✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Dec-2009: Exeter Castle, Exeter, UK - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

mencaplogo.jpgChristmas show in Exeter for Mencap announced

December 2, 2009 10:00 am

Coldplay to appear with Lily Allen and La Roux

We're very pleased to report that Coldplay will play an extremely special show in Exeter on Saturday, 19th December, as part of Mencap's new Big Noise Session. Also playing are Lily Allen and La Roux. The show will mark a homecoming for Chris, who was born-and-bred in Exeter.

The stunning Exeter Castle will serve as a backdrop for this unique event, which will be staged inside a marquee transformed into a Christmas winter wonderland. It will be in this festive, intimate setting that La Roux, Lily Allen and Coldplay will perform unique, stripped-back sets.

Tickets for the show will cost £50, with all proceeds going to Mencap's amazing work with those with learning difficulties in the UK. Just 500 tickets will be available.

The first batch of pre-sale tickets will be made available on Tuesday, 8th December to paying subscribers on the Little Noise Sessions website at www.littlenoisesessions.org.uk (subscription costs £6 and also gains you access to Little Noise Sessions videos, Jo Whiley blog, gallery etc).

The next batch of tickets will be sold in person at HMV Exeter on Thursday, 10th December at 8am.

The final batch of tickets will be put on general sale on Friday, 11th December via www.littlenoisesessions.org.uk and www.hmv.com.

Says Chris Martin: "I don't think there could be a better way to end the decade... La Roux, Lily Allen, Jo Whiley - what more can you ask for? We're proud to support Mencap and, for me, it's exciting to play my hometown. We haven't played there since 2000. It's going to be really, really special."

Says Radio 1 DJ Jo Whiley (who is behind the Little Noise Sessions): "This gig has all the right ingredients... a beautiful location, Christmas spirit, one of the best bands in the world and special friends all in an intimate setting. Add mulled wine, mistletoe, candles and carols and this will be the ultimate winter warmer. I couldn't be more thrilled that Coldplay, Lily and La Roux want to make a big festive Noise for Mencap."

Anchorman

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Who's Going?

Axe

Fran_rey

Gazdav91

Hogy

Iriden

Jayzo

karenc

loveintechnicolor

mathieu_c

Mimixxx

politik*

Redgirl76

sharp-boy

tilly-uk

Tonsu

veroken

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bomb: Would be awesome to be able to be there.

£50 for the ticket, £50 for the train from London (yes, I looked that up :uhoh:)... + flight and hotel costs = impossible :bigcry:

Coverage from this gig will better be gooooooood.

Anyone here intending to try to go there?

^ I hope you'll get your tickets! Will be great to hear the story from a Coldplayer afterwards :)

I do think it's gonna be hard to get tickets, coz there are only 500 available. And they put it on their website so many people will know about it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I am so so so upset about the timing of this. I will be on a train from London back home to Cornwall, actually going through Exeter on that day but can't go as my son is flying to Finland the next day and I have to get him home and sorted etc. I also can't take a suitcase to the gig.

I think tickets will be nigh on impossible to get too. 500 only and lots of those will already be spoken for.

I hope this is not the only "homecoming gig" that Chris intends to do down here. :(

I also hope that if anyone does get a ticket they take lots of pics and vids for us poor souls.

I will try to get tickets as well .... if I end up with tix, everything else will be sorted afterwards ;)

:) Sorry! From the official site:

CAN I APPLY FOR TICKETS IF I'M NOT A UK RESIDENT?

No. Unfortunately, these tickets are only available to UK residents.

:) Sorry! From the official site:

:

Quote:CAN I APPLY FOR TICKETS IF I'M NOT A UK RESIDENT?

No. Unfortunately, these tickets are only available to UK residents.

somehow sadistically this lessens the pain, i wish everyone here luck!

Exactly ... ;)

The pity is, now my friend has to try the best to get tickets. If we end up with tix I hope I will still be getting a reasonable flight ... :confused:

I really hope many Coldplayers get the chance to get some tickets. Exeter is quite a way for most people as it's so far down to the south ... :(