✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

I KNOW kdsfkjdkrte I'm still cracking up!! LULLLZZZ.

Lots of nice things to say about Damon though!!

I think I should sig this one instead as it's HILARIOUS!

tumblr_lbh2faQQ2C1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

Jeffy y u so cute :wacky:

OMG That IS cute!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

its an awesome sig Liz :lol:

Shani, after hearing your story with jamie, and seeing more pictures on tumblr of him, I'm having a serious Jamie crush atm :wacky:

Right????:D He truly went above what I thought of him to be. (I don't wanna say 'expected' of him, there's just too much that rides on the word 'expect' as I don't truly know the guy, as wonderful as he was/is! ;)) Girl if the powers that be will it (and I pray they do, I really REALLY want you to meet him :D) I think you will be officially sold. ;)

Eeeek! I'm feeling the hate on tumblr tonight for some reason. I hate it when crazy Blur fans diss Gorillaz and Jamie and vice versa when Gorillaz fans diss Blur :wreck: can't you be a fan of both?!

let's have some cuteness with all this negativity.

tumblr_kxa1en8dfE1qa02uno1_500.jpg

:heart:

Are you fucking kidding me right now? What did I miss when I was out? :inquisitive:

And Baby Damon!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

^ LOL D, you're making me blush, I hope Jeffy keeps up these DMs though :wink3:

And oh god, I hope I didn't get him in trouble by publishing that DM he sent :wreck: Man Oasis fans are fucking crazy as I saw some of them reblogging this from me and being all upset at what he said about Liam hahaha! They were like, "so that's why it's in a DM.. he doesn't want to lose his job from Liam" and all this other shit. I kind of feel bad posting it now. :( But I mean it's the truth.

And yes!!! Ugh, for some reason just some people are being immature on tumblr tonight. Going as far to making fun of Jamie's looks and saying he does nothing in Gorillaz besides some drawings. They seriously treat him like the Yoko Ono of Blur or something. It's really surprising on the Blur forums to how so much blame is put on Damon for starting Gorillaz. It's like so many people are holding a grudge. I hate fandoms sometimes. These are real people with lives who just happen to be extremely talented. Hating Jamie, you don't even know him... I mean he was so sweet to me and everything :sad:

OH NO! :laugh3: Lizzy hunny don't worry about it-people reblog their DMs all the time-and I bet it isn't 'brand new information' between Jeff/Liam/Damon, ya know what I mean? Damon obviously was making a statement when he snagged Jeff for Gorillaz! :laugh3:

OK-shit just got real for me. First off, why are the Blur-only fans just now coming out with this all of a sudden? Is it because they've been seeing how fun and successful the ETPB tour is being so far? That Damon is possibly feeling happy and fulfilled with this stage in his life and sadly its not with Blur? I love Blur too, but, aside from aanother possible reunion thing, that part of the guys' life may now be a closed chapter-they all have different things going on in their lives. It happens. Life evolves. Doors shut and doors open. Pull up your big-boy pants and deal with it. :veryangry2:

As for the Jamie-hate that you're talking of-although I don't know the guy, my defenses are kicking in. Jamie did NOT break up the band-Graham did NOT break up the band. Graham had issues that alienated people from him-those are NOT his fault. Depression does that-its not something that you can control-it sadly can control you. And lets remember that these guys were all young and had crazy-success that causes crazy consequences-they guys ARE human after all. And I am sure they learned from their mistakes. Thats what we do-we live and learn, and we evolve. And who knows-Jamie and Graham could have a great relationship now. But bottom line, it's done, it's over, it's LIFE. And maybe Jamie did have a crazy past (I would not doubt it!!!!!) But I tell ya, the sweet, gentle, giving, selfless flirt I met on Oct. 26 in PHX is the man I believe him to be-and the fact that basis for Gorillaz IS that it's a virtual band-FUCK YES JAMIE GETS THE CREDIT FOR THE SUCCESS!!!!!! YES Gorillaz is about the music-but its also about a unique artistic form we have never seen before IN music. And my God, after watching that video and for people to say the shit they are about him now.....I have no words for that right now......only this......:veryangry2::veryangry2::veryangry2:

Sorry guys! Did that make sense? I drink WAAAAAAY too much coffee at times!!! :inquisitive::inquisitive::inquisitive:

Ooh yeaaah, he's totally digging the L-bear :laugh3:

Don't worry about it! I mean, c'mon! Not even the most fanatical Oasis fan could disagree with what Jeff said. I mean he didn't say anything unkind...exactly :laugh3:

:stunned::stunned: Seriously? How could anyone say that about Jamie?! Wow! That is unbelievably mean. He's a beautiful man - inside and out and incredibly talented. I mean, like I said, you don't have to be a fan but why be fucking nasty? People can be such dicks. Let them try and do what he does. That has made me really mad :veryangry:

Exactly - Damon cannot be blamed for starting Gorillaz. Blur had broken down. They just didn't wanna do it any more. He wanted to continue to make music, so why the hell shouldn't he. Nobody can be blamed for it. For fuck sake, they all had their crap to deal with and they needed time to do it. Some people's attitudes really annoy me. You're right, they seem to think that because someone is famous or whatever that they're not affected by the same things that other people are.

Phew. Sorry for those rants!

Oh Girl, don't even worry about it-just read mine! :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Seriously though, I cannot handle the bat-shit crazies of fandom. They need to chill the fuck out.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh3: Awww, poor Graham!

That's so ridiculous. Life is far too short to devote your time to hating someone. I don't really have any experience with Oasis fans except for the ridiculous human beings who trawl through every blur video just to say "Blur are shite". Which is kinda funny actually.

Whoa! That is some serious convoluted shit! Why would someone think so badly of someone without any reason at all? So unkind. Well, it just shows how their minds work. It says more about them than it does about anyone else.

I know! He just seems to be so happy with what he's doing. And he's not tied down to anything in particular. He can do whatever the hell he wants to! I don't think we've heard the last of Blur at all. I could totally see how he might still associate it with negative things that happened, it's only natural - they are fresher in his memory than the old days. He is just human.

A genius, sexy human :wink3::D

LMFAOOOO!! I seriously just spit coke zero out on my cat with reading "digging the L-bear" :laugh3::laugh3: If only. Hey Jeffy I think it's time to take our twitter relationship to the next level :wink3: lol jk jk!!

Umm idk.. you should see some of the Oasis fans on tumblr. They are so hypocritical, they are always talking about how Britpop is over and shouldn't be taken seriously and then go and like bash blur and damon to bits still.

Ok I've heard it all though on tumblr since I've been there, you'd be surprised some of the nasty stories that they come up with. That Damon only befriended Jamie to get back at Graham for starting his own solo album (which is interesting because everyone get's mad at Damon for Gorillaz butyou know Graham started his solo stuff way even before all that.. no blame at all to Graham.. they just wanted to do something different musically nothing wrong). Then Jamie eventually convinced Damon to get Graham to leave the band while they were living together. THEN Damon only toured and made Think Tank to roll in the dough to have enough money to devote to the next Gorillaz album. Some have even gone as far as to say the Blur reunion was Damon's last option in order to get enough money for Plastic Beach :stunned: Complete shit. I don't follow these people on tumblr anymore.. but man some of the stories they've cooked up. It disgusts me.

With that said... I can honestly say that Damon looked so happy at my Gorillaz concert, if this is really what is going to make him the happiest then let him do it people. He probably still relates Blur with a lot of other hurtful things that happened in his life back then. Just give him time, it's not like he's completely abandoned Blur.

UGH!!!! These anal dipshits, seriously. :veryangry2:

And Damon is clearly having the time of his life on this tour-it's sad that these ****s can't deal with that! I guess they were never true Damon fans to begin with? OUCH-that must hurt, right? :\

:laugh3: Awww, poor Graham!

That's so ridiculous. Life is far too short to devote your time to hating someone. I don't really have any experience with Oasis fans except for the ridiculous human beings who trawl through every blur video just to say "Blur are shite". Which is kinda funny actually.

Whoa! That is some serious convoluted shit! Why would someone think so badly of someone without any reason at all? So unkind. Well, it just shows how their minds work. It says more about them than it does about anyone else.

I know! He just seems to be so happy with what he's doing. And he's not tied down to anything in particular. He can do whatever the hell he wants to! I don't think we've heard the last of Blur at all. I could totally see how he might still associate it with negative things that happened, it's only natural - they are fresher in his memory than the old days. He is just human.

A genius, sexy human :wink3::D

ALL of this!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Seriously! People can be such dicks.

I cannot believe the concert is just 5 days away. I'm getting nervous! I just hope everything falls into place alright. Plans are a little unclear at the minute. I'm sure everything will work out fine though. I am going to be in the same room as Damon, Cass, half the Clash, Rosie.......ahkjgijiihlope!

I think that probably is some of it, they are seeing so many Gorillaz fans meeting the guys this tour and oh BIG SURPRISE.. JAMIE ACTUALLY IS REALLLY SWEET TO EVERYONE!! It must blow their minds, he's not the evil dark lord they've made him out to be.

And don't worry I doubt you guys are following any of these select idiots.. I only saw some of it since I went creepin' around once I got a whiff of their hate :angry: Oddly enough these people are big Brett Anderson fans and Damon fans.. WEIRD how can you hate Jamie but love Brett Anderson and Damon at the same time? :wtf: I dont understand.

