✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LOLdplay: I Can Haz Cake?

Strawberry Rain

^:o

Who made this blasphemous... thing ?! :angry:

Btw, I was gonna say this is exaggeration, most of the kids nowadays still have some culture, but then I remembered "Who is Paul McCartney ?" was trending the night of the Grammys :facepalm::sick:

WHAT?!?! Who is Paul McCartney??????

That...makes me very sad. And that Skrillex thing-please tell me that is someone joking around?

Edit: I see the grammar mistake, too. Big pet peeve of mine, that particular one.

Yup :nod:

I guess we all thought that The Beatles are kinda immortal, but we've come to the point where more and more young people, for some reason, never heard of them. I think "giving your children information about The Beatles and artists that left an important legacy in the music world" should be in parenting books, from now on, just in case. Education is the key :nod:

That's a joke obviously. And the mistakes are intentional.

It's exaggerated but not far from the truth...

:nod:

Another sign we're close to the Apocalypse, the (decent) music world is starting to get ignored, coming to an end. :nod:

COLDPLAY SAVE US! PLEASE! :bigcry:

That's a joke obviously. And the mistakes are intentional.

It's exaggerated but not far from the truth...

Thank god. I had a feeling it might be a joke, but nowadays, you never know. I mean, if people can go around asking, "Who's Paul McCartney?" after all...

I guess I was just raised differently or something-sure, I went through my teenybopper phase as a teenager and such, I liked a lot of the top 40 stuff (and still like some of it every now and again, though clearly I'm at the age where I've outgrown a lot of it). But I still knew about classic music, thanks to my parents, and didn't shy away from more "mature" stuff because it wasn't what was hot at the moment. I've been pretty well exposed and open to a great variety of music, old and new, thanks to my parents. They educated me well. So it always strikes me weird when I hear of young people who don't know about the classics and such. If the new music out is someone's thing, fine, to each their own and all that good stuff. But people's musical history knowledge is sorely lacking sometimes and I find that a sad thing.

I'm so happy I discovered Coldplay a couple of years ago. Seriously, they keep me sane. :)

:nod:

This talk of the Beatles reminded me of a cute story... when I was visiting my brother the other day, we were having dinner and my 2-year-old niece (who has just started to talk properly) was asking loads of questions (as they do at that age). She picked up a place mat which had a picture of John, Paul, George and Ringo on it and asked "Who are those boys?" and my mum started explaining to her about The Beatles. I doubt she understood much of it, but at least there's some hope that a child will grow up knowing who The Beatles were. :)

^^ Wish I had a family like that. My parents lived their adolescence when Pink Floyd rocked the world, they witnessed the entire Beatles phenomenon... But didn't care at all, they only listened to Italian music, which was (mostly) crap and still is. :blank:

So I grew up without knowing who all these people were, having to build my own music culture by myself, and I've still got a lot to listen to :nod: And it all started with Coldplay :heart:

Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

:lol: :nod:

Well, hey, that's just as impressive, that you search that stuff out on your own! Good for you :). And your favorite bands can be an excellent means of educating you-that's why I always love it when I hear Coldplay, or any other band I like, talk about their musical influences, or what they're listening to now, or whatever, because I'm interested to hear that music they list as a result-if it influences my favorite bands logic follows that the chances are good I'll like it, then :D. And usually that turns out to be the case.

My dad worked as a radio DJ for a good portion of his life. So he kinda HAD to be up on what's what out there for his job :lol:. But even before then, he just always loved music and collected albums like mad when he was a kid/teenager. And my mom did that as well, plus I have memories of being a little kid and sitting with her on nights my dad worked and watching MTV together (this was back in the '80s, when they still played music), and my dad made mix tapes that we used to play on trips and stuff, and there was all sorts of oldies music on there, and my dad would play records around the house on Saturday nights...I have good musical memories from my childhood :).

"Camera seducing diva"-:laugh3:.

If the camera isn't responding to his seduction...I'm free and single :whistle:.

Hahaha! good answer!

Ugh. Stupid.

And two huge grammar mistakes in there. :inquisitive:

WHAT?!?! Who is Paul McCartney??????

That...makes me very sad. And that Skrillex thing-please tell me that is someone joking around?

Edit: I see the grammar mistake, too. Big pet peeve of mine, that particular one.

Mine also.. Quite apart from the obvious tragedy of not knowing who the Beatles were.. I do hope it IS a joke..

Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

ROFLOL.. love this.. I may borrow it, if that's OK?

^^ Wish I had a family like that. My parents lived their adolescence when Pink Floyd rocked the world, they witnessed the entire Beatles phenomenon... But didn't care at all, they only listened to Italian music, which was (mostly) crap and still is. :blank:

So I grew up without knowing who all these people were, having to build my own music culture by myself, and I've still got a lot to listen to :nod: And it all started with Coldplay :heart:

:lol: :nod:

I understand you. My Dad is a piano teacher and would NOT allow popular music into the house at all.. Until my brother and I were teenagers, all we ever knew was classical music. I have nothing against classical music, but I grew up being force fed it.. So like you, I've learned my own musical tastes..

viva2.jpg

U talkin 2 me? U talkin 2 me? :wacko:

4oXDh.jpg

Yeah, I'm talkin 2 u. :mellow:

~Schizophrenic Chrissy~

LOL! :D

viva2.jpg

U talkin 2 me? U talkin 2 me? :wacko:

4oXDh.jpg

Yeah, I'm talkin 2 u. :mellow:

~Schizophrenic Chrissy~

:lol: His bandmates might just agree with this one!

Wow, Row, your Dad and my Mom would get a long great,lol. Classical, Church music and a bit of Country for me. I had to sneak my music at my Grandparents' place on their turntable. And she also teaches piano and voice!

She still doesn't listen to MY stuff since it's got drums on it. *GASP*