🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Breaking Bad

Buxus vahlii

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first thought after watching the episode was, "wow... I don't remember the last time that nobody died in an episode." The calm before the shitstorm.

I was reading an interview with Anna Gunn a week or so ago and said that nobody would die the first four episodes. I think we all know what's about to come next. :sad:

I was reading an interview with Anna Gunn a week or so ago and said that nobody would die the first four episodes. I think we all know what's about to come next. :sad:
Well, nobody "important" I suppose. There were still plenty of people that died already (for example, last week Todd and his peeps killed the competition at their underground meth lab).

:lol:

On Friday as I was walking into the grocery store, some guy walking out was wearing a Los Pollos Hermanos shirt. I had a big smile on my face but I doubt he noticed. I should have said as we passed, "have an A1 day!" Unfortunately I didn't think about it quick enough; but I'll keep it in the front of my head for next time. :D

omg Carrie, me gots to gets one of those
s'all good, man

lol I made a funny

It was so awesome on Talking Bad this week to find out that Mike's character almost never existed. Saul was supposed to be the one to get rid of Jane's body, but Bob Odenkirk wasn't available for filming, so they "created" Mike to do the job. One of my favorite characters only came about because of a scheduling snafu!!!

Speaking of Saul... :cheesy:

‘Breaking Bad’ Spinoff, ‘Better Call Saul,’ Is Picked Up by AMC

12saul-articleLarge.jpg

The news for “Breaking Bad” fans isn’t all bleak, as their much-loved series draws to a close.

Saul Goodman will be back in his own series.

AMC and the Sony Pictures Television announced on Wednesday that “Better Call Saul” — the long-rumored spinoff of “Breaking Bad” — is going forward, with Bob Odenkirk set to star as Saul, the morally compromised lawyer who has represented the meth dealers Walter White and Jesse Pinkman.

The news behind the announcement is that AMC is the network that wound up with the show. Despite the iconic status achieved by “Breaking Bad,” the network did not jump to buy the spinoff; that hesitation allowed several other networks to express serious interest in picking it up.

The negotiations went down to the wire, according to one executive briefed on the details. AMC had an exclusive negotiating period, but no deal was in place by the time that ended. Out of consideration for the partnership over “Breaking Bad,” however, the period was extended and AMC and Sony concluded a deal.

The planned series, which does not yet have a date to go on the air, will be a prequel rather than a sequel — which, for rabid “Bad” fans, who continue to obsess over every possible outcome of the series, means the Saul character does not necessarily survive. The new show will cover the evolution of Saul into the colorful character “Bad” fans have come to love.

link

Episode 1 was ok. What's Season 1 like compared to the rest of the series?
Each season is better than the previous season. However, even if you don't really care for episode 1, you should really still watch the entire season to get the full story as a setup for the rest of the series.

Overall it just keeps getting better and better.

Each season is better than the previous season. However, even if you don't really care for episode 1, you should really still watch the entire season to get the full story as a setup for the rest of the series.

Overall it just keeps getting better and better.

I'm definitely going to watch at least the first season. I wouldn't say I was indifferent, I was just expecting it to have some sort of a "wow factor" considering the reputation the show has acquired. I liked it but I need to see more to get why people love it so much. So far it has a kind of a Nip/Tuck vibe. And yeah even the Metacritic scores indicate that it gets progressively better (74, 85, 89, 96, 99/100). :wideeyed: