🚀COLDPLAY PREMIERE THEIR NEW SINGLE 'HIGHER POWER' FROM SPACE✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

:laugh3: I thought he looked like Jack Black too lulz!

(not sure where some of them are from..oldies I've saved from tumblr. the one with Damo's goofy hat is from tumblr today though lol)

tumblr_lbaag8Cmpm1qzg2pbo1_400.jpg

Oh Damon! I hope you are behaving! :whip:

At first when I saw this pic, I thought "Oh no Suzi is probably not happy about this!"

But then it sort of looks like maybe someone was taking their picture from across the room the way they are posed and where she is looking. Idk. Either way his face :laugh3: and CHICK if Damon ALbarn is looking at you like that.. YOU LOOK BACK AT HIM :bomb:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh3: I thought he looked like Jack Black too lulz!

(not sure where some of them are from..oldies I've saved from tumblr. the one with Damo's goofy hat is from tumblr today though lol)

tumblr_lbaag8Cmpm1qzg2pbo1_400.jpg

Oh Damon! I hope you are behaving! :whip:

At first when I saw this pic, I thought "Oh no Suzi is probably not happy about this!"

But then it sort of looks like maybe someone was taking their picture from across the room the way they are posed and where she is looking. Idk. Either way his face :laugh3: and CHICK if Damon ALbarn is looking at you like that.. YOU LOOK BACK AT HIM :bomb:

Oh I have that one!!!! :D Damon really is a PIMP!!!! (hell he's even got the hat for it right there! :laugh3:)

That last one is from today???? OHHHH!!!!! I wonder if it's Seattle then! They could be at KNDD (The End)!!!!! DAMMIT I MISS HOME!!!!!!!:cry:

*HUGS* :heart: You are awesome, beautiful! :D

Yeah thats the one thing I do have issues with is when my friends put up pics of me that are not in my best light, and I don't have any control over it. That stuff I'm definitely not thrilled with. :\

Aw, you're so damn sweet <3

It's a tiny glimpse into the life of the famous, I suppose. I don't like it!

Y ou are going to have SUCH a BLAST!!!!!! Or, as Damon said in his last interview, a SHIT time! :laugh3: (Apparently that's a POSITIVE term now! :lol::lol::lol:)

Oh my god! Has he been on the G-U again?? Noooooooo......!!! Damon babe, you don't wanna see some of that shit! :D

Girl I am freakin EXCITED for you!!!!!!!

Thanks sweetie! I'm embarrassed by how excited I am :embarrassed: :laugh3:

I honestly think it depends on the area they are playing in too-like for me, PHX, although they were quite popular, wasn't a HUGE market for them. My sister and I got there maybe and our and a half before the NERD show started, and it was pretty mellow. But if they are really big in Ireland I definitely would make a day out of it-and tell your buddy it'll be fun dammit! :D Tell her you only live once and this is on your bucket list! ;)

Yeh, you're right. It really does depend on the crowd. To be honest, I'm really not sure how big they are here! I don't watch tv or listen to the radio! Damn me and my internet addiction. I don't think they're massive though. I suppose I'll let you know after the gig :laugh3:

I honestly am shocked that they are not coming to SA!!! You guys are a big market for the British music scene aren't you? Maybe they will announce something after New Years? Again I'm really surprised-and really sorry! *HUGS*

I don't really understand this either!

Lol I know.. he's been beautiful his whole life :wacky:

He really, truly has! :wink3::D

Aw, you're so damn sweet <3

It's a tiny glimpse into the life of the famous, I suppose. I don't like it!

Oh my god! Has he been on the G-U again?? Noooooooo......!!! Damon babe, you don't wanna see some of that shit! :D

Thanks sweetie! I'm embarrassed by how excited I am :embarrassed: :laugh3:

Yeh, you're right. It really does depend on the crowd. To be honest, I'm really not sure how big they are here! I don't watch tv or listen to the radio! Damn me and my internet addiction. I don't think they're massive though. I suppose I'll let you know after the gig :laugh3:

UGH-I hear ya about the famous thing-I'm very thankful I'm not! LOL!!!!

