The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, Damon, you do way too much for me to keep up with :laugh3:

Tattoos, new band news, new interview :lol: tooo much all at once haha

The idea of an anchor tattoo is nice, but maybe I would of liked it if it was smaller and didnt have the writing with it, and it was just the anchor logo. Eh, whatever they want I guess :lol:

Thank You :kiss: !!! I was looking for that gif for a long time.

Ooooh, that one from Jools Holland On Melancholy Hill performance. :wideeyed: The first time i watched this on TV, my heart was beating way too fast as a result of Damon's prolonged staring into the camera :laugh3:

Starin' into yo soul, Kelly :wideeyed:

oh, thanks for clearing up who damon's woman is.

http://www.uploadgeek.com/share-FF92_4CD46905.html

my school desktop. : D

i love how alex looks like he owns the world.

Lol yeah he does. And I love that picture... you can tell Graham is totally infatuated with Damon.. just the look he is giving him there :heart:

You guys Imma head to bed since I didn't sleep too well last night and I work tomorrow, but I wanted to leave with with something I fell in love with-not Damon, prob should go into the gorillaz thread but I don't care! :lol: Its vid of the time Jamie went to Bangladesh and hung out with the kiddies last year. Something about a bad boy with a good heart does something to me! :wink3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qubW3ZcEJNw&feature=related]YouTube - Gorillaz artist Jamie Hewlett in Bangladesh[/ame]

*HUGS* Gnight guys!!!!! :heart:

You guys Imma head to bed since I didn't sleep too well last night and I work tomorrow, but I wanted to leave with with something I fell in love with-not Damon, prob should go into the gorillaz thread but I don't care! :lol: Its vid of the time Jamie went to Bangladesh and hung out with the kiddies last year. Something about a bad boy with a good heart does something to me! :wink3:

Yes, I love this so so so much :wacky:

So kind :nice:

Aww, Jamie's so nice, and seems quite good with the kids there. :wacko:

Great video. :heart:

Aww, that is very sweet. doing his little workshop :lol:

Jamie has a very nice accent too :wacky:

Oh God imagine that accent saying flirty words to you......:stunned::stunned::stunned: I really hope you guys get to meet them during your shows!I am sending good karma your way!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I can't keep up with you girls :disappointed:

Your pic is absolutely awesome Shani :wacky:

*HUGS TIGHT* Perrine thank you BB!!! And I feel so badly-I think I passed some of your replies to me up-I honestly didn't mean too I swear!!!!!! :embarrassed: I :heart: YOU!!!!

Yes, I love this so so so much :wacky:

So kind :nice:

Aww, Jamie's so nice, and seems quite good with the kids there. :wacko:

Great video. :heart:

He's such a good man isn't he? And he always seems like such a sunny, happy guy-albeit a badass!:sneaky:-I've read that he himself says he gets grumpy and moody, but I honestly cannot picture it! (I mean I'm sure he does, he's human, but still!:D)

JKHSEUREIRKREJDURTIOEURTI405OER;FDLV;LA';R

Screenshot2010-11-06at12432PM.png

I asked Jeff last week what it was like to work with Damon and Liam both... and look at his reply DM to me lsdkfjioeurtire HAHAHHAH!! He totally loves Damon more! LMFAO! :lol:

This is AWESOME-Jeff confirms what we already know! TOO GREAT!!!!:D:D:D

Eeeek! I'm feeling the hate on tumblr tonight for some reason. I hate it when crazy Blur fans diss Gorillaz and Jamie and vice versa when Gorillaz fans diss Blur :wreck: can't you be a fan of both?!

let's have some cuteness with all this negativity.

tumblr_kxa1en8dfE1qa02uno1_500.jpg

:heart:

Oh I just love this video. He's so fucking sweet! I just love how great he is with the kids! Plus I learned how to animate :laugh3:

JKHSEUREIRKREJDURTIOEURTI405OER;FDLV;LA';R

Screenshot2010-11-06at12432PM.png

I asked Jeff last week what it was like to work with Damon and Liam both... and look at his reply DM to me lsdkfjioeurtire HAHAHHAH!! He totally loves Damon more! LMFAO! :lol:

This is so damn cool! I'm so not surprised though. What he said about Damon is so sweet. It's really a testament to Damon that so many musicians keep coming back to work with him. It shows how good of a person he is, but also how talented - that they want to be a part of what he's doing. It's just so nice to see.

:D He's totally taken a shine to you, Liz :wink3:

He tweeted something about going into the studio to do his own stuff. I wonder if he means solo stuff? That'd be cool.

Liam is INTERESTING :laugh3: :laugh3:

Thats one way to put it LOL

:laugh3:

its an awesome sig Liz :lol:

Shani, after hearing your story with jamie, and seeing more pictures on tumblr of him, I'm having a serious Jamie crush atm :wacky:

Me too!!

