✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Viva La Vida... demos thread

robmatt

To Rob - thank you so much for letting us have that. It was totally unexpected, and you're a great man. I really hope you will decide to put out more. I'm pretty sure that even though these songs are in rough form, Coldplay won't use them anymore.

What I am speculating is that Rob might have LeftRightLeftRightLeft, 'cause it was on the original Prospekt's list way back in september 07', was it? So it was one of the early songs so it could be there. But surely one out of Rob's 11 songs HAS GOT TO BE Bucket for a Crown, if this was recorded in dec.2006, it was only a month after that charity gig where Chris debuted the song, so I'm positive Rob has that.

I wouldn't bank on him having Famous Old Painters (introduced by Prospekt in late 2007), but then I wouldn't bank on anything, we just got an early form of Lovers In Japan (which was introduced by Prospekt as a new song only as late as in January 2008!).

VERY GRATEFUL AND HONOURED at hearing these songs.

excellent post. Rob, you have made the day of hundreds of people. Consider that. Any demo means the world to us!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're all welcome:) Glad I've made someone happy. As I said earlier I will upload one more tomorrow...and that will be it I'm afraid, at least for now. Who knows, might put the rest on eBay...lol;)

Regarding the date of the demos, it was actually December 2005 (and not 2006). So very early on in the progress.

Later, R

You're all welcome:) Glad I've made someone happy. As I said earlier I will upload one more tomorrow...and that will be it I'm afraid, at least for now. Who knows, might put the rest on eBay...lol;)

Regarding the date of the demos, it was actually December 2005 (and not 2006). So very early on in the progress.

Later, R

That is early eh. And thanks again. Can't wait.

You should put it all up somehow. Even on ebay. Hopefully someone here would buy it and put it up. :P

Thanks Rob...as you can see you've made a bunch of us here giddy and excited!:wacky: Christmas in July!!!:lol: I can.not.stop listenting to Bloodless Revolution over&over&over.

And thanks guys for creating some "artwork" to go with it(I also hate not having anything show up on the iPod when a song plays) I chose this one:

cold460x2761-2.jpg?t=1247951225

It made me laugh thinking what their expressions mean in regards to us dling this "leak":

Will--damn it!":shame:

Chris--oh shit!:stunned:

Jonny--how could you?:inquisitive:

Guy--tsk tsk

:P

Jesus, how the hell did i miss this thread up until now?! :shocked2: :shame:

I can't believe this, it's incredible. Bloodless Revolution is amazing, i love it! :o:D It's so cool to hear an early version of Lovers In Japan too :wacky: Rob, thank you soooooo much, you are an absolute legend!!

To Rob - thank you so much for letting us have that. It was totally unexpected, and you're a great man. I really hope you will decide to put out more. I'm pretty sure that even though these songs are in rough form, Coldplay won't use them anymore.

What I am speculating is that Rob might have LeftRightLeftRightLeft, 'cause it was on the original Prospekt's list way back in september 07', was it? So it was one of the early songs so it could be there. But surely one out of Rob's 11 songs HAS GOT TO BE Bucket for a Crown, if this was recorded in dec.2006, it was only a month after that charity gig where Chris debuted the song, so I'm positive Rob has that.

I wouldn't bank on him having Famous Old Painters (introduced by Prospekt in late 2007), but then I wouldn't bank on anything, we just got an early form of Lovers In Japan (which was introduced by Prospekt as a new song only as late as in January 2008!).

VERY GRATEFUL AND HONOURED at hearing these songs.

excellent post. Rob, you have made the day of hundreds of people. Consider that. Any demo means the world to us!

Rob is a saint :laugh1:

I can't say more than that!

I completely agree.

AMAZING!!! :kiss:

by the way im already in love with this song! i dont get why they've not released it yet. this actually opens a completely new prospect on unreleased material. it shows there could be many superb songs being created behind the scenes, without us knowing anythin about them!

that's the funniest quote ever

Originally Posted by nvdmm;3247530

what the bloody hell ur on about?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUST HAD A FEW BLUNTS, DON'T MIND ME, LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO