✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Yay my family is poor now

William

We just got a cellphone bill stating that we have used mobile internet services for over a 1000 dollars. We've asked them to send some kind of specification, but at the moment I'm just pissed that they actually are so sure about it. According to them we've downloaded 2 GB's of data at 460 different times. That's just ridiculous! And the bill only covers for 1 month.

The thing is that we actually got proof, the cellphone built in status thing says that it has downloaded only about 20 MB's and that is for the whole long time the phone has been used. But they say it's not enough and that we could have "fixed that".

I even did some math on it and to reach that amount of data you would have to watch 20 hours of streaming video (for example youtube). Too bad they don't listen to anything you say.

RkoFZrUkg.jpg

The amount to right is 10 242 kr = 1431,45 dollar

Fuck. :nice:

You should try sorting it out with your phone company. I used internet on my phone once and they charged my family like $200, but when my family sorted it out with the phone company they dropped the charges.

I am sure you'll get most of it taken off the bill. You should consider getting a data package.

Yeah but the thing is that I'm suspecting that this is mistake on their side, but yes that is what I hope. If I knew I was getting a big ass bill I would probably get a data package, I don't think there's one covering 2.5 gb anyway.

HOW DARE THEY MAKE A GENUINE ERROR!

They'll resolve it once you prove you haven't done that.

Yeah, but the problem is really how we're going to prove it. As I said, the proof I actually have are according to them too weak. How the heck I'm going to prove something like this?

Gah, I hate when they charge you for stuff you know you're not doing. That happened to us once with the doctor's office. I'm sure if you keep calling and pestering the hell out of them something good will happen. :nice:

:tongue:

my friends' sister got half of that bill by ordering one game. and that program took away (i dont know how to say it in english) money for every few days. and noboy knew that. so when the bill came everybody was in shock. guess if she has her phone anymore.

but it was their fault, not companies'

Sounds like someone might have cloned your sim card or something, dude. :tongue:

Hmm, I didn't thought about that at all :thinking:

my friends' sister got half of that bill by ordering one game. and that program took away (i dont know how to say it in english) money for every few days. and noboy knew that. so when the bill came everybody was in shock. guess if she has her phone anymore.

but it was their fault, not companies'

Yeah I know what you mean, but people who fall for those ads are just plain stupid.

I've noticed that every single mobile broadband PAY AS YOU GO tariff in the UK now expires within 30 days of purchasing it, thus requiring a new purchase every month. Exactly the same as a monthly contract!!

You mean like prepaid mobile broadband? Yeah the expiry dates suck on those.