✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice, which side are you on?

Dfit00

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I am "that age" we are referring to, and I absolutely hate it when people never blame anyone our age for anything. It's always the fault of the family or they just act on impulse cause they're not mature enough yet. Bullshit. I'm a fucking human being who can think and make rational well-thought-out decisions and so is just about everyone I know around my age. There's no missing part of the brain that just makes us all hormonal freaks unable to stop having sex, we can think as good as anyone else.

I'm not saying that you personally are immature or whatever. I'm saying that a lot of people at that age make irrational decisions. I was talking about it w/ one of my friends how he thinks that driving age should be increased to and older age because medical studies prove that teens around 16-18, don't have their brains still fully developed.

I wouldn't put it that crudely of course. But in essence, I would sort of consider it to be their fault. If I had a kid that age or a sister and they were in this mess, I'd feel bad for them and support them but I would not support a decision to have an abortion.

Well first off it's not likely that birth control will fail if you use the right combination. But in this instance, if they want to be sure they don't want a baby, they can abstain for a little while. It's their choice. Being married isn't some title that automatically says you should be having loads of sex.

See I don't think you can really put any blame on anyone, except blame on the failure of the protection. I mean I just don't find it realistic that people are only going to have sex just to make a baby. Humans act upon impulses.

I see what you mean and I respect your opinion on the matter. I just have a different view on the topic. In each of the cases I wouldn't push anyone to make a decision on either side because it's not my place. I would have the person consider their options and the pros and cons of both decisions but I think that ultimately it is up to the woman to make the choice and no one else because it is her body.

I think it should down to personal choice. How can it be good for a child to be raised by parents that really don't want children? I don't think I'd have an abortion personally but you never know until you have to make the decision. I really wouldn't want a child at the moment (I'm not even sure if I want children) but I'd like to think that I'd get on with it somehow.

One of my best friends had an abortion last year. I remember discussing the topic with her a few months before she got pregnant when pro-lifers distributed leaflets in town. She then said she could never do it. But she changed her mind when she got pregnant because it would have been very difficult to raise a child in her situation. She didn't feel mature enough to have a child and her parents wouldn't have supported her.

I went to hospital with her when she took the second pill and I heard the nurses talk about another girl who started crying after taking the pill. Apparently she regretted it but there was no way back. Very sad indeed.

I think it's good that you're able to have an an abortion on the NHS but I don't think people should be able to do it straight after their scan (which you can in some cases) because it's such an important decision.

I didn't mean to make it sound like it's a punishment to have a baby, that wasn't my point at all. I just think it's so selfish to not give the baby a chance to live.

The way you make it sound like unborn children are parasites is just disgusting. It's how all human life starts, and I really don't see how we are less human when we are in the womb AT ALL.

I also don't think abortion should be banned, but I think it's wrong to use it as a birth control. That's my opinion, and I wouldn't stop someone else from getting an abortion if they think it's necessary.

Yeah well to be honest, babies are parasites... have you ever heard of ectopic pregnancies? The truth of the matter is one it's conceived the baby will do anything to keep itself alive, in some ectopic pregnancies (it's rare though) the baby falls through the uterus and lives off the food in the mother's stomach, even to the point of killing the mother -- let me tell you it is NOT pretty for the mother. Fetuses are basically parasites, babies essentially are parasites in utero, yes it is how human life starts but that's just how it is.

To me they are just so undeveloped, particularly early in the pregnancy -- they have no perception of the world, no understanding, thought, whatever you consider that makes people people. Yes it's cruel and harsh, but think of how overpopulated the world is and how shit most peoples' lives are anyway... abortions have to exist, in my opinion.

And another thing, the so-called "pro-choice" side of the argument is not even "ZOMG PRO ABORTION PRO MURDERRR" that so-called "pro-lifers" make it out to be... quite simply it is the belief that YOU make YOUR choice based on YOUR morals and let OTHER people make THEIR choices based on THEIR morals. Simple as that. "Pro-choice" is not telling other women what to do with their uterus, "pro-life" is almost always a personal thing, unless you're one of those hardcore idiots who kill abortion doctors.

Yeah my morals are pretty damn cruel by most standards, I realize most people tend to think of newborn babies as real people or what have you but I'm not saying everybody should get abortions or anything like that, just what I personally believe. Whereas a lot of pro-lifers I know (and I really know a LOT of them, almost my whole swim team is conservative and Catholic and utterly brainwashed by their parents) are in favor of FORCING people to not go through with abortions... which just boggles my mind.

And another thing, the so-called "pro-choice" side of the argument is not even "ZOMG PRO ABORTION PRO MURDERRR" that so-called "pro-lifers" make it out to be... quite simply it is the belief that YOU make YOUR choice based on YOUR morals and let OTHER people make THEIR choices based on THEIR morals. Simple as that.

First of all, pro-life needs a new name, what does that make everyone else? Pro-death? No wonder they're all riled up.

But yes, it is a good and simple point, we forget this, pro-choice isn't encouraging abortion it's simply saying that it should be there as an option.

On the other hand, ultimately as pro-lifers believe that it's totally immoral and it's murder and barbaric when they have the option of adoption etc. then they don't believe anyone should have the option of adoption as it is 'killing a human being'.

The pro-life opinion I haven't had a problem with is Heatseekers (Weird isn't it? I can't stand the kid). Although from a social viewpoint his beliefs are unreasonable and unworkable in modern society, but morally on his personal level, it makes sense. If you are responsible enough to have sex you should be aware of the outcomes, and he's right, everyone knows that there are no contraceptives that are 100% safe (Although the pill and the jab and 2 condoms and the morning after pill might do it).

On the other hand, is he nuts? No sex, like, evaaar?! For anyone? Unless we want to have children? And he's not religious? What the fuck?

I really can't get my head around that, and although it works for him morally, most of the world and our fairly sex obsessed culture will never abide to this. It's just not a solution, and in the middle of a reasonable debate about abortion it seems too far out of this world.

This is one of those subjects where I get mad at both extremes.

I saw a guy holding up a sign at the main intersection of my tiny ass town today with a anti-abortion sign and a picture of a baby decapitated.

I wanted to go get my brothers paintball gun and shoot that idiot in the head and then get out of my car and physically assault him.

This thread is frustrating.

It's a frustrating topic. While I'm pro-choice (Did I mention that yet) I am still aware that while my opinion and stance on this seems very clear and logical, there's still a little feeling of guilt when I think it's ok to advocate abortion. I know there isn't anything wrong with it, but it just feels like that. I think it's more the wondering of what would have happened to the foetus after it formed, not necessarily sympathy for the foetus because it had no idea it 'existed' in the first place (And it didn't as a human being certainly, in my eyes).

It's probably just years of seeing it drilled into everyone, I was very surprised by the amount of pro-life in this thread (The majority!? Wut?!).

It's a frustrating topic. While I'm pro-choice (Did I mention that yet) I am still aware that while my opinion and stance on this seems very clear and logical, there's still a little feeling of guilt when I think it's ok to advocate abortion. I know there isn't but it just feels like that.

It's probably just years of seeing it drilled into everyone, I was very surprised by the amount of pro-life in this thread (The majority!? Wut?!).

Well, I stated I'm a pro-life.

Plus, me being a future doctor makes me go for it as well.

We're supposed to preserve life.

This is my last post here.