✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Dec-2009: Exeter Castle, Exeter, UK - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You beat me to it! Was just going to come here and share these with you guys. I think I may be the 'girl with the big camera' Scientist311 was referring to a few pages back. It's only an old, basic Canon and I'm strictly an amateur, but I'm quite pleased with a few of the shots - a clear view would've been good as I've had to do quite a lot of cropping and still have lots of overexposed heads in most of my pictures, but I'm afraid I wouldn't have queued in the cold for 7 hours to get to the barrier (even if it did mean meeting Chris and Guy)!

I'm also the 'Becky from Exeter' in yesterday's 'Exeter Coldplay concert hailed by fans', though in a classic piece of local paper reporting, they actually took my comment out of context and without asking permission, from what was supposed to be an anonymous post on their website, responding to some idiots in Exeter who wouldn't know a good thing if it smacked them in the face - somehow, in spite of petty sniping from a few, it's turned into 'Reaction to the performance has been universally positive' - still, Chris says he likes the Echo and I do agree that it was a fantastic gig, so I'll let the minor factual inaccuracy go.

loveintechnicolor - were you the guys from Sussex in front of us in the queue with your parents? Did you get a copy of the paper sorted? If not, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

It was a truly fantastic gig and I feel very privileged to have been there. :-) You all seem like a pretty cool bunch of people too - maybe I'll see some of you again some day...

Becky

Yes you are! Hurray. :cool: Thank you very much for sharing them, and I'm sorry if my coats behind you got in the way or if I at any time nudged you with my awkward but decently sized handbag!

(I took some very good dark photos of the back of your head with my rubbish disposable camera if you're interested!! :laugh3:)

Hey guys, thanks very much, glad you like the pics - feel free to download any you want. Very impressed with some of the videos on Youtube - I tried a couple of bits on my small camera but they came out pretty rubbish.

Yes you are! Hurray. :cool: Thank you very much for sharing them, and I'm sorry if my coats behind you got in the way or if I at any time nudged you with my awkward but decently sized handbag!

No worries, can't say I noticed anything much behind - I was too busy watching the guys being incredible - hope I didn't block your view too much.

(I took some very good dark photos of the back of your head with my rubbish disposable camera if you're interested!! :laugh3:)

:laugh3: I saw a bit of it in your IMP video!

I'm also the 'Becky from Exeter' in yesterday's 'Exeter Coldplay concert hailed by fans', though in a classic piece of local paper reporting, they actually took my comment out of context and without asking permission, from what was supposed to be an anonymous post on their website, responding to some idiots in Exeter who wouldn't know a good thing if it smacked them in the face - somehow, in spite of petty sniping from a few, it's turned into 'Reaction to the performance has been universally positive' - still, Chris says he likes the Echo and I do agree that it was a fantastic gig, so I'll let the minor factual inaccuracy go.
From reading the Echo online these past few days they do seem to attract a lot of "banter" in the comments sections for most (if not all) the articles!

Beckyxrx No worries, can't say I noticed anything much behind - I was too busy watching the guys being incredible - hope I didn't block your view too much.

Not a bit, I was guarding my spot like hawk as I had a good view from Johnny to Chris's piano, your head was in the gap between the piano and Guy!

Most of the back of head shots were taken trying to keep up with Mr Martin on that side of the stage and failing!! (I'm hoping to get a digital camera for Christmas so next time I want to film something it doesn't come out so blurry!)

• 4 months later...