✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

-Does it annoy you when people don't like what you like?

Reilly

Yeah let's throw that in as a question, do you hate it when something you like becomes really popular?

I liked Damien Rice a few years before he started selling records (But a lot of people in Ireland did I guess, he was in another band before his solo project) I guess everyone loving Cannonball, which I think is one of his poorest songs, was pretty annoying. Overall though, I really try not to dislike something because it's popular, it shouldn't really affect the original thing. I will usually hate the people though.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't bother me so much, but only if they're not telling me the stuff I like "sucks because it's gay and that singer is OMG SOOO depressed" etc. What upsets me is when I suggest them an artist or a book and don't get any feedback on it (or a negative one) because they didn't even show an effort in trying to get the suggested artist. It kind of beats the whole purpose of suggesting things.

Other than that, I respect their 'decision' of not liking what I like. It's not like that particular thing is the only thing we could talk about.

[/incoherence]

Yeah let's throw that in as a question, do you hate it when something you like becomes really popular?

Not necessarily, I love when i band i like get noticed or high praise.

It's when their music gets over played, that's when it's get irritating.

Though I think the worst about that is when people ask you about it as if it's something new.

"Have you heard that new band? or seen that tv show?

Haha! Yes, especially if you had tried to tell them about it a few times before, then you remind them that you've been listening to them for a year and they just go "Yeah oh right anyway they are SOOO kewl!!!"

It doesn't bother me so much if they've made their fame and popularity honestly, but I get very annoyed at lot at that Twilight Soundtrack fame and such.

Haha! Yes, especially if you had tried to tell them about it a few times before, then you remind them that you've been listening to them for a year and they just go "Yeah oh right anyway they are SOOO kewl!!!"

That happens to me all the time. :sick:

I used to care a lot. I was, at one time, one of those asses who liked to shove my opinions down everyone else's face. But now I really just don't care. I have friends who don't share any of my interests. And I'm fine with that.

Haha, yes! I don't know why I get so frustrated with it. Like a long time ago when I was a Coldplay fangirl, and no one else at my school knew who they were. All of a sudden when Viva becomes super popular everyone fell in love with them and started calling them their favorite band I was just like "what the fuck?!" I don't like them anymore though, so it's all good. Plus it's very rare for someone to like the same thing as me, but when it does happen I don't listen to the artist as much and slowly start to hate them. I know that makes me sound kinda like a hipster or whatever the fuck, but I just can't stand it. :disappointed:

Viva became popular? People are fuckups.

Everyone knows I detest Coldplay but I can at least tell their earlier work was a hell of a lot better then Viva, I can imagine how people would like songs on Parachutes but Viva?!

Viva became popular? People are fuckups.

Everyone knows I detest Coldplay but I can at least tell their earlier work was a hell of a lot better then Viva, I can imagine how people would like songs on Parachutes but Viva?!

I can't stand to listen to their new stuff now, it's so girly and annoying! :bomb:

Out of pure curiousity, what are some bands you like? I could use some new music.

Music blows.

Well not really, I guess I'm just sick of people who think music is everything (And need to explain that as much as possible), when really it's nothing. It's just a bunch of sounds thrown together.

Lately I'm listening to Uffie, haha, which isn't great, but I'm beginning to like music that has little effort put into it, and that's definitely Uffie.

I like a load of stuff that other people don't like, I am used to it. I go to the cinema and concerts on my own all the time, I am not going to miss out on stuff just cos I am the only one in my tiny social circle that likes certain stuff!! I like individuallity, its a good thing!!!

Well not really, I guess I'm just sick of people who think music is everything (And need to explain that as much as possible), when really it's nothing. It's just a bunch of sounds thrown together.

Yeah, I'm definitely one of those people.

:sick:

Yeah, I'm definitely one of those people.

:sick:

Hahaha, well I'm sick of you then. :tongue:

I used to be a music fan, really into it up until the last few years. But even when most of my day was music related, listening or playing, I never thought of it as being my life or anything. Just those people who love love love music soooo much they can't even begin to explain just how much... blah blah blah.

That get's to me.

It can bug me sometimes. I went through a phase where I really hated it, but then I met a large enough number of various actual hipsters who annoyed me so much more than any other group of sorry excuses for human beings I have ever had the misfortune of knowing that I vowed to never be like them if I could help it. They're exactly like the shallow people who only care about what's popular except they're desperately trying not to be by being too cool for it all. But in the end they're still obsessed with image and not much else. Cynicism is so toxic and so contagious.

So I try to take all that stuff with a grain of salt now. If it happens it happens. If something is good, it's good no matter who loves it or hates it and I just have to trust my own instincts.

(...I just wish they didn't have to put almost every song I like on car commercials about 6 months after I like it. :veryangry2: Or beer... or golf clubs. :bomb: )

There is one thing that really annoys me.

My friend enjoys making fun of things that I love.

Oh, I get that all the time, you learn to live with it and have a giggle or a bit of a smile. Or be an exceptional jerk and yell at them. I prefer the former personally.

Music blows.

Lately I'm listening to Uffie, haha, which isn't great, but I'm beginning to like music that has little effort put into it, and that's definitely Uffie.

That's an interesting point. I've never thought about it like that. You're kind of right. All the things that people think are so amazing aren't really wroth much at all.

I enjoy music and enjoy having it around me in my daily life, but I can understand someone not really caring for it in general.