✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Liam Gallagher explains his recent comments about Coldplay

busybeeburns

liamgallagherpaphotL170210.jpg

Liam Gallagher: 'David Bowie and T-Rex have inspired my post-Oasis album' - video

Liam Gallagher has revealed that David Bowie and T-Rex have inspired his new post-Oasis album. The singer told New York radio station RXP that his new group – featuring former bandmates Andy Bell, Gem Archer and Chris Sharrock – are aiming to head into the studio next month with a view to completing the record in June before releasing it the following summer. Watch the video below.

"Andy and Gem are on fire at the moment," he enthused. "There's a bit of T-Rex and Bowie on there, I’m telling you there's a good mix of psychedelia but there’s some good rock 'n' roll tunes on there [as well]. We're going to record halfway through April, we've got three weeks to do some tunes and if it's all cool we'll go back in June and finish it off. I'd like to have a tune out in October and then put another one out after Christmas and then the album in the summer."

Although he has had several public digs at his brother Noel, who also had his first jovial pop at his younger sibling at his second Teenage Cancer Trust gig at the Royal Albert Hall last night (March 26), he did admit that the pair's new material will be "an exciting time for music".

"He'll go and do his thing and we'll go and do our thing and it'll be an exciting time for music not just in England but worldwide," he said. But he still had the last word adding: "Noel's record will be good and ours will be better."

The singer said that they still haven't spoken since Noel quit the band last August but he admitted that they "will at some point". He also revealed that a new Oasis singles collection will be released in the near future and he criticised the UK music scene.

"There's a few good bands but there's a lot of bands just making fast food music," he said. "It's not digesting well, they're not making albums. You hear a good tune on the radio and go out and buy the album and it's not all that."

Elsewhere in the interview, Liam explained his recent comments about U2 and Coldplay's dress sense and he joked they should go out and buy his own clothing range Pretty Green, which he is currently promoting in the US. "I've met Bono before and he's a geeser but someone asked me about fashion and you can see a lot of bands are styled like Coldplay and you know they don't buy their own clothes and you should, you should buy Pretty Green," he said before adding: "Coldplay are alright but they don’t do it for me that much, they're not rock 'n' roll enough man. They live all around the corner from me so I don’t want to say too much in case they come round and give me a paper cut."

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/50406

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ks49pyMnQ&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Oasis 2.0 Interview: Liam Opens Up (2010) Part 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfhfD_f8kzg&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Oasis 2.0 Interview: Liam Opens Up (2010) Part 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1qgHl-Top8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Oasis 2.0 Interview: Liam Opens Up (2010) Part 3[/ame]

Again, WHY does this guy not just shut up with the whole abusing Coldplay thing? it's not like they've ever done anything to annoy him, they've never said anything bad as far as i know (well i suppose he could be annoyed that they make better music... :laugh3:) And as for Coldplay being 'styled', that might be so but overall it is irrelevant because they are MUSICIANS - they make music, they don't have to be amazing at fashion as well :angry: He just really gets on my nerves - why doesn't he just stop having a go at other bands and maybe concentrate on the music, which is what it's all about after all :\

Does anyone really care what he has to say anymore? It's so long since Oasis have been relevant, and even when they were, it was because of Noel's talent, not Liam's.

He's such an idiot and I really wish the media would stop giving him an opportunity to spout his mouth off

He probably does like their music but won't admit it.

Yes, I reckon you're right. He's a closet Coldplay fan!:P

As much as I liked Oasis for the music my opinion on Liam is that he's an idiot :rolleyes:

Opinion has nothing to do with it. He is one!:lol:

^That post is irrelevant (to the topic).:lol:

Well you won't respond to any serious and perfectly civil questions posed to you.

Your opinions on anything to do with people in the public eye are void because you've proven yourself time and time again to be narrow minded and blinkered, no one takes your opinions seriously, you can't even explain why you like a band, it's pathetic.

Much like Liam, there's nothing civil about you whatsoever.:rolleyes:

Really?, I've asked you to explain why you like a band, if anyone has been rude it's you, you deliberatly ignore any posts that you feel are awkward for you to answer, and yet go around casting your worthless opinions around about all and sundry who arn't in your beloved mediocre dad rock band.

Really?, I've asked you to explain why you like a band, if anyone has been rude it's you, you deliberatly ignore any posts that you feel are awkward for you to answer, and yet go around casting your worthless opinions around about all and sundry who arn't in your beloved mediocre dad rock band.

Are you Liam in disguise?:stunned: