✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

01-Jun-2009: Darien Lakes, Buffalo, NY, USA

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgNDJm6HOoI&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Coldplay - In My Place - Darien Lake[/ame]

heres one of my many videos sorry its shaky i was really excited. ill upload more later but right now i dont have the time. photo.php?pid=2060556&id=583567283&ref=mf

That's them. Matt and Alex. Actually, I am right behind Matt (the taller one) in that picture, you just can't see me ( well you can only see my leg and my bag ) because I am short! Haha!

Hahahaha I remeber seeing them haha. OMG I should have come on here and got to know you guys before the show haha.

I went with my friend and we had a fucking awesome time. We were in the 303 and during Glasses Of Water I was the only one singing that I heared haha, but omg I fucking loved the show and I dont know what was my favorite, but Lovers In Japan was epic haha:D

Hahahaha I remeber seeing them haha. OMG I should have come on here and got to know you guys before the show haha.

I went with my friend and we had a fucking awesome time. We were in the 303 and during Glasses Of Water I was the only one singing that I heared haha, but omg I fucking loved the show and I dont know what was my favorite, but Lovers In Japan was epic haha:D

Yeah, you should have come over, it was a pretty fun time! So, i probably saw you but didn't know who you were then??

Yeah the show was awesome, although, that's an understatement, and why would we think it was anything but really?!

OMG!!! Thank you Soooo Much! This was my first Coldplay Concert and it's so great to re-live it over and over again .... You are the best!

You are welcome. The main reason I recorded it all was because all of my best freinds could not go so I was like I'll video it for you, but in the end, i find myself really thankful that I did too so I can re-live it over and over and over. Haha, i find myself watching them and not listening to the Cds. HAHA.

Like I said, the show just put me over the top as far as becoming a fan!

I was impressed by them spending time out in the rain with the rest of us (well, we were in the lawn), but then again, a friend of mine pointed out that they ARE from England and they probably are used to it ;)

I noticed your Sig Line? You were at another Darien Lake Show? WOW! Lucky You!

I like the idea of having the shows you've gone to in your sig line? Is that trade marked or copyrighted, or are other people allowed to do that too? :D

Like I said, the show just put me over the top as far as becoming a fan!

I was impressed by them spending time out in the rain with the rest of us (well, we were in the lawn), but then again, a friend of mine pointed out that they ARE from England and they probably are used to it ;)

I noticed your Sig Line? You were at another Darien Lake Show? WOW! Lucky You!

I like the idea of having the shows you've gone to in your sig line? Is that trade marked or copyrighted, or are other people allowed to do that too? :D

Haha, you're allowed, they aren't trademarked, copyrighted, or anything. Lots of people on the message boards do it.

Additionally, I am very glad that they do that, that's what makes me love COldplay soo much, they go out to the lawn, I dont know anyone else who does that. They are so considerate of their fans.

Oh good, I was hoping there wern't any legal restrictions :D

Yeah, two things really struck out in my mind that night:

1) they were right IN the crowd

and

2) they actually were playing at such a small venue! When you look at all the places they fill, Darien Lake is just like a drop in the pond :stunned:

If I had the time and the money I think I'd follow them around the country :laugh3:

So, I am sure yours is good too, I mean anyone who spends time making a jacket, I give them credit.

And, thanks for following me on twitter, I am a pretty boring person to follow, but I appreciate it :)

You're welcome, and I should say the same to you! I'm pretty boring as well, haha. And WOW your videos came out really nice! I give you credit, because I was far too excited to take any videos. The ones my sis took were ridiculously shaky.

OH MAN I really wanna go to the show in Saratoga Springs now!! Anyone up for a roadtrip? :D

You're welcome, and I should say the same to you! I'm pretty boring as well, haha. And WOW your videos came out really nice! I give you credit, because I was far too excited to take any videos. The ones my sis took were ridiculously shaky.

OH MAN I really wanna go to the show in Saratoga Springs now!! Anyone up for a roadtrip? :D

I wanna go! How far is it from Darien, actually, where is it?

I wanna go! How far is it from Darien, actually, where is it?

Well, it's 250 miles (By the thruway) and about 4 to 4 1/2 hours drive, though I suppose that depends on how fast you drive ...

Basically it's right near Albany ... We've already got a carload going :dance:

Coldplay concert review

This past Monday, I went to see Coldplay live in concert at Darien with Wendy and a couple of her friends. It was really only the second concert I've ever been to, but my first going to Darien. I must say that I'm glad I went to go see them because it was one hell of a concert from start to finish. And despite the fact the venue wasn't perfect and getting out took a while, it was well worth it. I would likely say this is my "moment" for 2009.

