✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

24-May-2009: Hershey Stadium, Hershey, PA, USA

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was right behind you i had the big whit sign. Did you see those girls dancing like crazy to pete yorn right next to us? :laugh3:

i only sat down around 15 mins. before the show. and were you wearing a blue shirt? I am watching my vids and i think i see you. did you put your arm out when chris ran up the ramp to sing VLV?

oh, one more thing.

the crowd.

wasn't as into it as i would've liked.

i think camden'll be better.

no jumping. no dancing. no singing. no CHEERING.

they didn't even keep going "OOOH...OOHHH..." at the end of VLV to get chris back to life.

i was SERIOUSLY the only one singing it. it was bull. :dozey:.

i hope camden's better.

I don't know where you were...but where we were, the crowd was AWESOME! They did NOT sit down the ENTIRE show! That's the only concert I've ever been to like that. We were in Section 8 (guy's side) in the bleachers. It was SOOOO loud! I haven't heard anything that loud ever. My ears were still hurting (in a good way) today. We started the phone wave. hahah It was an awesome show. And Chris burned his forearm at the beginning of the show during LIT - I saw it right in front of us. He played through two songs and when Johnny helped him up is when he ran off stage. There was a LONG pause during this time. Will, Guy, and Johnny just kind of fiddled around on their instruments a while until Chris came back. The balloons were also being prepped for Yellow then, so it was a weird pause, but not too weird b/c you could see the balloons getting ready. IT WAS GREAAAAATT!! The band was SOOO into it. Loved it! Hope it's this good in Pittsburgh this weekend! :)

And I was there around 2:00...around 3:30ish, I was at the same gate you ran to when you heard loud Coldplay music and we talked to the same exact yellow-shirted security guy...but we quickly realized there was no soundcheck...they were playing LRLRL really loudly....we walked almost the whole way around the stadium...no CP boys....they flew in on the helicopter later... I totally thought it was them, though, too...I was screaming and running across the parking lot...my friend took video of me dancing to one of the songs..then we heard a large crowd coming from inside the stage and then it suddenly paused...letting us know it was LRLRL...we even ran to the front of the stadium where paper butterflies were all over the ground and could see through the fence that there was no one on stage... bummer...

Hershey Review.

Awesome write up Pallavi, You were definately at the same Concert We were at . It was the Greatest , and everyone I saw was getting in to it too. !! Our whole section © was in tune with them.. Great to hear the Good News. !:cool:

First off I would just like to say that this was my first Coldplay concert and it was honestly the best night of my life!!!! Thank you so much Coldplay for such a memorable evening!!!!! :) Anyway heres my review.....

My 2 friends and I got to the venue around 5pm, but we missed soundcheck. :( Took a few pics, then walked around the side of the stadium to stand in line for seating. We had Section D row 45 seats.... After a half an hour they opened the gates and we filed in to the stadium and found our seats. We took out posterboard and markers and made our sign and decorated it with butterfly confetti strewn across the lawn. I tried to look for Pallavi and Christina but couldn't seem to find either of them! :(:(:(

Then it started to rain and it was announced that the show was to be put on hold until it stopped, so everyone had to go and hide out in the area underneath the stands and wait the rain out. My friends and I got really wet so we put on the t-shirts that we had made the night before and brought with us, and that's when a Roadie spotted us!!!!! :D:D She was wearing a black tank top and had black (I think?) hair and saw our t-shirts, my home-made VIVA tote bag, and our nails that had "VIVA LA VIDA" painted on them and our sign (destroyed from the rain) and gave us upgrades to Section C Row 2!!!!!!!!! :bomb: I had been hoping and praying for seat upgrades but never dreamed it would actually happen! Thank goodness for the rain and our t-shirts or otherwise we probably never have gotten them!!! :D

After a while of waiting the pouring rain finally stopped and we found our new seats!!! We were off to the left side of the stage (Jonny's side) right next to Jonny's ramp!!!! There was one point where Chris was jumping around on the ramp and every time he threw his head back I saw millions of sweat pearls fly from his head in the light!!! :D

Anyway, I really liked Pete Yorn a lot, he did a great job opening!! After as the roadies were drying the stage and setting up for Coldplay, Magnificent came on, then a hip-hop song that I didnt recognize :P, then a classical piece. Then...... COLDPLAY!!!!

This was my first Coldplay concert and it was seriously the best night of my life!!! Every song sounded amazing and I got so many videos of them! Clocks, Yellow, CoL, In My Place, LiJ, I'm a Believer, DWNC (Will did an amazing job singing), Fix You, etc etc!!! Chris was so energetic and his dancing was exciting!! In LiJ we were right in front of the canons taht shot the Confetti out and it was spectacular seeing millions of them shoot out into the audience!!! We also saw the roadies throwing the huge balloons out for Yellow :lol: Chris was fantastic on the piano, I loved it when the huge screens (that we were RIGHT in front of) focused in on his fingers playing, it was beautiful!! We did the Mexican cell phone wave which I thought looked pretty cool!! I only wish the crowd had been more enthusiastic, I was screaming the entire time and received many weird looks from people nearby! :laugh3: Chris as usual tried so hard to get the crowd to participate! I was seriously the only one in my section singing the "Ooooohhhs" after Viva to get Chris to stand back up and start Lost!! :( I loved seeing the Sgt. Pepper costumes in the encore, The Scientist and LiT ii both sounded great!!! :D

After the show my firiends and I picked up handfuls of confetti and loaded them into my bag. My friends were in such a hurry to leave and escape the rush that I couldn't go up to the roadies and ask for a setlist! :( I'm still slightly angry at them for that, but oh well.... :P On the way out I picked up a copy of LRLRL :D I was so sad it was over, the show honestly seemed like it was only like half an hour long!!! Without a doubt, THE best night of my life! I also bought a t-shirt with the tour dates printed on the back, a poster, and a tour program!!!

I LOVED Coldplay before, didnt think my love for them could get bigger but it has grown so much after seeing them live!!! This show meant so much to me, thank you so much Coldplay!!!!!