Eeeek! I'm feeling the hate on tumblr tonight for some reason. I hate it when crazy Blur fans diss Gorillaz and Jamie and vice versa when Gorillaz fans diss Blur :wreck: can't you be a fan of both?!

let's have some cuteness with all this negativity.

tumblr_kxa1en8dfE1qa02uno1_500.jpg

:heart:

What? Really? I've seen some of it on the Blur forum, but I haven't come across it on Tumblr. I really can't understand that. I mean, if you don't like one or the other, then fine, but there's no need to get all bitchy about it. Some people can get pretty petty about these things though. That makes me sad though :(

Those pics!! Cuteness overload. He was such an adorable child.

^ LOL D, you're making me blush, I hope Jeffy keeps up these DMs though :wink3:

And oh god, I hope I didn't get him in trouble by publishing that DM he sent :wreck: Man Oasis fans are fucking crazy as I saw some of them reblogging this from me and being all upset at what he said about Liam hahaha! They were like, "so that's why it's in a DM.. he doesn't want to lose his job from Liam" and all this other shit. I kind of feel bad posting it now. :( But I mean it's the truth.

And yes!!! Ugh, for some reason just some people are being immature on tumblr tonight. Going as far to making fun of Jamie's looks and saying he does nothing in Gorillaz besides some drawings. They seriously treat him like the Yoko Ono of Blur or something. It's really surprising on the Blur forums to how so much blame is put on Damon for starting Gorillaz. It's like so many people are holding a grudge. I hate fandoms sometimes. These are real people with lives who just happen to be extremely talented. Hating Jamie, you don't even know him... I mean he was so sweet to me and everything :sad:

^ LOL D, you're making me blush, I hope Jeffy keeps up these DMs though :wink3:

And oh god, I hope I didn't get him in trouble by publishing that DM he sent :wreck: Man Oasis fans are fucking crazy as I saw some of them reblogging this from me and being all upset at what he said about Liam hahaha! They were like, "so that's why it's in a DM.. he doesn't want to lose his job from Liam" and all this other shit. I kind of feel bad posting it now. :( But I mean it's the truth.

And yes!!! Ugh, for some reason just some people are being immature on tumblr tonight. Going as far to making fun of Jamie's looks and saying he does nothing in Gorillaz besides some drawings. They seriously treat him like the Yoko Ono of Blur or something. It's really surprising on the Blur forums to how so much blame is put on Damon for starting Gorillaz. It's like so many people are holding a grudge. I hate fandoms sometimes. These are real people with lives who just happen to be extremely talented. Hating Jamie, you don't even know him... I mean he was so sweet to me and everything :sad:

Ooh yeaaah, he's totally digging the L-bear :laugh3:

Don't worry about it! I mean, c'mon! Not even the most fanatical Oasis fan could disagree with what Jeff said. I mean he didn't say anything unkind...exactly :laugh3:

:stunned::stunned: Seriously? How could anyone say that about Jamie?! Wow! That is unbelievably mean. He's a beautiful man - inside and out and incredibly talented. I mean, like I said, you don't have to be a fan but why be fucking nasty? People can be such dicks. Let them try and do what he does. That has made me really mad :veryangry:

Exactly - Damon cannot be blamed for starting Gorillaz. Blur had broken down. They just didn't wanna do it any more. He wanted to continue to make music, so why the hell shouldn't he. Nobody can be blamed for it. For fuck sake, they all had their crap to deal with and they needed time to do it. Some people's attitudes really annoy me. You're right, they seem to think that because someone is famous or whatever that they're not affected by the same things that other people are.

Phew. Sorry for those rants!

LMFAOOOO!! I seriously just spit coke zero out on my cat with reading "digging the L-bear" :laugh3::laugh3: If only. Hey Jeffy I think it's time to take our twitter relationship to the next level :wink3: lol jk jk!!

Umm idk.. you should see some of the Oasis fans on tumblr. They are so hypocritical, they are always talking about how Britpop is over and shouldn't be taken seriously and then go and like bash blur and damon to bits still.

Ok I've heard it all though on tumblr since I've been there, you'd be surprised some of the nasty stories that they come up with. That Damon only befriended Jamie to get back at Graham for starting his own solo album (which is interesting because everyone get's mad at Damon for Gorillaz butyou know Graham started his solo stuff way even before all that.. no blame at all to Graham.. they just wanted to do something different musically nothing wrong). Then Jamie eventually convinced Damon to get Graham to leave the band while they were living together. THEN Damon only toured and made Think Tank to roll in the dough to have enough money to devote to the next Gorillaz album. Some have even gone as far as to say the Blur reunion was Damon's last option in order to get enough money for Plastic Beach :stunned: Complete shit. I don't follow these people on tumblr anymore.. but man some of the stories they've cooked up. It disgusts me.

With that said... I can honestly say that Damon looked so happy at my Gorillaz concert, if this is really what is going to make him the happiest then let him do it people. He probably still relates Blur with a lot of other hurtful things that happened in his life back then. Just give him time, it's not like he's completely abandoned Blur.