Do NOT be embarrassed!!! Trust me, the excitement is WORTH IT!!!! :D And if they're not necessarily huge in your area, you may very well have a good chance of meeting them-which is why I'm personally glad they haven't hit world domination! More for us! :wink3:

And yeah, the 'shit as a positive word according to Damon' thing-I think it was the last interview, the one where admits he loves the USA! :heart:

Wait Damon's been on the GU forum? :surprised:

WHere are his posts?

Nah, I'm just kidding. I just meant cuz "great" is posted as "shit" etc. But someone did say that that comment about Stylo being recorded in half an hour comment came from there....

UGH-I hear ya about the famous thing-I'm very thankful I'm not! LOL!!!!

Do NOT be embarrassed!!! Trust me, the excitement is WORTH IT!!!! :D And if they're not necessarily huge in your area, you may very well have a good chance of meeting them-which is why I'm personally glad they haven't hit world domination! More for us! :wink3:

And yeah, the 'shit as a positive word according to Damon' thing-I think it was the last interview, the one where admits he loves the USA! :heart:

Aw, thanks! Yeh, that's what I'm selfishly hoping! All the more for us! Oooh, I have to read/hear that!

Oh that totally went over my head then :facepalm: lol I guess I'm just use to hearing about Graham posting on his own forum and stuff... but then again Damon sticks STRICTLY to youtube online and that seems about it :laugh3:

wait a minute, he's on youtube personally? since when?!

i think the only time i talked to someone on the internet associated with him was jamie hewlett.

Man, i want to see Gorillaz so bad, i'm still holding to the South American wish, you know, people can dream xD.

I'm also wishing that Gorillaz would play more venues in Asia, but damn, that's impossible. :sad:

Seeking out other freaks is always a great idea :laugh3: And yeah your friend should know how much this means to you! If she doesn't want to stalk around or get there too early then she doesn't have to. lol.

Oh lookit these pics I found :wideeyed:

tumblr_kutei5jaVl1qa02uno1_500.jpg

tumblr_ktqfz6aQt11qa02uno1_500.jpg

tumblr_kwym30LA2T1qa02uno1_500.jpg

tumblr_l0epwzsEPl1qa02uno1_500.jpg

:dead:

(btw can you girls tell my obsessions with current damon has quadrupled since meeting him? :lol: I wish I could go back in time and meet Damon at all his ages and then decide what age was best.. but right now current Damo is the greatest to me:wacko:)

I don't know how you girls keep finding pictures I've not seen before. :dead: :bomb:

I kind of like young Damon these days, but I think the Think Tank Damon was pretty good-looking.

Oh fuck it, he was good-looking all along.

*HUGS* Thank you BB!!!!! I freakin LOVE the face he's pulling there too-I always pictured him as being a nice guy, but he really went beyond what I ever expected! :heart:

:hug:

They all sound so nice. :dead:

tumblr_lba2ceBpcD1qc161po1_500.jpg

^ this new hat he has lsdjfoierutr :lol: what even? hahahaha

Mmm, reminds me of that picture of Damon someone combined of him wearing many hats. Damon's a hat lover, I bet Graham had something to do with it. :heart:

Oh that totally went over my head then :facepalm: lol I guess I'm just use to hearing about Graham posting on his own forum and stuff... but then again Damon sticks STRICTLY to youtube online and that seems about it :laugh3:

Graham does that? :surprised: That's so nice of him. I suppose Damon isn't much of an Internet man. xD

wait a minute, he's on youtube personally? since when?!

i think the only time i talked to someone on the internet associated with him was jamie hewlett.

When / how did you talk to Jamie? We love him around here too.

