✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

4-Mar-2010: Parque Simon Bolivar, Bogota, Colombia - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry we couldn't update.. Neither of our phones were working :( the show was spectacular. Before the show there was soo much chaos tho. We're currently at McD's and haven't been able to get on a computer but I promise to type in a good review afterwards.

Oh we talked to Bash, Andy and Wayne who were really really nice and we got guitar pics. I'll be back tomorrow to update. Love ya guys!

So sorry we couldn't update.. Neither of our phones were working :( the show was spectacular. Before the show there was soo much chaos tho. We're currently at McD's and haven't been able to get on a computer but I promise to type in a good review afterwards.

Oh we talked to Bash, Andy and Wayne who were really really nice and we got guitar pics. I'll be back tomorrow to update. Love ya guys!

Great!! :dance: Can't wait to read your review :dance:

First post updated with some vids. This is a good one :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYprAYl77Uk]YouTube- Coldplay | In My Place | Bogotá COLOMBIA | 04.MAR.2010 | Parque Simón Bolívar[/ame]

as is:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEhE462IlnA]YouTube- Coldplay en Bogotá: Shock - El Espectador[/ame]

and:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt95sSMOZGg]YouTube- Coldplay en Bogotá II parte Shock - El Espectador[/ame]

Coldplay over Bogotá

Coldplay_Viva_La_Vida_Tour_in_Hannover_August_25th_2009.jpg

More than 32 thousand persons participated in the concert of the British alternative rock band Coldplay in the Simon Bolívar Square of Bogotá the night of March 4. Buenas noches parceros! was the greeting of vocalist Chris Martin, and it was enough to gain the appreciation of their Colombian fans. The Londoners created an alternative rock band in 1997 made by Chris Martin, the lead vocals, keyboards and guitar; Jonny Buckland, the lead guitar; Guy Berryman, the bas guitar and Will Champion, drums, backing vocals and other instruments. They became popular in Colombia with albums like Viva la Vida (Long Life Live) or Death and All His Friends of 2008, a production of Brian Eno.

Other is LeftRightLeftRightLeft, a collection of their live concerts in already 25 countries. It was the first time that the popular band performs in Colombia and the night was a success either for the British artists or for the big group of fans that follows the lyrics of songs like Viva la Vida when Martin signs I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing, Roman Calvary choirs are singing, Be a mirror, my sword and shield, My missionaries in a foreign field…

The visitors were accompanied by the Paisa rock band Estados Alterados that made also a great night of acclamations and the also British Bat For Lashes (her real name is Natasha Khan, 29 years old), who debuted in Colombia with her album Two Suns (2006).

http://colombiapassport.com/2010/03/05/coldplay-over-bogota/

----

The British Coldplay optimism spread to Bogota after a chaotic strike

The British band Coldplay won, passing through Bogota, contagious optimism with its "Live life to citizens who have forgotten the capital for nearly two hours Concert chaos in the city caused by the transit strike.

The London quartet came to the Colombian capital in full collapse after four days of riots and traffic jams caused by a transport strike, which did not stop thousands of people were displaced to Simón Bolívar Metropolitan Park. The rock intimate rendezvous with increasingly pompous and the group took about fifteen minutes, but enlivened the local band hopes Medellin Altered States and Britain and opening act on the tour, "Viva la vida" in Latin America, Bat for Lashes. Coldplay, for the first time in Colombia after thirteen years of musical history, pulled together with a slight rain that was dispelled as the band plays the instrumental "Life in Technicolor." Frontman Chris Martin made a show his usual empathy with the audience with, "Good night parceros (partners)!" who led a series of winks to colloquial speech in Colombia as "Is everything cool back there?" or "Bacano! (good)." interaction with the audience was not there, but, as has become tradition on its tour of at least 25 countries, Martin danced, jumped and even starred in number of leaks to disappear from the main stage to resurface later in the center of a platform with the rest of the band and new instruments.

He highlighted yellow balloons rain when the band played the theme "Yellow" from their debut album "Parachutes", one of the most chanted and held by the public along with "Fix You", the third album called "X & Y", which also included a bunch of fireworks behind the scenes. Later, and are the classic "Singing in the rain", the quartet paraded around the room until you reach another platform closest yet to the public, where he played the song "Shiver". The story of the night came when Martin sat at the piano and an oversight prevented him to complete the solo song "Postcards from far away", so he apologized, tried again and finally went to the next song. With "Viva la vida" Coldplay reached its highest point with the choruses sublime gust hearing , almost in unison raised their cameras and mobile phones to immortalize the moment. Coldplay closed its nearly two hour concert with an encore of "The Scientist" and "Life in Technicolor II", during which he covered much of concert hall Simón Bolívar park with a blanket of paper butterflies. The band, who in recent days he played in Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo will travel after its passage through Bogota to Mexico City, Guadalajara and will and Monterrey (Mexico).

http://mexico.americaenews.com/entertainment/the-british-coldplay-optimism-spread-to-bogota-after-a-chaotic-strike/

ColdPlay rattled to 40 thousand Bogota

The Attendees enjoyed the great successes of Londoners who showed a large-scale spectacle, typical of the best bands in the world.

Huge balloons suspended in the air and illuminated with inscriptions of "Viva la Vida 'and references to the album cover were the gadgets that the band use in tarimadel Parque Simón Bolívar.

Although the concert started at 8:45 pm, from early morning a group of young people flocked to the gates of the Park Event Square, despite the transport strike that plunged the ciudfad.

Speaking to Radio Santa Fe, several of the followers of this London group stated their excitement at the spectacle for which they paid tickets ranging between 120 and 305 thousand dollars or so.

"I live nearby and so arrive early, I came walking up here, because a band Coldplay is very important," said one fan of the group.

The asitentes are able to enjoy the songs that are already considered classics, like Lost ',' Death and All of His Friends' and almost start when the concert came the song 'Viva la vida' which sparked the euphoria and began to vibrate the floor of the park.

The English quartet led by Chris Martin, also played some of their more memorable, chorused by the public as 'The Scientist', 'Fix You', 'Clocks' or 'Yellow'.

The best of the show were the many surprises and special effects that enlivened the concert and with the band gained a hearing for a week endured a city without public transportation, but patiently waited until the final hour.

(With information from Terra - Santa Fe)

http://www.radiosantafe.com/2010/03/05/coldplay-hizo-vibrar-a-40-mil-bogotanos/

Did anyone notice if there were ticket scalpers outside the venues of any of the recent shows? I know someone who is going to Guadalajara in hopes of running into a ticket scalper before the show. If he doesn't find one, then that means it would be a waste in terms of the airplane ticket. :\ I'm just curious what his chances are...