✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

HIstory discussions

ricardo

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like history, I'm always interested in what we learn at school, but I forget a lot of things I learn in my history class... :p

When I was younger, I found Medieval Serbia history quite interesting.

I also liked when we learned about The Renaissance, The French Revolution, and the World Wars. Especially about what Serbia had to do with the World Wars.

edit: I realised I made a mistake in this post. At the World Wars time it was Yugoslavia, but I wrote Serbia because I was thinking about things that happened in this area. Sorry.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Ricardo, do you think it would have been better for the French to have stayed in Mexico?

The Cinco De Mayo independence wouldn't exist if they had stayed.

Let's clarify first some things: May 5th isn't celebrated here with such importance as in USA. National holiday is actually Septmber 16th, the day fight for independance of Spain begun. May 5th commemorates the day the mexican army defeated the powerful, experienced and bigger french army.

And to answet your question is No. The system did not even work in France itself, although one of the causes was the failure in Mexico. Mexico would have just turned into a French colony, benefits going to France and not to the Mexicans. Therefore it would be a step backwards, 10 years of struggle with Spain would have been worthless, and then probably there'd be an emancipation from France being the aftermath a fight for power between mexicans ourselves and social revolutions to finally establish the country's situation, republic or whatever. Then obviously Mexico would be a young country with many more problems to face in the future besides the actual ones.

God..

I already knew that..

And come on. Ed O' Brien uses Gibson and he doesn't play heavy rock.

I's all down to personal preference, I personally find Les Pauls too heavy, weight wise for me, I don't like how they sound as much and to tell the truth I don't like them aestheticlly either, they don't feel natural to play for me, that's not to say I don't respect them, I do but I wouldn't spend my money on one.

Richard, I already asked something and you don't ever take the time to check previous pages, so I'll ask something new.

WTF IS BETTER. Russian history or american?

American history is great!

and russians should be ashamed of almost every moment of their history.

Insatiable totalitarian bastards:whip:

I like history a lot, especially history of architecture. I had a great professor for that.

My favourite periods are Gothic and Renaissance, they were amazing. I also like some of the older Roman and Greek archie.

Political wise, I like the world wars and some of the stuff related to Jordan.

My favourite architecture period is baroque. I find it to be the most beautiful building style ever conceived.

I actually find colonial history boring, that's the period I always skip about Mexico, with more reason on USA :P

And yeah French Revolution is one of the most important events in history.

haha. i find it so interesting. just thinking about what happened hundreds of years ago is so similar to what is going on today. all the wars, the literature, the laws, the way we govern, it's just so exhilarating!! the only subject i love more than history is math <3

lol i thought you had a horrible teacher or something

• 1 month later...