✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

24-May-2009: Hershey Stadium, Hershey, PA, USA

I took my love down to Hershey, PA, to see Coldplay. If you ever see a show there, definitely try to get on the field. We paid the same as people in the grandstand, but i’m sure we felt way closer. Plus our seats had backs (useful when we were waiting before the show).

It rained really hard for about an hour which delayed the show, but Pete Yorn got people going, and everyone was in a pretty good mood when the show started. Except for Chris Martin that is, who apparently got burned backstage and was sporting a bandage on his arm.

The show went on however, and the guys made it a good one. They’re pros and have been on this tour for over a year, but had plenty of energy and seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Highlights for us included Lovers in Japan, which is a personal fave, and was adorned with thousands of paper butterflies raining down on everyone.

We really enjoyed when they left the main stage and did a miniset that included “Green Eyes” on a ministage about 20 feet from us. You can see the pics from that below. Complete set list after the pics.

I’d never seen Coldplay live before, and they didn’t disappoint. It’s great hearing songs like In My Place, the Scientist, and Fix You live. Only “complaint” would be that they didn’t do more from X&Y, including Swallowed in the Sea (aka “the Jonah song”), but I know I’m in the minority on that one. All in all, a great night!

http://stevelutz.wordpress.com/2009/05/25/coldplay-hershey-524-with-pics/

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a torrential downpour of some thunderstorms with lightning included, the skies actually cleared enough for this concert event to go on. Due to the rain, the opening acts were adjusted to accommodate the schedule. Howling Belles, who I never heard of, didn't get to perform; Pete Yorn, who I absolutely love, performed for only about 30 minutes but he was as great as expected. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good photo to share but I can tell you that I'm certain his new album will be great. He featured one new song and I did like it. He also played some all-time favorites including Strange Condition and For Nancy which are obviously two of his best songs. I hope to see him again for a much longer show.

Coldplay was, hands-down, amazing. Seriously, they put on such a great show - a fantastic mix of their new album with some old classics. From the new album, I really enjoyed Strawberry Swing, Lost, and of course Viva La Vida. Old favorites that I enjoyed were Fix You, Politik, The Scientist, and Clocks. It was a great mix of energy and enthusiasm.

Chris Martin is fantastic. He's an unbelievable performer. I especially enjoyed when he initiated the "first ever Mexican cell phone wave throughout Hershey Stadium". He did this from a microphone that was set up about 30 feet from our seats. The whole band came up into the stands and sang a few songs. It was great. I think Chris Martin exemplifies someone who just loves what he does on a daily basis - I find him inspirational.

One of the biggest reasons I like Coldplay is because they really seem to want to connect with their fans as much as possible. It was especially great when they handed out a free CD with about 9 songs on it at the end of the show. Granted, these are probably accessible for free from their website, but it's a nice gesture.

What a fanstastic event. I hope to see them again.

http://cvarano.blogspot.com/2009/05/pete-york-coldplay.html

Beautiful Writing Jenjie, It was a Magical Evening for me and My Daughter Sydney. I will never forget it. It sounds like seats and sections were everything .I thank goodness we were with a great group and only ten feet from the edge of the left ramp for Chris and Jonny's visit. You are correct in that they gave all for the Audience, Chris even being injured and Delayed , Jonny, Guy and Will playing note for note ,and their selection of songs reflects their new Recordings and sounds. ( Brian Eno is a marvelous influence). Lastly , Chris and Jonny and Guy Will each in their own way Just going on with the show in an Intimate Performance which makes you feel like they're playing for your personally , and reaching to the crowd w/ a symbolic Hand to say ,Hey this is going to be the best two hours of your life for a little while and We are going to make damn sure of it ,No matter what else happens . COLDPLAY DELIVERS in GRANDIOSE FASHION at HERSHEY,PA. I hesitated at First,Because I had the Tour Program from last Summers Leg , But , I am Glad I grabbed it , Its a whole new Feel and Tour Souvenier, But, what got me the Best was ; A couple pages after the Center and Postcard section, Their Quote ; " COLDPLAY FANS are THE BEST FANS in THE KNOWN UNIVERSE. !! Here Here, !!!!!

I have a couple of Marquee Pics , and Hershey Park Pics. The only other ones I have are ones I got from the Web and other peoples Pics. I also never loaded any on to a thread. Is it complicated ? The Avatar on My Thread Page is the Actual Marquee at Hershey That Glorious Day. ! I'm also going to Paste the One I took of them on stage against a starry Back drop , I'll try to post it when I get it Down.

Upon my every 5 minute reflection of my memories of the concert, I realized I could of had a set list!!!

It was when Viva la Vida was starting up and I was really into it (I mean it's viva la vida!!!), and then this staff member ( the yellow shirties I will call him) came up to me with a setlist and pointed to Postcards From Far Away and asked me if this was the song they were playing now. Well of course it wasn't but I was to into it so I just told the guy yeah (so I could go back into enjoying VLV) and he thanked me and walked away. I could of asked him for the setlist by the end of the night!!! :( O'well,,,,

Curse Missed Oppurtunities.

Patrick , Don't feel bad. I was ten feet from Chris and Jonny (On the Ramp ) w/ dead batteries in my Camera . But those Images are There in my Mind Forever . After seeing they had to cancel two of the following local shows and Chris's Burn and the rain and all . I'd say we were pretty lucky to experience such an Evening.

Patrick , Don't feel bad. I was ten feet from Chris and Jonny (On the Ramp ) w/ dead batteries in my Camera . But those Images are There in my Mind Forever . After seeing they had to cancel two of the following local shows and Chris's Burn and the rain and all . I'd say we were pretty lucky to experience such an Evening.

Haha, when they were doing their acoustic set on the right ramp, I was like 15 feet away, I camera died as well.

Ok, so I've been busy/lazy and never posted a review for this show:shame:, and now it's been a week and everything has been said....so I'll just post a some pics&vids:

Wet Viva balloon :sad:

IMG_0511.jpg?t=1243803361

IMG_0597.jpg?t=1243803670

IMG_0567.jpg?t=1243803739

IMG_0574.jpg?t=1243803948

IMG_0577.jpg?t=1243804077

IMG_0586.jpg?t=1243804115

IMG_0612.jpg?t=1243804303

IMG_0626.jpg?t=1243804424

I couldn't get one decent pic of Guy all night; I guess that's the price to pay for standing right in front of him the night before:P, but that Jonny pic:drunk: greeeen eyes...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqswXU7RbUU]YouTube - Glass of Water COLDPLAY Hershey, PA 5.24.09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aokDUacN43E]YouTube - 42 COLDPLAY Hershey, PA 5.24.09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBo3mpm0zJk]YouTube - In My Place COLDPLAY Hershey,PA 5.24.09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vL41VKtsHU]YouTube - The Hardest Part COLDPLAY Hershey, PA 5.24.09[/ame]

Sorry for the squees & screaming:blush:, it was 4 coldplayers--check out the end of IMP--in the cheap seats, still acting like they were front row:lol:(but I tried my best to contain myself!)

the shows almost this tour i went in PA state Philadelphia,Hershey and Camden,NJ are all quite best shows ever....last year the Philly shows are outstanding and this year both

Hershey,PA and Camden,NJ are good...

when ever there are shows in Pennsylvania and New York areas along with New Jersey i always attend all of them and i quite roam these areas all the time for some or some reason,i am staying in New Jersey just so near to New York and Philadelphia i always feel myself so lucky ..really...i can go to any awesome shows in these areas always....

And any shows i attend in these areas are always a good blast...

Any way in this tour the shows i attended in PA are all the best...

Sorry for the squees & screaming:blush:, it was 4 coldplayers--check out the end of IMP--in the cheap seats, still acting like they were front row:lol:(but I tried my best to contain myself!)

Mehehe :P I will forever act as if i was front row :D It's more fun that way :dance:

Mmm... i've been checking my pics from this show and they're all crap :disappointed: I'm afraid my camera got painfully used to front row as well :P and refused to take a single decent pic :shame: I'm going through my vids and once the half decent ones are uploaded i'll post them :wink:

^^^

Or like the fangirls that we are :cheesy:

You tube is being a pain for me, so i'll just post some of my not-so-blurry pics and post my vids once yt stops being so annoying :dozey:

n548643092_2032095_4498329.jpg

n548643092_2032097_2584255.jpg

4604_88013728092_548643092_2032098_2322724_n.jpg

4604_88013763092_548643092_2032103_2144790_n.jpg

4604_88013773092_548643092_2032105_7986627_n.jpg

4604_88013798092_548643092_2032108_1894129_n.jpg

n548643092_2032109_2176876.jpg

n548643092_2032110_4750621.jpg

n548643092_2032113_7948570.jpg

n548643092_2032116_2606595.jpg

n548643092_2032118_3950367.jpg

4604_88013853092_548643092_2032119_7697735_n.jpg

n548643092_2032121_2690192.jpg

:shame: Cooky your IMP video... we must have seemed so deranged. :P

What???:rolleyes: Shuddup:whip: listen to what Pris says...we were at a concert for goodness' sake!

^^^

Or like the fangirls that we are :cheesy:

I'm so glad I caught a little bit of it:nice:

I am getting an iPod Touch on Saturday and guess what one of the first things I am going to add to it is?! Now I need an appropriate Picture to put as the album cover for this? Any ideas?

Any ideas for the album cover for Coldplay's next unofficial live album: "Live in Hershey: 2009"?

:cool: :D