✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

American Idol: Kris Allen and Allison Iraheta cover Coldplay’s ‘The Scientist’

busybeeburns

Check out the video above in which American Idol stars Kris Allen and Allison Iraheta cover Coldplay’s ‘The Scientist.’

They gave the performance on Friday in Los Angeles for Oprah Winfrey’s No Phone Zone rally. Winfrey’s No Phone Zone is an initiative that encourages people to avoid talking and texting on their cell phones whilst driving……sounds like a worthwhile campaign.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsDdz5mQS7Y&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Kris Allen & Allison Iraheta Duet - The Scientist[/ame]

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/american-idol/american-idol-kris-allen-and-allison-iraheta-cover-coldplays-the-scientist/

Well I sure clicked on it, and it was great!!!! Of all the songs in the world, they chose this Coldplay classic, and I feel they did it justice!!! Oh and the cell phone cause was a great thing. if only we can stop texting while driving that would be wonderful!!!!

i thought it was a fairly good cover...& not to mention that the song choice suits the campaign (if only because of the song's MV).

tho i also think it could've been better w/o the girl...she seems to be trying too hard to sing it her way. :p

To be honest, I really liked it. They made it their own and their voices sound nice together. Great job with the harmonies.

Lighten up guys! No one could EVER "ruin" such a brilliant song as The Scientist. :smug:

Totally agree with you!!

Lighten up guys! No one could EVER "ruin" such a brilliant song as The Scientist.

Iagree, but it can be insulted.

but hey, i kinda liked it! :)

better then the last time the scientist was sung by someone from American Idol...

(current season) cough cough..

He was good but she is just flat out terrible. Kris is cool because he's musical and all, plays guitar, great voice. But when she sings she just can't seem to pronounce anything correctly and it's almost whiny. She is just an average girl that american idol made "semi-famous" and for some reason it annoyed me when she started clapping and getting the crowd to do it. hahaha. I really don't know why, but somehow I don't think she should be allowed to do that to a coldplay song. Kris is fine, because he appears to have legitimate musical talent. Her, I don't know.

Yes, I know I'm being too harsh. Overall I enjoyed the cover.

Bad cover, but Kris Allens voice was ok... but then again; who could ever sound as perfect as Chris??!

He`s just perfect in every way!

I can´t wait to hear what´s coming next - please let them put the album out this year!!