✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

24-May-2009: Hershey Stadium, Hershey, PA, USA

I'm still completely euphoric about the concert! Am working on my pics and videos still and I'm gonna go back and read everyone else's reviews. :)

So sorry to Christina, Pallavi, etc. for not being able to see them!! :( I hope you guys had a great time!!!!

EDIT: ^^ I saw the helicopter too!!! I had no clue if it was them or not but waved anyway! Would've been amazing if it was them!

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jasmynebirch – That really stinks about how you couldn’t get upgraded! :( I hope you had a good time anyway since the boys came really close to your seats for their C-Stage! your daughter is adorable and I love the sign she made :nice:

Christina, that’s so awesome you got to hear sound check!!! I love the video of you running up to the stadium :laugh3: I completely agree with you about the crowd, and that's funny we both felt like the only people singing after Viva to get Chris back up!

Also, there was no cheering when Chris took his jacket off, so I too refrained :laugh3:

I totally screamed when he took it off!! :laugh3::sneaky:

me and 20 Oxfamers got first row, because production wanted us to "bring it" we were going crazy.

I saw you guys in Section C!! We were a couple of feet behind you and to the side but you guys were definitely bringing a lot of energy! :)

When the boys came over to do b-stage it was AMAZING, we were so close. I could see Guy say to Jonny as soon as they got to the end of the ramp "And don't fuck it up this time" with a huge smile on his face. The night before in Hartford Jonny had missed his intro in GPASUYF so it was cute to see them joking with one another.

:lol: That's hilarious!! I was over by Jonny's ramp so I missed that, thanks! :laugh3: And thanks a lot for remembering Chris's lines, priceless :D

:shocked2:!

GOD.

i still can't believe i got to listen to the sound check, meet matt, a roadie, and chris fucking martin waved at me. :stunned:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY CHRISTINA!! that's so awesome, I can only say I did one of those things (meet a roadie). Good for you!!!! :D:D

Fantastic videos everyone :D Mine will be up shortly!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys5wrPikmsw]YouTube - Coldplay - Lovers In Japan (Live Hershey Stadium 5/24/09)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KefYwORVQQ]YouTube - Coldplay - Yellow (Live Hershey Stadium 5/24/09)[/ame]

0:43 :D

Oh and Sean, I think we unknowingly met each other this morning at the hotel! As I was leaving I saw somebody on Coldplaying.com in the lobby computer and then I met your dad I think? on the way out. Was it you who asked the group of 3 girls about our posters?? :laugh3:

yes yes omg wow thats cool.

First off I would just like to say that this was my first Coldplay concert and it was honestly the best night of my life!!!! Thank you so much Coldplay for such a memorable evening!!!!! :) Anyway heres my review.....

My 2 friends and I got to the venue around 5pm, but we missed soundcheck. :( Took a few pics, then walked around the side of the stadium to stand in line for seating. We had Section D row 45 seats.... After a half an hour they opened the gates and we filed in to the stadium and found our seats. We took out posterboard and markers and made our sign and decorated it with butterfly confetti strewn across the lawn. I tried to look for Pallavi and Christina but couldn't seem to find either of them! :(:(:(

Then it started to rain and it was announced that the show was to be put on hold until it stopped, so everyone had to go and hide out in the area underneath the stands and wait the rain out. My friends and I got really wet so we put on the t-shirts that we had made the night before and brought with us, and that's when a Roadie spotted us!!!!! :D:D She was wearing a black tank top and had black (I think?) hair and saw our t-shirts, my home-made VIVA tote bag, and our nails that had "VIVA LA VIDA" painted on them and our sign (destroyed from the rain) and gave us upgrades to Section C Row 2!!!!!!!!! :bomb: I had been hoping and praying for seat upgrades but never dreamed it would actually happen! Thank goodness for the rain and our t-shirts or otherwise we probably never have gotten them!!! :D

After a while of waiting the pouring rain finally stopped and we found our new seats!!! We were off to the left side of the stage (Jonny's side) right next to Jonny's ramp!!!! There was one point where Chris was jumping around on the ramp and every time he threw his head back I saw millions of sweat pearls fly from his head in the light!!! :D

Anyway, I really liked Pete Yorn a lot, he did a great job opening!! After as the roadies were drying the stage and setting up for Coldplay, Magnificent came on, then a hip-hop song that I didnt recognize :P, then a classical piece. Then...... COLDPLAY!!!!

This was my first Coldplay concert and it was seriously the best night of my life!!! Every song sounded amazing and I got so many videos of them! Clocks, Yellow, CoL, In My Place, LiJ, I'm a Believer, DWNC (Will did an amazing job singing), Fix You, etc etc!!! Chris was so energetic and his dancing was exciting!! In LiJ we were right in front of the canons taht shot the Confetti out and it was spectacular seeing millions of them shoot out into the audience!!! We also saw the roadies throwing the huge balloons out for Yellow :lol: Chris was fantastic on the piano, I loved it when the huge screens (that we were RIGHT in front of) focused in on his fingers playing, it was beautiful!! We did the Mexican cell phone wave which I thought looked pretty cool!! I only wish the crowd had been more enthusiastic, I was screaming the entire time and received many weird looks from people nearby! :laugh3: Chris as usual tried so hard to get the crowd to participate! I was seriously the only one in my section singing the "Ooooohhhs" after Viva to get Chris to stand back up and start Lost!! :( I loved seeing the Sgt. Pepper costumes in the encore, The Scientist and LiT ii both sounded great!!! :D

After the show my firiends and I picked up handfuls of confetti and loaded them into my bag. My friends were in such a hurry to leave and escape the rush that I couldn't go up to the roadies and ask for a setlist! :( I'm still slightly angry at them for that, but oh well.... :P On the way out I picked up a copy of LRLRL :D I was so sad it was over, the show honestly seemed like it was only like half an hour long!!! Without a doubt, THE best night of my life! I also bought a t-shirt with the tour dates printed on the back, a poster, and a tour program!!!

I LOVED Coldplay before, didnt think my love for them could get bigger but it has grown so much after seeing them live!!! This show meant so much to me, thank you so much Coldplay!!!!!

I am glad you had a good time! Believe me, once you see them in concert once... you will want to see them over and over again! Everytime I see them in concert(i've seen them five times) my love for them grows a million times more than it was before(if that's even possible!) I get so sad when the concert is over and me and my best friend are always planning on where to go and see them next!

I am glad you had a good time! Believe me, once you see them in concert once... you will want to see them over and over again! Everytime I see them in concert(i've seen them five times) my love for them grows a million times more than it was before(if that's even possible!) I get so sad when the concert is over and me and my best friend are always planning on where to go and see them next!

I know the feeling too well - The second the concert finished I kept on thinking about how badly I want to see them again! My friends and I did the same thing about planning our next show :lol: I really hope I get to go to another show this summer....

the acoustics at this venue were shit!!! wtf! that whole place is disgusting, they need to just tear that sh*t down and build a new one! worst!

nevertheless the show was AMAZING of course , i was front row section B and it was incredible. i just thought that the sound/atmosphere/crowd at the hartford show the night before was 50 times better. very boring crowd up front! but time of my life and i will post the pics/vids i have soon! hope everyone had a good tyyyme

So, you're going to the Carson show in July! That's awesome, as I am as well. :) Were you in Hershey, too? That would be crazy. :)

So, you're going to the Carson show in July! That's awesome, as I am as well. :) Were you in Hershey, too? That would be crazy. :)

Yes, I will be at the Carson show, GA Pit.. cannot wait :) No, I wasn't at the Hershey show(I wish!), to hold me over until I see them i've been going in and seeing all the concert reviews on the forum here haha it isn't making it any easier for me though, July seems soo far away!

Pallavi, I believe I saw you, you were a couple rows back of the front row of D and your (you and your husband's seat) was located towards the center of the field.

For everybody's info, I was the kid in the Polish soccer jersey:D who sat in the front of the section D. I went by myself (I had a special someone in mind :smug: to bring but unfortunatley she couldn't make it) though I had fun and luckily everybody around was energetic as I was!!!When the Butterflies were raining down, and Chris was singing and spinning around, I felt I was in a dream. I was just reaching into the sky trying to catch the butterflies. It was surreal and probably the best experience of the night!

I made videos but as I watched them, I realized I was singing to all of the songs (and for the record, my voice is no where near as good as Chris's and I was yelling and singing almost screeching at some points:embarassed::P) so I won't post them lol.

So I guess I will do a review:

LIT: This was the first time I saw Coldplay live with my own eyes. I was overwhelmed, they came out and I was screaming my lung off. I really didn't catch on to Chris burning himself though I noticed he slipped or something (I thought it was him being his quirky self though I was mistaken). It was an epic beginning.

Violet Hill: One of my more favorite Coldplay songs, it was great. Then alternative ending Chris came up was awesome and it really got the crowd going.

Clocks: I had been looking forward to this song live for a long time. Particularly because of the red laser shows, just seeing it shine into the night sky was surreal.

In My Place: Another phenomenal perfomance, I remember the most when the Chris/Crowd goes "YEAAAAAAAAAH", bright white lights light up and shoot up on the whole stadium. I was singing this out of mind like a drunk man and I didn't care, I was having a good time.

Yellow: Chris was doing a quiet little diddy with his guitar and it was dark so I was trying to figure out what song was next, then as I recognized it as Yell....it blasted into Jonny's guitar intro. The ballons were amazing, as the Hershey people threw them into the crowd, I got giddy:D. I got to hit the ballon once and I am proud of it!!! The yellow lights were phenomenal.

Glass of Water: One of Coldplay's less popular (but still great) song. Chris and Jonny were great on this.

Cemeteries of London/42: What I loved about this was the big screen behind the boys on this. As Chris played on the piano, the camera of course was on him and it was in black and white (to get the eerie effect) and Chris played along great, he would make these funny faces and bulge his eyes out to seem scary. I also sang along when they sang "LALALALAIY".

Fix You: I was really looking forward to this for two reasons, Jonny's pickup guitar part and Chris's jumping around. I think Chris made a lyric refence to Hershey (somebody help me out here or corret me if I am mistaking). I loved when Jonny guitar riff came Chris would get up, walk to the edge of the stage, and do that little jump/dance when Will comes in with the drums.

Strawberry Song: When this song first came out in the album, I wasn't a big fan of it but now, OMG!! I love when Chris comes to the mic with the guitar strapped to his back, and sings with those hand motions, it so inspiring (for lack of a better word :lol:). Also when the whole place claps along it was great.

GPASOYF/Talk: This when they came to the ramp on stage left(b-stage). Therefore this is when the fellas where closest to me during the show. But luck has it, this is when my digital camera's spare batteries died:cry:. But it was great. I am still in debate if I would prefer the techno version of Talk or the regular version of Talk. I would prefer both (like Viva la Vida). But I have come to love the techno version of Talk. Just seeing the spotlight on them come a tad closer to me filled me with loads of energy.

The Hardest Part/Postcards: I always liked the regular version of The Hardest Version but I love this version so much more!!! They have turned a pretty good rock ballad into one of the most intimate/beautiful songs I ever heard (I am so glad this version is on LRLR!). With Chris singing and on piano and Will singing along with his soothing voice, it just melted my heart (and I am a guy :lol:). Chris also made a funny reference to Justin Timberlake saying that this what it would sound like if he did a solo career like when Justin split from N'sync. Then he did the funniest high pitched "Won't You Be My Girlfriend" impression. Then I like Postcards for two reasons, it is a nice piano piece and it is a sign of the next song to come. :) When he was done, he reached for his jacket, then I knew that...

VIVA LA VIDA: Was next!!! This obviously got the crowd going the most. I love the Will is doing vocals with the "Ooahhss" in the beginning and the end. I went crazy on this (I took a video of this but all you could hear was my screeching :P:embarassed: lol). Then before the crowd would come in on the climax of the song, Chris said something of the sort, "Now let's sing so that all of Hershey can hear us...". Then when the song finished, as Chris lay on the catwalk as he always does, somebody besides me asked someone else if he was allright lol.

Lost: This was fun because Chris dance around the stage a lot on this. Especially when he put on the dragon costume and walked on the catwalk closer to me, that was awesome.

Acoustic: This occured on the other side of the stadium as I was so when I saw other people from my section running toward there, I went along. I got some nice pictures. I loved when they did the Monkees cover when he asked Jonny even is he was scared of playing in front of 12,000 pennsylvanians and was scared of doing of doing the most easiest Begees karaokee if he was in love, and he song so low (Oahhh) compared to Will and Guy. :rolleyes: Then they did the World Record Breaking first mexican cellphone wave in Hershey Pa starting with the farther section, then the acoustic section, then the middle (where I was). We did that about three times. Then he asked he section if we were in love which we responded by singing "Oaohh"

Politik: My favorite song from AROBTTH and it was great. I love the energy that came from Coldplay in this, and I sang along to this as loud as I could!!!