Damon's said he loves youtube and goes on there to watch videos sometimes. It's pretty funny :P

:o:o:shocked2:

I was RIGHT! It WAS from KNDD!!!!!! Great interview too!!!!

http://blogs.1077theend.com/aharms/2010/11/02/interview-gorillaz-stop-by-the-end/

Thanks bb!

I'll have to listen to that interview tom. :nice:

I THINK THIS PIC NEEDS REPOSTING IN HERE :dead:

tumblr_lbaes6hMPm1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

UGH he looks so cuddle-able ...

Aw, thanks! Yeh, that's what I'm selfishly hoping! All the more for us! Oooh, I have to read/hear that!

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Yeah I think that may be his new word for if someting is cool!

Just wait.....by the end of the week all of the fans/fangirls are gonna be saying 'that was shit-meaning that was good! :laugh3:

Damon's said he loves youtube and goes on there to watch videos sometimes. It's pretty funny :P

he has a deviantart. he's on there very little but I caught him on his birthday last year. was really nice in responding, too.

also got him when he was complaining of how scratchy his chin was after shaving it. i said, 'why don't you just slap it?'

to which he replied, 'why? it's not a mosquito bite.'

thought that was funny. x D

Thanks bb!

I'll have to listen to that interview tom. :nice:

I THINK THIS PIC NEEDS REPOSTING IN HERE :dead:

tumblr_lbaes6hMPm1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

UGH he looks so cuddle-able ...

YA I WANNA TALK TO JAMIE AGAIN!!!!! :D

You are very welcome BB! (DAMMIT I wanna go home! :laugh3:)

That is really one of my favorite candids of him-and there is a LOT to choose from! :D

You're posting way too much for me girls. Hard to follow with that fucking time zone. Well, tomorrow I'll work at night so I'll be syncronized with you :D.

jeeze, i just spent a good time looking at this thread and I thought i was a big damon albarn fangirl. x D

you guys showed me wrong.

super-jealous some of you got to meet him. last saturday i had a good chance to at least see him up close but he was taking forever to leave the building and my mom really wanted to get home [it was nearly 12 am and we were out of town].

i'll never get another chance. ; ____;

Hey welcome here Space. It's sad you couldn't wait more for Damon but you saw the gig and that's already good :).
Lizzy and Shani - what time do you guys recommend I get there at to get a good spot? They're standing tickets and the doors open at 6:30. If it was up to me I'd be there ridiculously early, but I have to look sane for my friend!
It's really hard to tell you what time you have to come for a show. Too many parameters.

But if your goal is to be front row, middle, you have to come as early as you can. If you don't mind being in the 2-10 first row you can normaly arrive one or two hours before, just to be sure. But it happened to me to arrived after the begining of the gig and find a way to the second row, without fighting (I hate people forcing you to let them go front rows), and I remember that for a really big gig, I came at 7 in the morning (I know, crazy fan :rolleyes:) and wasn't close from the stage (shitty organisation).

So if you have time and if you're not going alone, come early (around 2 - 3pm) and if there is nobody for the queue when you arrive you can go for a walk around the venue.

Sometimes Graham posts on the blur forum. He did it few days ago in response of people who were talking about his new song.

This thread

http://forums.blur.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=66762

davidsutter wrote:

I wonder if Tweedo is getting voice lessons or something. He sounds a lot better in the last couple years.

mmm. interesting.. no i never had lessons for anything except sax..

i guess maybe...i am very aware that people say things like "stick to guitar", or "this track was great till he started singing.." but... perfect voices to me are a bore and i think i just thought "fuck it who cares!"...you have to use what youve got...etc and started singing a bit more confidently...the older you get the less you give a shit about these things...i think my voice sounds nice in alot of songs but theres some where it sounds bad....but i have the same with guitars too...some playing is awful.. i just forget about it...and to people who think my voice is awful.. i think they are pig ugly and at least i am not that.

i hank yur!