✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin at Evening Standard Film Awards

Mimixxx

Anne-Marie Duff 'blown away' by Evening Standard Film Award

Anne-Marie Duff and Andy Serkis led the winners at the London Evening Standard British Film Awards for their work in two films inspired by pop.

Duff, 39, was named best actress for playing John Lennon's volatile mother in Sam Taylor-Wood's Nowhere Boy. Accepting the prize, she sent her love to husband James McAvoy.

duffmcavoy500.jpg

“I'd really like to be Mrs McAvoy for a minute and say thank you for seriously having to live with a flame-haired broken hearted banjo player,” she said, referring to her role as Julia Lennon.

“Thank you for your support and always allowing me to take my work far too seriously, which I do.”

Serkis, 45, won best actor for his uncanny depiction of Ian Dury in Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll. Before accepting his award Serkis threw himself down the stairs, as actresses, including Duff, had tripped when taking to the stage.

“F***, I really hurt myself, all in the name of art,” he said, and dedicated his award to Dury: “Ian wherever you are, this is for you.

andyserkis500.jpg

Andy Serkis scooped the Best Actor title for his role as Ian Dury in Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll

At the awards, run in association with the London Film Museum, winners were cheered by stars including Eva Green, David Morrissey, Jenny Agutter, Jaime Winstone and Steve Coogan — as well as Gordon Brown's wife Sarah.

British cinema's rock'n'roll year celebrated in Evening Standard Film Awards

Fish Tank, Andrea Arnold's tale of a teenager on an Essex council estate, was named best film. Arnold, who lives in Greenwich, said: “I'm a Londoner so for ages I would read the reviews in the Standard and never think of reading my name.

Political satire In the Loop scooped best screenplay for a team led by Armando Iannucci.

And Terry Gilliam presented Sacha Baron Cohen with the comedy award for Brüno, saying: “If comedy is going to be useful, I think it should offend.”

sachabaro500.jpg

Cohen said that while in his role as the Austrian fashion reporter, he had been chased through Jerusalem by angry Hasids, spent time in a cell in Milan, faced angry rednecks in Arkansas and simulated sex with a short Filipino man. “So I think I deserve this.”

Coldplay's Chris Martin presented Sacha Gervasi with best documentary prize for Anvil!, which recorded the trials of a Canadian heavy metal band.

chrismartin500.jpg

And Nicolas Roeg, 81, took the Alexander Walker special award. Fellow directors including Stephen Daldry and Paul Greengrass applauded as Roeg asked for it to be a “half-life-time achievement” so he could make more films.

jamie-alfie500.jpg

THE WINNERS

:: Best film

Fish Tank

:: Best actor

Andy Serkis - Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll

:: Best actress

Anne-Marie Duff - Nowhere Boy

:: London Film Museum award for technical achievement

Barry Ackroyd cinematographer - The Hurt Locker

:: Best screenplay

Jesse Armstrong/Simon Blackwell/Armando Iannucci/Tony Roche - In the Loop

:: Most promising newcomer

Peter Strickland for his direction and screenplay of Katalin Varga

:: Peter Sellers award for comedy

Sacha Baron Cohen - Bruno

:: Best documentary

Anvil! The Story of Anvil - Sacha Gervasi

:: Alexander Walker special award

Nicolas Roeg for his contribution to film

There's a video here too: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23803582-anne-marie-duff-blown-away-by-evening-standard-film-award.do

And some more pics:

96499522.jpg

96499478.jpg

96499455.jpg

96499448.jpg

:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

Chris is sung Frankenstein

EYE, eye! It's COLDPLAY's CHRIS MARTIN doing his very best impression of bug-eyed Igor from classic Seventies movie Young Frankenstein.

nkensteing_180x250_983930a.jpg

Lab fab ... Marty Feldman in film

SNN1023TT-280_983740a.jpg

Quite Frankly ... Chris Martin in Igor pose

The hooded singer, 32 - whose band had hits with The Scientist and Fix You - looked like a double of comedy star MARTY FELDMAN in the bizarre get-up.

Chris - married to Hollywood star GWYNETH PALTROW - was at the British Film Awards in London to present a gong for the best documentary to director SACHA GERVASI for his movie Anvil!

The rock star resumes his band's world tour in Argentina this month - as frontman, not Feldman!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2846961/Chris-Martin-looks-like-Igor-from-Young-Frankenstein.html#ixzz0f78PnHnz

EYE, eye! It's COLDPLAY's CHRIS MARTIN doing his very best impression of bug-eyed Igor from classic Seventies movie Young Frankenstein.

The hooded singer, 32 - whose band had hits with The Scientist and Fix You - looked like a double of comedy star MARTY FELDMAN in the bizarre get-up.

Chris - married to Hollywood star GWYNETH PALTROW - was at the British Film Awards in London to present a gong for the best documentary to director SACHA GERVASI for his movie Anvil!

The rock star resumes his band's world tour in Argentina this month - as frontman, not Feldman!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2846961/Chris-Martin-looks-like-Igor-from-Young-Frankenstein.html#ixzz0f78PnHnz

:lol:

Gorgeous!!! :wacky: Just what I needed. :pleased:

Thanks Mich. :kiss:

:stunned: :lol: