Dejan

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats for Phoenix. they deserve it. :D

:heart: I love this album so much :wacky:

I can't even choose a favorite <3

I got a free download of 1901 off of Insound and so I decided to listen to the whole album and it was pretty pretty great :thumbsup:

I'm thinking of more exploring their previous albums but i'm scared... :anxious:

Does anyone know of their albums? how good are they?

the albums Alphabetical and It's Never Been Like That both have great songs. you can try them, if you liked WAP then you'll like those two. :)

but United is ok and not as good as the other albums.

• 1 month later...

Well yes it was one of the more expensive shows of 2010 so far. But it was well worth it.

I always seen Phoenix as being just a great indie pop band so I expected a regular pop like performance. But the band surpassed all my expectations. The vocals were perfect, the crowd was very energetic for a cold Tuesday night in march but it was their spectacular muscianship that really surprised me. The band was not afraid to be a little self indulgent and have the odd extended jam session. Best of all the band didn't finish until 10-45 despite a scheduled end of 10-30. A very memorable concert of songs I will be singing to myself for weeks.

They had Aussie electro up n comers Miami horror in support who put on a far better performance than the one I saw at the big day out.

^What constitutes a cold Tuesday night in march in Australia? :P

Overcast and below 20C and the need for a jacket after the show. Haha

oh yeh I forgot to add me and my mate pumped kid a in the car on your way out of the show. Attracted alot of horns from other cars lol

Overcast and below 20C and the need for a jacket after the show. Haha

I would kill for that in March :P

A cold night here would be overcast and below -20C and the need for a jacket, hat, bonfire, a layer of fat, and those Canada mittens.

Well yes it was one of the more expensive shows of 2010 so far. But it was well worth it.

I always seen Phoenix as being just a great indie pop band so I expected a regular pop like performance. But the band surpassed all my expectations. The vocals were perfect, the crowd was very energetic for a cold Tuesday night in march but it was their spectacular muscianship that really surprised me. The band was not afraid to be a little self indulgent and have the odd extended jam session. Best of all the band didn't finish until 10-45 despite a scheduled end of 10-30. A very memorable concert of songs I will be singing to myself for weeks.

They had Aussie electro up n comers Miami horror in support who put on a far better performance than the one I saw at the big day out.

Glad you had a good time! I'll have to see them next time they come out here...

KENDALL! :awesome:!

Yes I'm so glad that you made one! :wacky:

I can't believe that we didn't realize that there wasn't a Phoenix thread here before :uhoh::cry::shame: I'm glad that you got around to making one :mellow:

I love Girlfriend and Lassssssso :awesome:! Those are the best :D:D:D