✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice, which side are you on?

Dfit00

An opposing debate to warm up the lounge.

Are you in favor of abortion by a woman's decision to decide for herself to do it? (Pro-Choice)

Or are you against abortion and in favor to the right of life? (Pro-Life)

Give your reasons.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a very touchy subject.

I think that women have the right to make their own decisions especially since it's their own body, and they should be able to do what they like to it.

At the same time I don't think that women should have abortions simply because they were too lazy or not careful enough to use protection.

I can't really say what side I'm on. Like I said I think women should have the right to make their own choice, but at the same time it's destroying a possible human life. I guess overall I'm more sided towards pro-choice

I'm personally Pro-Life. To me, from the moment of conception a person is a person and deserves the same rights those of us in "the real world" exercise. This is partially based on my religion, but I don't see how anyone would want to kill something that will be a beautiful addition to the world anyway. I read a great book that talked about this. :wacko:

I make words sound bad. :freak:

I think abortion is only okay in cases of rape/incest, or if the mother or baby's life is in danger.

I don't think it should be used as birth control.

It's not used as a birth control though, like I said it's a last resort.

But if you are not equipped to raise a child and it is not going to be raised in ideal conditions, why do it? You're potentially ruining your own life and giving the child a miserable life too.

When an abortion takes place it is genuinely a collection of cells, it doesn't resemble a human in the slightest, how can you kill what isn't alive?

But if you are not equipped to raise a child and it is not going to be raised in ideal conditions, why do it? You're potentially ruining your own life and giving the child a miserable life too.

When an abortion takes place it is genuinely a collection of cells, it doesn't resemble a human in the slightest, how can you kill what isn't alive?

The majority of abortions in the US are used as a birth control.

Why women have abortions

1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest; 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems regarding either the mother or child, and 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconvenient).

http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html

If they don't want the child, they don't have to keep it; they can give it up for adoption.

I believe that life starts at conception, that's why I'm against it.

I don't think it's the resemblance that get's to people, it's the eventuality that those cells will soon by a living breathing human.

Personally, as a foetus has absolutely no conception or consciousness of it's surrounding's or what life is, I don't see how it's any different then throwing away a condom full of sperm.

That said, if I was living with a long term partner and we were set up and everything, if she did accidentally get pregnant, I would want to keep it, even though I don't really even want kids. So I guess I'm not quite that relaxed about it if it affects me personally, but for other people to, it's completely up to them, nomatter what they're circumstances.

I have seen people that by just looking at their attitude and thinking, I'd say that they're pro-choice, but I've been mistaken many times, most of these people were pro-life when many of them had a car plate that said "Choose Life" with two little kids smiling on it.

Here's a pic of it

choose20life20florida20plates-718837.jpg

I'm personally Pro-Life. To me, from the moment of conception a person is a person and deserves the same rights those of us in "the real world" exercise. This is partially based on my religion, but I don't see how anyone would want to kill something that will be a beautiful addition to the world anyway. I read a great book that talked about this. :wacko:

I make words sound bad. :freak:

Not all people are "beautiful additions to the world." Case in point: Hitler.

With that being said, I'm pro-life for myself, but pro-choice for everyone else. I believe women should have the right to choose, but I personally wouldn't have an abortion.

I believe everyone should have a right to their own body. People should be allowed to use drugs, kill themselves or whatever they like to their own body. However when you have another human life involved that's when your freedoms should end.

What's life? When we start debating what "life" that generally leads to horrible atrocities in human history. Jews aren't really human so it's ok to murder them, Africans are less human so we can enslave them..... Life has different meaning to everyone. So how can we define life?

Isn't there a hint of irony in Pro-Lifers threatening and murdering doctors who perform abortions, or employees at abortion clinics. Something slightly hypocritical in citing 'Thou shalt not kill.' as motivation for promoting a Pro-Life stance whilst becoming a victim to collective amnesia when murdering doctors really damages their morally righteous stance.

Many girls I know, including my girlfriend wouldn't have an abortion but believe that everyone's situation is different and that everyone has the right to choose. What is the point in bringing a kid into the world who has no chance at a decent life?

Probably a little more controversial though, sterilisation of certain people would get the thumbs up from me.

Isn't there a hint of irony in Pro-Lifers threatening and murdering doctors who perform abortions, or employees at abortion clinics. Something slightly hypocritical in citing 'Thou shalt not kill.' as motivation for promoting a Pro-Life stance whilst becoming a victim to collective amnesia when murdering doctors really damages their morally righteous stance.

Many girls I know, including my girlfriend wouldn't have an abortion but believe that everyone's situation is different and that everyone has the right to choose. What is the point in bringing a kid into the world who has no chance at a decent life?

Probably a little more controversial though, sterilisation of certain people would get the thumbs up from me.

Vasectomy enthusiast.