✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

VOTE CHRIS AS HOTTEST MALE

In a telescope lens

I'm voting! I'm voting! I'm voting! I'm voting!

I like the inspiration. :sweatdrop: :wink3: :sneaky: :sweatdrop: :wacky: :D

ROBERT PATTISON HAS A HIGHER SCORE THAN CHRISSY!!! :sick: :sick: :sick:

How can he even be on the voting list, he's not in a band? :confused:

We all know Chris is the most beautiful man alive, and that's all we need. :heart:

Yes. :heart:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to you ladies, but you know that people hack in to sites like these and alter the votes. It's incredibly unfair, but I just wouldn't get your hopes up. :shrug:

We all know Chris is the most beautiful man alive, and that's all we need. :heart:

My brother is a computer genius ...

I'll ask if he could do something :sneaky:

Chris Martin should really be the first !

QUESTION, as I was voting, I noticed scrolloing around this site a Chris Martin??? Is this a DJ or our Boy? Don't laugh, I didn't know, I would assume it's a DJ, but had to ask.

What's The Greatest Song Intro Ever?

By Chris MartinPosted on 26/01/10 at 03:22:33 pm

Alright, it's Chris Martin here from the NME Radio Evening Show (Mon - Fri 7pm). I've been a busy boy recently, chatting to The Maccabees and announcing the NME Awards Shortlists last week and lining up an interview for this week with Japanese Voyeurs, probably the greatest pretenders to the Hole crown Britain has produced. But darker, if you can imagine that.

I played a track on the show the other night which never fails to reduce me to a quivering ball of barely contained fury and excitement before detonating and sending me bouncing off the studio walls. It's possibly the greatest intro to any song ever. In fact I'll be bold and say it DEFINITELY is. Have a listen:

It's the sheer apocalyptic lupine growl of those opening three chords that does it. It got me thinking, "Can this be beaten?", which was swiftly followed by "I know, I'll ask the good people of the blogs". Add your suggestions for Greatest Intro Ever below. Here's another of my faves, The Clash's 'The Guns Of Brixton'. Paul Simonon gets right in with one of the darkest yet most infectious bass lines ever.

It's so simple but insanely effective. Eventually, after a bit of creative sampling from Norman Cook, it got to number 1. In fact any bass-led Clash song's pretty amazing, particularly 'Magnificent Seven'. My final choice for best intro would be the delicately haunting guitars at the start of this: