✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Should a person be convicted for murder if the victim volunteered to be killed?

Dfit00

Back in March 2001, a German man named Armin Meiwes posted an ad online requesting "a healthy and slender young man to be eaten". Several people responded to the ad including Bernd Jürgen Brandes, who voluntarily showed up at Meiwes' residence in Rotenburg to be killed and eaten.

Meiwes amputated Brandes' penis in order to be cooked and eaten, which led to severe blood loss and death. Afterwards, Meiwes cut chunks of flesh from Brandes' corpse which he consumed for a period of over 10 months by storing the flesh in his freezer.

Months later, a student nearby his neighborhood noticed the crime that Meiwes had done. The police searched his house and found a video of the killing, as well as the flesh stored in the freezer. Meiwes was ultimately put on trial, and was sentenced to 8.5 years in prison, and later for life imprisonment.

I can't believe how a person can have such a mentality and ideas to do such an atrocity. According to German laws, during his first trial he was only sentenced for 8.5 years in prison because the victim "volunteered to be killed". A controversy erupted around the world and therefore he was sentenced to life imprisonment in his second trial.

Some people see it as "romantic" because both of them knew each other personally before the killing, and the victim "gave in to his partner" concluding that it was a desire for vorarephilia.

What do you think? Was it fair that he was sentenced to life imprisonment, even though the victim volunteered to be killed and eaten?

http://pysih.com/2009/01/11/armin-meiwes-perhaps/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes

Explicit Content -> http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/f10/cannibal-armin-meiwes-crime-scene-pictures-20100/

No. If someone wants to die they should be allowed to.

We need to legalize it so people who truly want to die can do it a humane and how do I say this....clean way. I'd rather someone go to a doctor and be "put to sleep" than them shooting themselves at their house where people will have to clean it up and/or someone discover the body.

I had a friend who was about to shoot himself outside but he was worried a kid would find his body and that would be a traumatic experience for them.

And yes I think he should be convicted for murder.

What gives anyone the right to stop two consenting adults from doing something as long as they aren't hurting anyone else?

Yes, no person should feel they have the right to kill another person, even if that person feels, at the time, that they want to die.

We need to legalize it so people who truly want to die can do it a humane and how do I say this....clean way. I'd rather someone go to a doctor and be "put to sleep" than them shooting themselves at their house where people will have to clean it up and/or someone discover the body.

I'd like to say I partly agree (Very small part) but then that would throw up a bunch of other questions. I believe that a terminally ill person, or someone who is in severe pain, should have the right to end their life if there is a very small chance of it improving (And in a way this is legal in the situation that a family can 'pull the plug' on a relative if the machine is the only thing keeping them alive).

But issues that come from this is deciding what is 'severe pain', what is a 'small chance of improving', in that way, theoretically there will always be a human being "playing God" and it's inconsistent.

I don't think I've ever known someone who condone's suicide for just any healthy human being. I think that's really horrible.

Meiwes also mentioned that there are about 800 cannibals like him in Germany, and that's only in Germany. Go figure the stats for the rest of the World. :bomb:

I'd love to see the video though, I am sure at least one person in the planet has access to it.

I'd love to see the video though, I am sure at least one person in the planet has access to it. :bomb:

Why? I noticed a lot of members on that forum you link you posted felt the same way, some of them seem to actually be celebrating this as a great thing. Odd bunch.

I would watch it, but I'm not desperate to find it. I don't understand.

Why? I noticed a lot of members on that forum you link you posted felt the same way, some of them seem to actually be celebrating this as a great thing. Odd bunch.

I would watch it, but I'm not desperate to find it. I don't understand.

I am just curious about it, not desperate. Who knows if it all the evidence is legitimate or not.

Yeah, Nick's post kinda threw me off into talking about the right to suicide, forgot to focus on the topic.

It's really mind boggling, I remember this story when it happened and I simply can't even begin to understand (And no amount of reading really helped). From what I can understand, it's the ultimate fantasy and gratification to eat a person who sacrifices them to you, or to be eaten to satisfy the other persons desires.

But any kind of weird shit in sex I've never understood, any kind of bondage, spanking, basically anything that leaves a mark I don't get (And the vast majority of people are probably the same). I remember at the time some people were of the opinion that although it may be sick and horrible to the outside world, to these guys it was a romantic experience (Marilyn Manson said that too).

It just seems insane the lengths people will go to, to just get off basically.