✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kasabian's Tom Meighan starting Coldplay band war...

busybeeburns

Says the Mirror

tom-meighan-pic-getty-491534570.jpg

It's hardly Oasis versus Blur but Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan is trying to start a band war with Coldplay.

The cocky Brit Award winner says: "Chris Martin is all right if you're 35 and feeling sad that your mortgage repayments have gone up." Ouch.

He goes on to Q magazine: "But Liam [Gallagher] is the voice you want if you're feeling young and free and up for anything. In terms of honesty, looks and attitude there's no one left." That'll be the 37-year-old Liam with the mortgage, we presume?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/03/26/tom-s-cold-war-115875-22139723/

Just because Liam Gallagher's a pinhead doesn't mean he's not talented. :P

Still, even though this is the first I've heard from Kasabian that's bashing Coldplay, so many artists have beaten Tom to the punch that it's hardly of any significance. :rolleyes:

You know what they say about glass houses...

The Sun "Singer’s £8k on C-3PO & R2-D2"

I was contacted by several people who had said that this "E.T." BMX bike is a replica... (see my blog article circa 2008)

Last month this was also noted in an article by WIRED magazine ("Motor: Where Are Your Favorite Movie Cars Now?")

Kuwahara BMX

ET: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)

Tom Meighan, vocalist for the British rock band Kasabian, thought he bought Elliot’s bike in 2007. But Steven Spielberg’s people say the director held onto all the alien-blessed Kuwaharas. Too bad, because Meighan makes the most of his ride: Word is that the singer likes to reenact the final escape scene in his sprawling flat. That thing is never gonna fly, Tom — it’s a fake!

Jason

Kasabian who?:rolleyes:

IKR? That's what I thought when I read this...I don't know who he is, therefore he is insignificant to me :D i know, how american of me...can't help it lol

srsly tho. don't insult coldplay dude...just keep your stupid opinions to YOURSELF. I don't have a mortgage and i'm not sad...if anything, Coldplay makes me feel better if I feel back....so STFU DUDE:angry:

i like kasabian, not a huge fan but i'd listen to them.

but I don't see any point in dissing other bands.

Especially coldplay in 2010, everyone has dissed them by now.

Yeah I thought so too. It's pity that Tom says such a thing though.

• 2 weeks later...

GOD I LOVE KASABIAN

I also very much love Tom Meighan and share his dislike for Coldplay. I was searching some of his interviews and noticed this, so i thought i would temporarily register and let you all know i hate fucking coldplay and think KASABIAN are quality. Anyway enjoy listnening to shit music and being depressed i will now listen to some more quality Kasabian. BYEEEEE

I also very much love Tom Meighan and share his dislike for Coldplay. I was searching some of his interviews and noticed this, so i thought i would temporarily register and let you all know i hate fucking coldplay and think KASABIAN are quality. Anyway enjoy listnening to shit music and being depressed i will now listen to some more quality Kasabian. BYEEEEE

you registered here just so you could tell us this

sorry but that's just pathetic :dozey: