✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Viva La Vida... demos thread

robmatt

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Darcy.

Basically his first post was a "teaser"... like saying that he had a friend who got some unreleased tracks from Coldplay and that he didn't know if he should upload them... Then a bunch of people asked nicely for him to upload them....and some people called him not so nice names and even cursed and called him a fake...

Well then- he emailed 2 of like the 9 tracks that he has to someone else on here (forget who) and they uploaded them on to mediafire and posted them here.

One is a rough version of LiJ and the other is a unreleased song called Bloodless Revolution.

Both are brilliant and I, along with many other people are very thankful!

<3

Does that help!? :D

I like Bloodless Revolution cause I enjoy the more straightforward kind of depressing lyrics about how fucked up the world is or whatever.

They never put that on their records though. I mean maybe Violet Hill. Twisted Logic for sure.

But yeah. I want more that. But doesn't seem like the CP style.

I like Bloodless Revolution cause I enjoy the more straightforward kind of depressing lyrics about how fucked up the world if or whatever.

They never put that on their records though. I mean maybe Violet Hill. Twisted Logic for sure.

maybe politik, too. a wee bit, at least.

I like Bloodless Revolution cause I enjoy the more straightforward kind of depressing lyrics about how fucked up the world if or whatever.

I agree. I wish they had put that song on the album or on Prospekt's March EP. I thought the lyrics were really good.

I also agree with it not really being Coldplay's style too, but I think if it was edited or something it would.

I agree. I wish they had put that song on the album or on Prospekt's March EP. I thought the lyrics were really good.

I also agree with it not really being Coldplay's style too, but I think if it was edited or something it would.

Yeah right. Totally. I'd love that. But then they'd probably get ragged on for preaching or something.

And I meant like CP doesn't really seem to like to do those kinds of songs, it's not their style. Seems like Chris would rather write sort of ambiguous lyrics that can be interpreted a thousand different ways than be specific and have to be bothered to explain them. Which I can't really complain about, but I'd like some variety I think.

Even Bucket For A Crown, I was late on hearing that. And I thought the lyrics were great, but I can't imagine them putting it on a CD.

But what do I know what they're thinking. I ramble on like I'm insane.

thank you so so much:heart:, this is a very confusing thread:lol:

and i agree, both are fantastic:D

whats this about him uploading sunday? is it really gonna happen?

aahhh:D

Um... as far as I understand- he is thinking about it.

He doesn't want to release them all to us out of respect to Chris? I guess...

I'm hoping we can persuede him though! That would be amazing. :D

Yeah right. Totally. I'd love that. But then they'd probably get ragged on for preaching or something.

And I meant like CP doesn't really seem to like to do those kinds of songs, it's not their style. Seems like Chris would rather write sort of ambiguous lyrics that can be interpreted a thousand different ways than be specific and have to be bothered to explain them. Which I can't really complain about, but I'd like some variety I think.

Even Bucket For A Crown, I was late on hearing that. And I thought the lyrics were great, but I can't imagine them putting it on a CD.

But what do I know what they're thinking. I ramble on like I'm insane.

Oh, alright. I get what you mean now.

So, I'm guessing you mean Violet Hill and Twisted Logic are like that? Or similar.

But, what you were saying about how Chris rather write songs that can be interpreted a lot of different ways, those songs I guess can be. In a way.

That's why they need to release demos like these because than we can be satisfied either way. :rolleyes:

Oh, alright. I get what you mean now.

So, I'm guessing you mean Violet Hill and Twisted Logic are like that? Or similar.

But, what you were saying about how Chris rather write songs that can be interpreted a lot of different ways, those songs I guess can be. In a way.

That's why they need to release demos like these because than we can be satisfied either way. :rolleyes:

Well they're more like political and what not.

And definately. We need more b-sides. :P I'll be happy with that.

People wanna fight for fun

But what is a battle when the war's already been won

People wanna break what's built

There's no use crying when the milk's already been spilt

Here's a needle, here's a thread

Sew yourself up, clear your head (or hand)

Here's a needle, here's a thread

Oh no, I meant exactly what I said

You might find that you're useless

No better than a hole in the ground

You might find that you're useless

No better than a hole in the ground

Look at all the cavemen goin

Turning over to the shore

Ohhh

-mumbles- (not finished lyrics I guess)

what's....what you been

Ohhh

I'm only looking for a bloodless revolution

^My guesses at the lyrics.

is he saying "one day youll turn my heart out" on lovers in japan? i think so.

thats so interesting. i love this:wacky:

Yeah. I like that lyric so much better. So sweet :heart:

I hope we hear the other ones. I'ts so cool to see how songs have changed and such.

oh i know.

im getting way overexcited. but containing it for the sake of this thread:lol:

lovers in japan is my favorite song of all-time, most of the time. i know more than a few disliek it, but i think its freaking magical.

the military style drums, the carrying bassline, jonnys awesome guitar riff at the bridge, piano that makes me wanna dance, and chris' fantastic lyrics and melody.

:heart: