September 5, 200323 yr Hi everyone! I'm sure this topic has been posted before but I'm desperate for some new tunes!! Got any ideas? I like bands such as coldplay, doves, radiohead, janes addiction, propellorheads, massive atack, morcheeba, portishead etc to give you an idea of what I'm into. Thanks to anyone that replys, giving a hint on a song I could sample would be a great help :) Thanks!
September 5, 200323 yr Hmmm I suggest you download any songs you can find by Travis, Stereophonics and Idlewild, I think you will like them :)
September 5, 200323 yr FEEDER and TURIN BRAKES. I am the official plugger of these two great bands :D I recommend them to anyone :)
September 5, 200323 yr Check out a cool british rock band ( trio ) called INME there full of energy and kick ass ! there cd is called Overgrown Eden HTTT :sneaky:
September 5, 200323 yr Sounds like your slightly into trip-hop...how 'bout some Tricky? okay... now, none of this is trip-hop, but if you're open, it's good sheet. All a decent blend of funk and other genres. Particle Galactic Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra and the list goes on... And then there's indie rock: Rilo Kiley --HIGHLY recommend. download The Good That Won't Come Out, 85, Papillon, Go Ahead, Asshole Modest Mouse Dismemberment Plan Iron and Wine -- very good...very chill. Download Promising Light, Lion's Mane Ta Daa!! Kayleigh
September 6, 200323 yr Author Wow! Thanks so much for this guys ;) This'll keep my busy for quite some time although any further suggestions are still welcome! :) Silverchair hey Jo? Good to see someone outside of australia getting into some top aussie rock! Have you heard of powderfinger? They are an aussie band that a meant to be pretty good mates with coldplay. Very highly respected in Aus... worth checkin out :cool:
September 6, 200323 yr Author Oh... and welcome aboard Kayleigh! I just realised this was your first post! I'm not only into trip hop... I do already have one of tricky's cd's (maxinquae) although I probably should check out some of his newer stuff. Ta for all your suggestions! Looking forward to checkin them all out :)
September 6, 200323 yr you should invest in Damien Rice's album You won't be disappointed!!!!! :D :D :D
September 7, 200323 yr buy a duke ellington or aphex twin or curtis mayfield album so you actually have something different to listen to, instead of more bands that sound similar. :D
September 7, 200323 yr yep silverchair :D ... and the white birch (norwegian) .. no one knows them but they're good.. at least i like them :)
September 7, 200323 yr Author Thank you! Now give me a few weeks to download a few from each and I'll get back to you on how I liked them :P (I have dial up connection :embarrased: ) ;)
September 8, 200323 yr Wow! Thanks so much for this guys ;) This'll keep my busy for quite some time although any further suggestions are still welcome! :) Silverchair hey Jo? Good to see someone outside of australia getting into some top aussie rock! Have you heard of powderfinger? They are an aussie band that a meant to be pretty good mates with coldplay. Very highly respected in Aus... worth checkin out :cool: Yeah, I have heard of powderfinger. I love the song 'My Happiness', but this is the only song I know :embarrased: :embarrased:
September 8, 200323 yr Author :) Don't worry Jo... I don't know many of their songs either. But the songs I do know I do like and they have been around for so long... every album they release is in the australian charts. They are so well respected here in aus. My ex boyfriend actually introduced me to the lead singer once... and guess what I just realised.... I've met someone who has met and is friends with Chris Martin. AAAARGH!!! hahaha :lol:
September 8, 200323 yr Hey an Aussie!! A rare sight on this board!! i've been asking for some for a while now. looks like theres been a shipment! :rolleyes: I know Powderfinger! I hung out w/ em once backstage baby :cool: *coming off like a total male groupie here* :stunned: Yeah they're top dudes, I got a signed shirt :cool:
Create an account or sign in to comment