Being the huge Coldplay fan I am, just going to their concert would have made my day and it certainly did. Our seats may have been at the back, but we had a decent view of the bands from where we were. The two opening bands, Howling Bells and Pete Yorn, were both pretty good acts and weren't your typical crappy opening house band. I can see why Coldplay choose them to open for them. But admit it, everyone was their for Coldplay and eventually we got what we wanted. As predicted, they played most of their best songs from "Yellow" to "Viva la Vida" and many more (including "Strawberry Swing" which I wanted them to play). The set was very vibrant and the show had everything from lasers to paper butterflies they shot during "Lovers in Japan." The pics I posted on Facebook say pretty much everything even if I cannot take a night shot to save my life (need to work on that).

The best moment was unexpected on my account when they moved to their C-stage which turned out to be our section in the back. I literally got within 50 feet (maybe closer) of the band and got to see their faces. Then, after Will sung his solo, they topped it off with an unexpected tune of "I'm a Believer" which I thought was pretty clever. But I never thought in my wildest dreams I would get THAT close to Coldplay, not even in a million years. Best FUCKIN MOMENT EVAR!!!!!

I will admit their where a couple bad things though mostly with the venue and how crazy it got at times. Heck, I even had this one drunk girl going nuts in front of me (probably as good as it'll get knowing me, lol). The only other complaint is that they didn't play "Speed of Sound" which is a little bit of a surprise. But then again, who the fuck is complaining? Overall, I absolutely loved going to see these guys and hopefully they comeback to Western NY one day cause that would be fuckin awesome!!! (Although Toronto would work too).

http://fnkmstradam.livejournal.com/25026.html

Wow! you pointed out quite a great number of things I hadn't even thought of ... Like "Speed Of Sound" ... you know there are just so many great songs, it seemed that they played everything "main stream" and everything I wanted to hear; I didn't even notice that song was missing ... then again ... as you say ... whose complaining???!!! Certainly Not Me!!!

We were dead center, about halfway back in the lawn ... while we couldn't see anything really well, the projection screens were pretty good and of course when they came out into the audience, we could see them just fine :D

We too ended up with a drunk couple and their third wheel next to us, who migrated in front of us! They obviously could give a crap about the music as they spent 90% of the concert taking photos of themselves on their mobile. My BFF is really short, so it was really pissing us off because she couldn't see and had to keep moving every so often :veryangry2:

Darien lake is a great place to see a show ... even from the lawn ... I've been looking at the venue @ saratoga Springs coming up, and while we have lawn seating (because that's all we can afford, and just about all that's left) the upper portion of the view appears as if it will be blocked by a balcony. :(

I can only think of a couple of shows I've been to that even come close to compare ... Barenaked Ladies and Moxy Fruvous ... but of course neither of them are HUGE Megastar Groups (and neither REALLY exists any more - sorry BNL, but you don't.) Further more, niether sent me home with a bit of the show (BUTTERFLIES!!!) and a free CD!

The Show rateed a A+++ in my opinion

Darien Lake PAC gets a B. Unless of course you include leaving which takes that down to a D-.

Yeah, you should have come over, it was a pretty fun time! So, i probably saw you but didn't know who you were then??

Yeah the show was awesome, although, that's an understatement, and why would we think it was anything but really?!

Haha true true.

Next time they come to buffalo, we can convers haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Also just got back from Darien Lake, I had seen them in Cleveland and let me tell you this was a way better crowd, atmosphere, and performance. Really great, Everyone was into it and oh I go to touch all the band members as the walked to the C stage. That was cool. Great show and now I feel so satisfied!

So did I!!! I was freaking out!!!!:D

That's them. Matt and Alex. Actually, I am right behind Matt (the taller one) in that picture, you just can't see me ( well you can only see my leg and my bag ) because I am short! Haha!

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF MATT HAS A COLDPLAYING ACCOUNT?????? Because he started a cheer for us at the Toronto concert, because the security gaurds were trying to get me and my friends to move to another line, where we would have been father back even though we had been waiting to get into the pit since 1PM. So Matt started chanting "purple girls"(due to our homemade purple Coldplay shirts which we also wore to the Darien Lake concert by the way), and then everyone else joined in the cheer!

Dunno...

Where were you at last nights Toronto concert? We were there in the pit - Stage Right (left side of stage) right at the end of the extension stage. My videos (shot in HD) sound terrible... speakers were right above us... grrr.... oh well - concert was a blast - just like Darrien's last month (and Toronto's last year).

• 3 weeks later...
Dunno...

Where were you at last nights Toronto concert? We were there in the pit - Stage Right (left side of stage) right at the end of the extension stage. My videos (shot in HD) sound terrible... speakers were right above us... grrr.... oh well - concert was a blast - just like Darrien's last month (and Toronto's last year).

I was indeed there:D And it was! Except it was even more amazing for me, because I was in the pit for Toronto:D