✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Green Eyes Meaning

theColdplayer

I also believe it was written for Jonny and a "friend"(/I always heard it was a girlfriend, so I'll stick to that) (and me. :P I was about 8 back then. :lol:). :)

And what enfforces my theory is that Guy dont like to play it live, as this vid shows us.

He most be secrety jelous bc Chris didnt wrote a soong for him...

Poor Guy... :hug::guy:

I've never seen this before! :stunned: Aww, why did Guy leave? He must have been upset. :(

From what I've read it's an American friend he clearly had a crush on, but it all went wrong and that's why he now doesn't like to sing it anymore, saying it's like pulling on a pair of old trousers.

That makes sense to me, and anyone else who've been rejected in the love department before.

That's probably all of us.

My own experience and this made me think: "Doesn't it happen oftener that you have a crush on someone who doesn't feel the same / rejects you than that two people from early on have a natural romantic connection/chemestry (you know what I mean) as you see in films?" Or is it just Chris and I (and a lot of other people) who are unlucky?

[/random "off topic"]

When I saw them in Pittsburgh, I was in the first row at the c-stage and when Chris sang Green Eyes, he looked at Jonny and was giving him googly eyes and said "My green eyes" when he looked at him and Jonny was laughing...so I yelled to my mom, who was beside me, "He's doing that because Jonny has green eyes!" Chris totally heard me and told Jonny right after the song and they started laughing...and I definitely have a picture of it. :D
Awesome! Post the picture, please! :nice:

so maybe he had a date :P

That would be so unprofessional.

• 8 months later...