✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Eurovision Contest -2010

iboware

...but it seems as though a lot of European countries already knew her and her song though?

i'm not sure about that. it's true that she became quite popular during the last week in oslo, many journalists seemed to like her. it's also true that stefan raab knows all about promotion - but then again every other country can try to get as much media attention as possible as well ;) because we all know it's not all about the songs anymore, that time has been and gone.

anyway, it's just strange because we always came last, haha. oh well.

:dance:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think generally people in other countries associate UK with America in recent years, therefore the dislike. but seriously, our song this year was the worst thing ever heard!! It was like lift music and deserved to be last.

I guess that her song was quite modern sounding and people obviously liked that. Well done to Germany :) Yeah, you're right, I remember in other years you're near the bottom like us, hahaha :lol:

that's why this country is going crazy right now, everybody was like "well, top 10 would be really, really great for a change, but we'll never EVER win this!" haha^^

it's true that the UK entry was a bit... erm, not so good ;D i had already heard it last week and thought it at least kinda fits into the contest - but it somehow was out of tune tonight.

oh well, i need sleep :D goodnight! ~

ahahahahahahahahahahahah did we really win this?Omg....I personally don't like Lena.....well what I like about her is that she didn't need this big performance like other countries did....aaaand that her song was a bit different....I liked Belgium as well....that guy was so cute eheh

can't believe Denmark did so well...their song was just shit.

anyways....I can't believe we've seriously won this...I mean people on the radio were saying we will win this, but in an ironic way-----nobody thought that we would really make it, because were always last in the past years.....we would even have been happy about a 5th or a 6th place....:freak:

Yeah, no one who is good would participate and even if by some strange reason they did, they probably would not win because we are the UK and nobody really likes our country in Europe. :nice:

Not true! ;)

Btw, the UK has won 5 times so far! The second most successfull Eurovision participant. I'm sure we all remember Katrina and the Waves and Brotherhood of Man!

Not true! ;)

Btw, the UK has won 5 times so far! The second most successfull Eurovision participant. I'm sure we all remember Katrina and the Waves and Brotherhood of Man!

Well, I'm pretty sure that MANY people wouldn't even remember Katrina & The Waves let alone Brotherhood of Man as they were too young to have watched the Eurovision Song Contest or (like it was named back then) Grand Prix de la Chanson in 1997 or 1976 ;)

Plus the UK (and Ireland) always had some kind of advantage as they sang in english.

In former times the participants had to sing in their mother language and honestly, many countries didn't have a chance, as their language just sounded strange and you couldn't figure out what the artist were singing about.

This is no criticism! :) ;)

I for one always prefered the english sung song ... awwww ... Johnny Logan springs to mind (I know that he's NOT british! ;) ).

What about Bucks Fizz?? Even if people say they were crap, their song was catchy and created good vibes :)

Nowadays many songs are heavy with meaning or just too sentimental. Not the song makes the winner but the whole performance and most of the time the fact of how in dishabille the (mostly female) artist appears.

And it was/is about politics! :(

Neighbouring countries would give each other highest points sometimes because people living near the border would just go over to vote from there for their own country.

Like Sarah said, long gone are the times where it was the song which really mattered :\

But for once I won't moan about all this as we succeeded. :D After a VERY long time! :)

Our last Eurovision/Grand Prix win was back in 1982! 28 years ago! Some of you are not even as old as that :laugh3:

Therefore I'm not in the slightest ashamed that we maybe won with a shit song or else ... ;)

It was about time that we would do good for a change!

And again I have to say that Sarah made a good point:

When the casting for the ESC began and Lena was chosen, everyone had some kind of gut feeling that we actually could do better with this song than in the years before.

Although I have to admit that we ALWAYS said that about our participants the years before and then we were gobsmacked again that we ended up last or at the VERY bottom with some few mercy points. :( :laugh3:

So this time we said, 'let us at least end up somewhere Top 10! PLEASE!' and we felt really chuffed when we got 12 points from several countries not just being our neighbours. Many countries gave 6 points, 8 points, 10 points. Spread all across Europe.

Music is always about personal taste. So you just can't have everyone on your side and it's good like that :)

Even though I was ROTFL (= rolling over the floor laughing!) while their performance, I kinda liked Greece's contribution. Funny & catchy.

Also thought Belgium's song was nice. But like I said, people have different tastes.

I'm currently just enjoying this paroxysm of joy for winning this event after such a long time. And even if the song is shit, her 'strange accent' maybe adopted and her 'dance style' weird ... the song is catchy :) At least I think so.

Okay, this is NOT meant as criticism nor as a justification and I only quote 'passenger' because of that Katrina & The Waves/Brotherhood Of Man reference.

Just see it as some very random ramblings of someone who's for once happy with the results of the ESC :D :) :smug:

P.S. I am honestly a bit sad that countries which kinda 'ruled' the ESC/Grand Prix (eyeing over to the UK) in earlier years are now kinda ending up at the very bottom :(

party party! ;D

*hahaha*

Didn't even see the press conference ...

'Ich liebe Deutsche Land ..., ich liebe Deutsche Land ..., ich liebe Deutsche Land!' :laugh3:

Some voices are even saying that now only the World Cup Champion title is missing :D :laugh3:

I wouldn't go that far, as it seems a bit bigheaded :confused:

Well, I'm pretty sure that MANY people wouldn't even remember Katrina & The Waves let alone Brotherhood of Man as they were too young to have watched the Eurovision Song Contest or (like it was named back then) Grand Prix de la Chanson in 1997 or 1976 ;)

Plus the UK (and Ireland) always had some kind of advantage as they sang in english.

In former times the participants had to sing in their mother language and honestly, many countries didn't have a chance, as their language just sounded strange and you couldn't figure out what the artist were singing about.

This is no criticism! :) ;)

I for one always prefered the english sung song ... awwww ... Johnny Logan springs to mind (I know that he's NOT british! ;) ).

What about Bucks Fizz?? Even if people say they were crap, their song was catchy and created good vibes :)

Nowadays many songs are heavy with meaning or just too sentimental. Not the song makes the winner but the whole performance and most of the time the fact of how in dishabille the (mostly female) artist appears.

And it was/is about politics! :(

Neighbouring countries would give each other highest points sometimes because people living near the border would just go over to vote from there for their own country.

Like Sarah said, long gone are the times where it was the song which really mattered :\

But for once I won't moan about all this as we succeeded. :D After a VERY long time! :)

Our last Eurovision/Grand Prix win was back in 1982! 28 years ago! Some of you are not even as old as that :laugh3:

Therefore I'm not in the slightest ashamed that we maybe won with a shit song or else ... ;)

It was about time that we would do good for a change!

And again I have to say that Sarah made a good point:

When the casting for the ESC began and Lena was chosen, everyone had some kind of gut feeling that we actually could do better with this song than in the years before.

Although I have to admit that we ALWAYS said that about our participants the years before and then we were gobsmacked again that we ended up last or at the VERY bottom with some few mercy points. :( :laugh3:

So this time we said, 'let us at least end up somewhere Top 10! PLEASE!' and we felt really chuffed when we got 12 points from several countries not just being our neighbours. Many countries gave 6 points, 8 points, 10 points. Spread all across Europe.

Music is always about personal taste. So you just can't have everyone on your side and it's good like that :)

Even though I was ROTFL (= rolling over the floor laughing!) while their performance, I kinda liked Greece's contribution. Funny & catchy.

Also thought Belgium's song was nice. But like I said, people have different tastes.

I'm currently just enjoying this paroxysm of joy for winning this event after such a long time. And even if the song is shit, her 'strange accent' maybe adopted and her 'dance style' weird ... the song is catchy :) At least I think so.

Okay, this is NOT meant as criticism nor as a justification and I only quote 'passenger' because of that Katrina & The Waves/Brotherhood Of Man reference.

Just see it as some very random ramblings of someone who's for once happy with the results of the ESC :D :) :smug:

P.S. I am honestly a bit sad that countries which kinda 'ruled' the ESC/Grand Prix (eyeing over to the UK) in earlier years are now kinda ending up at the very bottom :(

well thank you :nice:

it's been the first time that we got into the finals and we ended 6th so I'm verry happy we did that :D

my town is going crasy 'cause Tom Dice lives here (in my town)

I heard an intervieuw of him and he said that Germany indeed deserved to win and that he's thankfull for Germany's 12 points :awesome: (the only countrie we got 12 points from I think :thinking:)

and indeed, you always see that high points are given to neighbour countries...

but normally we (belgians) always get high points from the Netherlands and this time we only got 6 :dozey: :lol: the belgian commentary got mad as hell :laugh3:

HU! HEY! OPAAA!!! :dance: :laugh3: [am besten fand ich, als der raab letzte woche meinte, dass beim griechischen vorentscheid zwischen den songs OPA und OMA entschieden werden musste :awesome: ]

i really liked greece as well, haha, was really entertaining. but i'm glad we gave our 12 points to belgium :nice:

i'm about to go to hannover's city hall, there's gonna be a huge party, lena and mr. raab will of course also be there :D wahoo!

The Eurodance last night was funny! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRzisOw6wGk&feature=related

Haha, "LIVE from Hamburg"... that definitely was a lie ;) I arrived there at the Reeperbahn when that dance was being recorded - at first I was pretty irritaded by all those people dancing and Detlef D! Soost hopping up and down on the stage, but in the end it looked quite cool ^^ But it was not live ;D

Why did Lena chick sound so British/American

I am confused :huh:

I think "We Could Be The Same" is better than Germany's song but we know that eurovision is not a music only contest :) and no one can deny it.

I liked Turkey too :wacko:

Haha, "LIVE from Hamburg"... that definitely was a lie ;) I arrived there at the Reeperbahn when that dance was being recorded - at first I was pretty irritaded by all those people dancing and Detlef D! Soost hopping up and down on the stage, but in the end it looked quite cool ^^ But it was not live ;D

Did they really record it or was it just for practice?

@ Cobalt

I seriously don't know either. :confused: I don't think she has a / n British / American origin, so I guess it's just her accent. That'd explain why it's such a weird mixture of both accents ...

Did they really record it or was it just for practice?

@ Cobalt

I seriously don't know either. :confused: I don't think she has a / n British / American origin, so I guess it's just her accent. That'd explain why it's such a weird mixture of both accents ...

Imo she is having this accent because she wants to be oh so indie Kate Nash like..ew