Lovers in Japan: This song was the one that really hit home to me. Probably the best song for me of the night. Just because of the butterfly confetti. When Chris sang, "I'm turning my head..."

Death and All of His Friends: Epic encore, epic lyrics, epic song. Another one I "sang" the lyrics to with my heart! This is when the band took their bows.

Encore: When they walked off the stage, some people were shouting encore, then the whole stadium started shouting Coldplay, then the whole stadium switched over to the "Ooaahhs" from Viva la Vida. Then Chris walked out in his Grammy jacket and thanked the crowd and talked about the LRLRL and said, "I hope you like it, and if you don't o'well. It comes at the great deal of nil dollars. Some rock critics say that this is the best deal for a Coldplay album":lol:.

The Scientist: Just a beautiful, flawless performance, it was just Chris by himself at first then as the appropiate time in the song came, the rest of guys came in their Grammy jackets and played. It was a very intimate moment.

LITII: At this point I was like screw it, so I put my cellphone and camera away (at this point I was rotating nearly dead batteries to get at least one or two pictures from the camera before it died and I had to rotate the useless batteries again) so I could enjoy Coldplay's last song of the night. My favorite of Prospekt's March. It was a great performance. Then as they left the stage to The Escapist, the beautiful VIVA sign appeared on the backdrop of the stage and that was my final picture of the evening. I left with a copy (not signed) of LRLRL and I left what was probably the greatest night of my life!!

Helen no problem...if you didn't see me i am feeling the same that i didn't met you too....

And SlaskWroclaw(Patrick) ah....that's awesome you saw us(me and my hubby)

And after reading all the others reviews here i just want to say my opinion about the Crowd....i don't know about other sections and places where they all were there,but in my section the people are so awesome...and i don't think the crowd sucked...there will be many reasons if people are quite too it may be their first ever concert might be or they didn't ever heard about this band might also be another reason....

So i will never blame the crowd...and i liked the audience in Hershey....

I didn't think the crowd was bad, of course there were some quiet areas but the people around me were very into it. I might of got a tad too much into it (if there is such a thing for a Coldplay concert) but it was my first concert and I was brimming with excitement. I thought the crowd was great and it was a lot better than I expected. How much was in attendance, 12,000?

^^ Yeah Chris mentioned in one of the songs (i forget which) that there were 12,000 in the audience that night.

Don't worry, I was probably a little too enthusiastic as well, if that can be possible at a Coldplay concert. :P I was pretty much screaming the entire time, to the displeasure of a lot of people around me :lol::annoyed:

EDIT: Amazing pics, intervention :o

^^ Yeah Chris mentioned in one of the songs (i forget which) that there were 12,000 in the audience that night.

Don't worry, I was probably a little too enthusiastic as well, if that can be possible at a Coldplay concert. :P I was pretty much screaming the entire time, to the displeasure of a lot of people around me :lol::annoyed:

EDIT: Amazing pics, intervention :o

thanks, and theres no "too enthusiastic" at a coldplay show. that stadium needed more enthusiasm.

ps i would love a video of the intro chris did before DWNC , it was really funny. anybody capture that?!

Awesome write up Pallavi, You were definately at the same Concert We were at . It was the Greatest , and everyone I saw was getting in to it too. !! Our whole section © was in tune with them.. Great to hear the Good News. !:cool:

Oh thanks...:)

For some reason i am still unable to forget this concert in Hershey,especially when Chris asked us said a word about us"all those good looking people in the middle,are you in love?" and ...mexican cold wave we did...

And then i loved the whole concert....and also the audience too.Wow they're great,in my section the people were shouting loud all the time...especially some girls...Well they're even yelling "i love you Chris" too...

Why not even me too....

I saw Chris waving at our group too some what more....during at the last after DAAHF when they're taking the bow....

jasmynebirch – That really stinks about how you couldn’t get upgraded! :( I hope you had a good time anyway since the boys came really close to your seats for their C-Stage! your daughter is adorable and I love the sign she made :nice:

Christina, that’s so awesome you got to hear sound check!!! I love the video of you running up to the stadium :laugh3: I completely agree with you about the crowd, and that's funny we both felt like the only people singing after Viva to get Chris back up!

thanks!!! it was pretty amazing!!!! :D

yeah. the crowd was. embarrassing. :embarassed: