

Yea, I live in a big city with many schools (public and private, both in French and English) and we've been warned that it's very hard to get a permanent job, so I was just wondering how it was for you. :)

Awesome! Sounds like you live in a bustling metropolis! As for getting and keeping the job.....just be on top of your game and then be confident in the interview. If you present yourself as the "best" candidate, then your potential employeers will start to view you that way! Good luck!