✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice, which side are you on?

Dfit00

Pro-choice.

Because it just simply should be the mother's choice. Especially in instances of rape/sexual assault.

I agree with the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling of no restrictions in the first or second trimester, and states can have restrictions in the third trimester, as long as they allow it if it conflicts with the mother's health.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro-choice, it's my uterus, I'm going to do whatever I want with it and whatever parasites are living off me in it until a baby's basically crawling out of my vagina thanks. :nice:

There is usually at least one pregnant girl at a time at my school, eg, usually poor kids or Mexicans or whatever, it's so depressing to see them walking around because you know the kid's just going to be born into another overworked poor family or whatever. There's a gargantuan overpopulation crisis in the process of getting worse, etc etc etc.

Especially early into the term, the aborted baby is just a collection of cells that in no way resembles a baby anyway... in fact I would go so far to say as newborn babies, even, don't seem terribly alert and conscious of the world to me anyway, and you can't just draw a line of where consciousness starts anyway, so yeah, basically I think you should be able to do what you want with your uterus. Just condoms and pills are better.

I hate it when people say it's okay to have an abortion because the baby is just a "collection of cells." Such a lame argument. And to say that a baby is less than a human because it's not fully conscious is just sick.

And if you're stupid enough to get pregnant when you're not ready to have a baby, you should be able to deal with the consequences.

I hate it when people say it's okay to have an abortion because the baby is just a "collection of cells." Such a lame argument. And to say that a baby is less than a human because it's not fully conscious is just sick.

And if you're stupid enough to get pregnant when you're not ready to have a baby, you should be able to deal with the consequences.

It is though. I was ready to argue about it with people when I was talking about Blastocysts used in Stem Cell Research, they are not alive, they are just potential to be alive. It's like saying masturbation is genocide, imo.

This second paragraph disturbs me, think of the child. Sure the mother is an idiot, the father is an idiot, so why should a child have to be brought up in a world where it is not wanted and wont have the best foundations on which to start its life. It's selfish to go "it's your mistake, deal with it"

A baby isn't a punishment though! It isn't like "you made a stupid choice, now we're going to punish you by making you deal with the CONSEQUENCES of having a baby" -- how messed up is that?

As for the collection of cells argument, yeah it's human life, but the woman's nurturing it, it's basically sucking as much energy as it can get out of her, thinking she doesn't have the right to do what she wants with something that lives inside her own body sucking nutrients out of actually seems wrong to me. Sure it would one day turn into a conscious human being... but dude, certainly right after conception it isn't, and if you abort it it just... wouldn't develop. I just don't get the so called "PRO-LIFE" argument... if you don't want to abort your kid fine, but let other people do what they want with their lives. Banning abortions just would mean people would go to midwifes and get basically get old coathangers stuck up their uteruses for abortions anyway -- that's sick. I just never understood the whole argument surrounding this issue.

edit:

This second paragraph disturbs me, think of the child. Sure the mother is an idiot, the father is an idiot, so why should a child have to be brought up in a world where it is not wanted and wont have the best foundations on which to start its life. It's selfish to go "it's your mistake, deal with it"

Yeah that's what I meant, you don't use a baby as a way to punish idiots.

It is though. I was ready to argue about it with people when I was talking about Blastocysts used in Stem Cell Research, they are not alive, they are just potential to be alive. It's like saying masturbation is genocide, imo.

At what point do you think it's alive then?

Because by only the third week, the heart begins to form, as well as the kidneys, liver, intestines, central nervous system, backbone, and spinal cord. Doesn't sound like a bunch of random cells or goo to me.

And masturbation is not at all the same as conception.

I think it's selfish to end a life which you created. Why doesn't the child get a say in whether it wants to live or not? If the parents really cannot afford to have a baby, they should've been more careful. And adoption is a very viable option instead of having an abortion.

And to say that a baby is less than a human because it's not fully conscious is just sick.

It's not like it's half knocked out or a bit dizzy, a foetus at the early stage has no perception of what is happening and has never had a perception. To me, that isn't the beginning of any sort of 'life'. I don't see how this is sick.

A baby isn't a punishment though! It isn't like "you made a stupid choice, now we're going to punish you by making you deal with the CONSEQUENCES of having a baby" -- how messed up is that?

As for the collection of cells argument, yeah it's human life, but the woman's nurturing it, it's basically sucking as much energy as it can get out of her, thinking she doesn't have the right to do what she wants with something that lives inside her own body sucking nutrients out of actually seems wrong to me. Sure it would one day turn into a conscious human being... but dude, certainly right after conception it isn't, and if you abort it it just... wouldn't develop. I just don't get the so called "PRO-LIFE" argument... if you don't want to abort your kid fine, but let other people do what they want with their lives. Banning abortions just would mean people would go to midwifes and get basically get old coathangers stuck up their uteruses for abortions anyway -- that's sick. I just never understood the whole argument surrounding this issue.

edit:

Yeah that's what I meant, you don't use a baby as a way to punish idiots.

I didn't mean to make it sound like it's a punishment to have a baby, that wasn't my point at all. I just think it's so selfish to not give the baby a chance to live.

The way you make it sound like unborn children are parasites is just disgusting. It's how all human life starts, and I really don't see how we are less human when we are in the womb AT ALL.

I also don't think abortion should be banned, but I think it's wrong to use it as a birth control. That's my opinion, and I wouldn't stop someone else from getting an abortion if they think it's necessary.

It's not like it's half knocked out or a bit dizzy, a foetus at the early stage has no perception of what is happening and has never had a perception. To me, that isn't the beginning of any sort of 'life'. I don't see how this is sick.

Well yes I know at the early stages the fetus isn't conscious of anything, but she said something about newborns not being conscious and aware of anything. So should it be okay to kill newborns too?

Anyway I don't consider consciousness to be what makes a human a living thing.

Pro-Life.

I would never be able to live without feeling rubbish if I had an abortion.

But that's just something women choose, not that they have the right to kill a human being, but still..

Ah yes, I know several people think that it's just a bunch of cells, but well..

I'm being completely biological here, but cells are alive.

I'd be happy to see that this post went unnoticed :P cause I'm not in the mood of arguing and I'll probably forget I posted here.

I was just giving my opinion.

I'm pro-life because I think that women tend to abort for no reason really. Most of the time it's not necessary.. it's just a selfish decision, however I do believe that women should have the right to abort in case of rape or molestation.

In general though women should just take care of themselves to avoid it all.

I agree.

I am pro-life.

Think about the baby. It has a future. and killing that baby would be murder. who are you to take the life of the baby? all because the baby is in your womb and you have total control over the baby's life, doesn't make you God.

however, if it's that necessary, :

I think abortion is only okay in cases of rape/incest, or if the mother or baby's life is in danger.

I don't think it should be used as birth control.

that.

--

you know what, i'm too lazy to continue. i've got enough of debate these few days.

Well yes I know at the early stages the fetus isn't conscious of anything, but she said something about newborns not being conscious and aware of anything. So should it be okay to kill newborns too?

Of course not, that's a fully formed living child at that stage, no longer cells. I don't know what 'she' said or who 'she' is (that confused me) but I wasn't aware that newborns weren't conscious and aware of anything when they are born, they can choose where to look, whether they cry, they have a personality and I define that as the start of a 'life'. I don't consider cells, growing an collecting into a form that hasn't even developed to determine what type of human that child will be, as 'life'.

If cells are alive, then scratching your arm is murder.

like I said earlier also, masturbation is genocide.

I also lol'd at "incest" being a reason for abortion, that makes absolutely no sense to me, unless they accidentally have sex then they did it intentionally.

I really don't get how you can supposedly value life and then allow a child to be born into circumstances where it is not wanted, when an abortion takes place it is not a child, it is merely the potential to be a child.

So a girl who is 16, has no job, the father want anything to do with her, her single parent mother can barely afford to keep the 2 of them getting by. She, by your standards, would have to give birth to this child as she doesn't meet your crieteria for abortion. She can't afford to raise the child, the child wont have a proper upbringing and she's going to resent the child for taking over her life, it's a fucking terrible situation to be in. But she has to "deal with the consequences" just because she didn't have sex with her brother, it seems ridiculous to me.

I thought she meant 'incest' as a result of rape (At least I hope so) or maybe some idiot girl who fucked a relative and then came out with the truth and realised there's a higher chance that the baby will be born with a deformity (Not even that much higher of a chance though).

If that is the case and abortion is only ok because of the risk that incest brings to child birth, I don't understand the hardlining pro-choice ethos at all then. Because normal cells that will lead to a normal birth are fine and should be allowed in every circumstance, but damaged cells from incest that could lead to a person with down syndrome or a disability can be aborted because they aren't real people? That's what it sounds like.

To me the same rule would apply to a rapist if I was a hardline pro-lifer. There is nothing conclusive that a rapist is born with a part of their brain missing or with a mental imbalance, there's probably a stronger chance that something during their life affected them to act barbaric and a smaller chance that if it was down to the gene pool, it will be passed on.

What I'm saying is that if we're going to be all "Every foetus has a right to life and nobody can take that right" then there shouldn't be exceptions, because whether or not the mother was raped or had sex with her dad, she still shouldn't have that right to take life away. Which is entirely why I'm pro-choice.

Bringing up a child into environments which are harsh and horrible (In other words, a parent who knows they are unfit to raise a child) is just as much of a risk as deformity from incest or rape leading to mental instability within a child's brain. Adoption is an option but it's not feasible, there's enough children who go up for adoption and spend their life in and out of foster homes eventually not being classed as an independent adult (Not because there isn't enough couples who want to adopt, but it can be a really difficult process to prove they can raise a child and have their backgrounds checked). If all the women and young girls who get abortions every year were to send their child to adoption, foster homes would be over-run and the world's largest problem at the moment which there is no chance of fixing, over-population, would only get worse.