✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Dec-2009: Exeter Castle, Exeter, UK - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're all confusing the Plymouth Herald/Exeter Echo offices - I just rang the previous issues department (via http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk - contact us) asking if they know where I can get a copy and she said she had some to collect from the Derriford HQ, handy, as I work at the hospital up the hill! But said 'ooh, lots of people have rung wanting the Echo today, very strange' then I explained.

I think sales will go up by quite a bit today :)

Hey again everyone :D

Still feel somewhat exhausted today, my brain was totally fried by Saturday night. :lol:

Been reading everyone's posts from the gig, Chris - your pictures made me literally :shocked2: They're frikkin FANTASTIC. Woww, you should be proud. I think I'll end up printing some of those out and putting them on my wall. :D And I'm so glad there's so much video from you guys at the front too as I didn't get everything, was too busy having a good time. ;)

OMG the Exeter Echo newspaper is out today then?? Me and my brother were near enough to the front of the line to have our picture taken by the journalist, he said the photos would hopefully be in this weeks paper. The couple next to us who had travelled all the way from Barcelona had theirs taken too, I hope they get a mention. :nice: Oh how I'd love to get a copy of it... unfortunately I'm too far away from Devon. :( If anyone possibly has a copy that they could photograph for me I would be sooooo grateful to you!! I'm hoping all the stuff will appear online later as there's already a little piece up *fingers crossed* - but to have a copy to keep would be amazing.... If anyone happens to have a spare one, I'd pay for the postage. :D

I've just uploaded my first two vids to Youtube, DL everything's taking a long time as they're high quality.

War Is Over for the second and final encore: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XpdXK0jEro]clicky here[/ame]

Really pleased with the quality all though I did ended pointing the camera at the floor for several seconds so sorry about that. :P

And Strawberry Swing in full with some Chris/Jonny awesomeness:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Hope you enjoy them :D

Chris yodelling:

Chris banter:

Hahaha, these two moments were great. I felt so sorry for Chris at the end of 42, he was already so exhausted and out of breath, his comment about needing to get down to the local fitness club... lolol. :laugh3: The yodelling part was hilarious, I remember all of us were making as much noise as we could back at Chris and stamping our feet and he just kept asking for more. The noise he made at the end made us all giggle. :lol: He's so cute in such a dorky way. :heart:

Some other moments I loved:

Jonny messing up playing DAAHF when he missed his queue - Chris totally told him off, calling it a "royal f*** up" :lol: Jonny was just laughing and the crowd ended up cheering support for him which Chris responded to by saying how this is why he's the greatest guitarist in the world - "people love him even when he plays no chords" :laugh3: Awwwweee... :heart:

The guys all leaving the main stage and going to the back of the tent to the little c-stage. "Billie Jean" was just one big sing along, I couldn't see very much but I loved Will joining in the vocals like at Wembley, so funny when they changed the lines to "she thinks Will is the one" "but he used protection..." (:laugh3:) and Chris's MJ-esque high pitched noises were all copied by the crowd. :D

Will sung "Death will never conquer" beautifully and it was so nice to hear some of the proper fans singing the lyrics with him (:heart:). The most touching performance of the evening for me was definitely Chris's solo acoustic performance of "Till Kingdom Come"... the rest of the boys left Chris and went back to the front stage. Chris dedicating it to his dad and saying thankyou was so sweet, all their family and friends were literally just behind them and I could see Chris's dad next to Jo Whiley. I wanted to cry at this point, Chris sung TKC straight from the heart. I've got vid for most of it which I'm uploading, will be up later hopefully.

I didn't get many good pics as my video recorder camera is a crappy 4 megapixels :bomb: But I did get one half decent shot of Chris and Jonny... :nice:

dsc00244r.jpg

I'm finally back home and my little odyssey is now over. There has been a moment on friday, when I really tought I was not going to make it because of all the flight cancellations both in the UK and Italy, plus a friend of mine told me Turin airport (where I was leaving from after three days of work out of office) was famous for not being that reliable in winter time and it had started snowing that day. Thankfully everything worked out fine tough the train from Bristol to Exeter was 1 hour late.

Haven't read the thread yet, but I'm sure I'm late to add anything interesting to what must have already been said.

I need to thank my three italian mates (also for saving the spot in the first row), and Graham and Gareth for being so kind and accompany me to the hotel after waiting for the band (and I hope I got the names right :P)

First pics coming from me

willa.jpg

chrisc.jpg

guyz.jpg

jonnyl.jpg

OMG what a day yesterday was!!!

I was one of the people lucky enough to meet Chris and Guy before the gig and never in my wildest dreams did I think I would get that chance. I still can't quite believe it's happened now.

A mention should go to Chris, Mich and Alison who made queueing in the cold much more interesting!! Also Carol, was great to meet you too hun!

Right, so we had been queueing for maybe about an hour and a half, when Chris's dad starts walking down towars us from the castle then we realise Chris is walking next to him!!! He was walking past where we were so he stopped and chatted to us for a bit.

He was really concerned about everyone keeping warm, I think at one point he said he didn't want anyone to die lol!! Bless him, he was lovely! I asked him if there was any chance they'd play Shiver and he said no. So I said what about if I told him I had camped outside HMV for 2 days for my tickets and he said that was crazy and deserved a mention on stage but they still wouldn't play Shiver. Then he said that Guy doesn't like to play it anymore and he also said they just can't play the song the way they used to for some reason :rolleyes:

Anyway, he had a picture taken with us four plus the two Italian guys, one of whom I think is Axe on this forum. :D

Then later on Guy arrived, he drove himself there so he gave us a little wave as he drove past us on the way in and then when he had parked his car he came over to say hello and signed some autographs, which I got and I also had a pic taken with Guy. He was also asked about Shiver and said they wouldn't play it. He also said they would probably be really rusty in the gig and I said I doubted that and he replied that he was glad someone had some confidence :D

Then a bit later Chris came back and that's when I got his autograph. He was in a rush so mine was the last autograph he did.

Now onto the gig (apologies if I'm rambling :laugh3:)

Our queueing up paid off and of course we got front row, so there was at least 5 Coldplayers on the barrier!!! :dance: I coudn't believe how tiny the marquee was and how close I was going to be to the stage when the guys came on.

It was practically a Viva set but the order was changed and they started with Chris singing Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas before they launched straight into Clocks. I know someone posted the setlist already so I won't try and remember it :laugh4:

After the first three songs (clock, In My Place and Yellow) my throat was already going from the singing etc, not that I'm complaining. To see the band in that small a venue and to be front row and have them performing so close in front of me was amazing!! They still managed to sueeze a c stage in at the back and did Death Will Never Conquer, Billie Jean and Til Kingdom Come. All of which were fab!! 42, Strawberry Swing and Viva were also awesome. I got one of Chris's drumsticks that he threw into the crowd... well Chris (Jayzo) caught it and gave it to me, so to him I am so thankful, he's a legend and we're lucky to have him on this forum!!!

I think I'm going to stop rambling now and just finish off by saying that yesterday was THE most surreal day ever and it's one that I won't forget for a very long time!!!

(omg sorry about the length of this post :laugh3: )

karen you have a pm.

anyway it was absolutely fantastic..going there from italy was such an effort, but it will be unforgettable.

these are three italian guys, the one at chris's right is me, with will's drumstick in a hand and with the other and on chris's shoulder :D

img3823p.jpg

Hahaha, that pic is awesome Axe! :lol:

Ahhh, thank you so much to everyone who was there and have come back to share all your goodies!!! :wacky: This gig seems like it was a truly special event, so all the pics and vids and your stories are greatly appreciated, I'm still going through some vids, but I just wanted to thank you all :kiss:

Oh and just for the record...

Edit: Guy pic (thanks Chris :D)

me_mich_guy.jpg

I hate you both :snobby: :P

DWNC and Billie Jean (this is really poor quality as I had to hold the camera up high and my arms got tired. Here it is anyway :P)

:laugh4: The second half I shot was a lot worse.

...and yes Chris (Jayzo) they used your homecoming quote :rolleyes: :laugh3:

Best. Day. EVER.

:P