✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Johnny Cash...

Chrissy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome...so I did some reasearch. Cash released an album before he died entitled, American IV: The Man Comes Around where he covers several other artists songs including the Beatles, Sting, NIN, and the Eagles, and then some original songs by himself. It sounds really good. I might just get it.

NIN aint shit buddy,trent reznor has written some beutiful tunes ( most of them very depressive but still) Johnny cash felt this song represented the way his life was so he did that amazing cover, he made that song his own but there's no need to diss Nin or Cash or whatever.

Ps. Chris ( coldplay ) should've never played hurt live, he killed this song :sick:

I'm not Trent Reznor. He can like it if he wants. I think it's awful. I think his voice terrible in it. It's so droning. I think it's well crap.

P.S. The Beatles suck.

I suppose you love 50 Cent and all that other crap rap and R&B shit.

Hahaha. Where on earth did that come from? I don't think I've ever mentioned anything about rap on this board before. It also makes you look very ignorant when you lump all rap and R & B into the same category as 50 Cent. And lumping Nine Inch Nails into that category, which is what you seem to being doing, is beyond moronic. Bravo. *golf clap*

Some people like the cover he did, I don't. I'm pretty sure I should be allowed express my opinion on that without being attacked. I didn't tell people not to like it. I just happen to think it sucks.

• 5 months later...

Johnny Cash Album Hits Top 37 years On

_41452252_cashbbc_203.jpg

Late country legend Johnny Cash has topped the US album chart for the first time in 37 years.

A total of 88,000 copies of American V: A Hundred Highways were sold in its first week of release, according to music magazine Billboard. The album is Cash's first to reach the number one spot since the 1969 album Johnny Cash at San Quentin.

It features material Cash was working on in the months leading up to his death in September 2003.

Cash also tops the country album chart, knocking the Dixie Chicks' Taking the Long Way to number two after seven weeks on top.

In 1957, Cash became the first artist to release a full album on the influential Sun record label, ahead of Elvis Presley.

Singing in a gruff, baritone voice, he went on to have hits in the 1960s with Ring of Fire and A Boy Named Sue.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk