✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm in need of some new music... any ideas?

AJay

Hi everyone! I'm sure this topic has been posted before but I'm desperate for some new tunes!! Got any ideas? I like bands such as coldplay, doves, radiohead, janes addiction, propellorheads, massive atack, morcheeba, portishead etc to give you an idea of what I'm into. Thanks to anyone that replys, giving a hint on a song I could sample would be a great help :) Thanks!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your slightly into trip-hop...how 'bout some Tricky?

okay... now, none of this is trip-hop, but if you're open, it's good sheet. All a decent blend of funk and other genres.

Particle

Galactic

Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra

and the list goes on...

And then there's indie rock:

Rilo Kiley --HIGHLY recommend. download The Good That Won't Come Out, 85, Papillon, Go Ahead, Asshole

Modest Mouse

Dismemberment Plan

Iron and Wine -- very good...very chill. Download Promising Light, Lion's Mane

Ta Daa!!

Kayleigh

Wow! Thanks so much for this guys ;) This'll keep my busy for quite some time although any further suggestions are still welcome! :) Silverchair hey Jo? Good to see someone outside of australia getting into some top aussie rock! Have you heard of powderfinger? They are an aussie band that a meant to be pretty good mates with coldplay. Very highly respected in Aus... worth checkin out :cool:

Oh... and welcome aboard Kayleigh! I just realised this was your first post! I'm not only into trip hop... I do already have one of tricky's cd's (maxinquae) although I probably should check out some of his newer stuff. Ta for all your suggestions! Looking forward to checkin them all out :)

Wow! Thanks so much for this guys ;) This'll keep my busy for quite some time although any further suggestions are still welcome! :) Silverchair hey Jo? Good to see someone outside of australia getting into some top aussie rock! Have you heard of powderfinger? They are an aussie band that a meant to be pretty good mates with coldplay. Very highly respected in Aus... worth checkin out :cool:

Yeah, I have heard of powderfinger. I love the song 'My Happiness', but this is the only song I know :embarrased: :embarrased:

:) Don't worry Jo... I don't know many of their songs either. But the songs I do know I do like and they have been around for so long... every album they release is in the australian charts. They are so well respected here in aus. My ex boyfriend actually introduced me to the lead singer once... and guess what I just realised.... I've met someone who has met and is friends with Chris Martin. AAAARGH!!! hahaha :lol:

Hey an Aussie!! A rare sight on this board!! i've been asking for some for a while now. looks like theres been a shipment! :rolleyes:

I know Powderfinger! I hung out w/ em once backstage baby :cool: *coming off like a total male groupie here* :stunned:

Yeah they're top dudes, I got a signed shirt :cool: