✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Music You've Just "Discovered"

I kind of "rediscovered" Los Campesinos! recently. I've liked them for months, but just a couple of weeks ago I listened to them quite a bit and got kind of obsessed :heart:

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS AT ALL. The Naked And Famous are AWFUL. Being from New Zealand, I watched them grow to be this famous. It's insane. They used to be a cool little indie band but they actually sold out! They got signed to a major label and released the single Young Blood, which is exactly the same as most mainstream pop in New Zealand.

And I must say, Young Blood is a truly awful song. It won the Silver Scroll songwriting award here last year, which is insane. Some of the best songs ever written in New Zealand (and the world, I must say) have won that award. And they choose a song with a boring song incredibly cheesy keyboard line? Fuck.

AND NOW, people overseas are starting to like them? this is too much. They're a terrible band. GAH.

I looked up Young Blood a couple of weeks ago based on a recommendation, and it sounds like a little kid version of MGMT/Passion Pit on helium. It's awful.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so out of curiosity, I just looked up The Naked and Famous. I'm actually irritated at the fact that "Young Blood" and "Punching in a Dream" sound almost identical. :|

I looked up Young Blood a couple of weeks ago based on a recommendation, and it sounds like a little kid version of MGMT/Passion Pit on helium. It's awful.

thank you

This is kind of sad it took me so long, but I just recently discovered Sigur Ros. They're amazing! XD I love Jonsi's new CD as well. :)

O RLY? That's awesome. :smiley: It's better late than never, right?

Would you say you like Sigur Rós or Jónsi better?

• 2 months later...