I cannot believe the concert is just 5 days away. I'm getting nervous! I just hope everything falls into place alright. Plans are a little unclear at the minute. I'm sure everything will work out fine though. I am going to be in the same room as Damon, Cass, half the Clash, Rosie.......ahkjgijiihlope!

shoifuioerutiouer DUDE IT'S SO CLOSE OMFG :dead:

Just think D... this could be you in a few :dead:

71811_445042453036_688358036_5468275_8171184_n.jpg

BB you are gonna be AWESOME!!!!!! *HUGS* This is how I felt just before everything-it all came together maybe about 3 days beforehand-you are gonna have an AMAZING time!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I think that probably is some of it, they are seeing so many Gorillaz fans meeting the guys this tour and oh BIG SURPRISE.. JAMIE ACTUALLY IS REALLLY SWEET TO EVERYONE!! It must blow their minds, he's not the evil dark lord they've made him out to be.

And don't worry I doubt you guys are following any of these select idiots.. I only saw some of it since I went creepin' around once I got a whiff of their hate :angry: Oddly enough these people are big Brett Anderson fans and Damon fans.. WEIRD how can you hate Jamie but love Brett Anderson and Damon at the same time? :wtf: I dont understand.

Yeah, if you're going to be so petty at least be consistant! Total dickheads! It probably bothers them too that if they were to meet oasis they'd probably get glassed, or at least told to "fook off" :laugh3::laugh3:

SORRY LIAM! Couldn't help myself! (where is Liam, anyway? He was fun! And Damon James Albarn of course)

It's true though, they probably are getting pissed off at how the fans are being treated so well and how there's no ego. That's something that I'm sure they've being accusing Damon of, and here's proof that he's anything but, and it's making them really angry. That's my guess anyway.

shoifuioerutiouer DUDE IT'S SO CLOSE OMFG :dead:

Just think D... this could be you in a few :dead:

71811_445042453036_688358036_5468275_8171184_n.jpg

Ooh, don't get me all excited. I really hope I don't chicken out. I'm pretty shy and this is Damon we're talking about! I remember when a really minor celebrity came to my town (like he was only famous here) and I had really liked him since I was a kid but my friends went up to him and told him I was "crazy about him" which was a total exaggeration, but then I was too embarrased to go up to him in case he thought I was a nitjob or something! That's a long time ago, but I hope I don't run away again if I am lucky enough to be near him after! :D :laugh3:

Well did I tell you guys my slight meeting of Noel Gallagher in London story yet? It was after the Kasabian gig.. they're all pals ya know and he came out and signed two things for these two guys and a bunch of other girls who I had met at the gig had all been waiting patiently to meet him in the rain. He said "no more!!" and went inside. So basically a big "fook off to ya ladies" I wasn't surprised. And here Damon is making a showing of coming out and getting to all ze ladies on this tour :wink3:

Oh no!! You will do fine D!!! You might be surprised.. Damon might just give you that lil side hug there and calm you down :lol:

BTW :dozey: lookit this pathetic anon message someone just left us on the Damon Albarn tumblr, fits perfectly with what we were just talking about.. im sure I can just guess at who sent it too:

"fuck this blogggg DAMON IS SUCKIN FUCKING JAMEI HERRRLETTS DICK EVERYNIGHT FUCK YOU BOTH "

I'm just going to delete it, but really I kind of want to laugh.. Jamei Herrrlett :laugh3::laugh3:

What the actual fuck is wrong with people?! :facepalm:

Seriously because these people are petty immature tools that live for the drama of it all and have sad lives. Its so disgusting.

And Jamie is such a doll. It hurts me that people say this shit about him.

Yeah, if you're going to be so petty at least be consistant! Total dickheads! It probably bothers them too that if they were to meet oasis they'd probably get glassed, or at least told to "fook off" :laugh3::laugh3:

SORRY LIAM! Couldn't help myself! (where is Liam, anyway? He was fun! And Damon James Albarn of course)

It's true though, they probably are getting pissed off at how the fans are being treated so well and how there's no ego. That's something that I'm sure they've being accusing Damon of, and here's proof that he's anything but, and it's making them really angry. That's my guess anyway.

Ooh, don't get me all excited. I really hope I don't chicken out. I'm pretty shy and this is Damon we're talking about! I remember when a really minor celebrity came to my town (like he was only famous here) and I had really liked him since I was a kid but my friends went up to him and told him I was "crazy about him" which was a total exaggeration, but then I was too embarrased to go up to him in case he thought I was a nitjob or something! That's a long time ago, but I hope I don't run away again if I am lucky enough to be near him after! :D :laugh3:

LOL!!! And isn't that the cardinal rule of Jamion? They don't tolerate the rock-star ego thing? Thats the irony right there! :laugh3: If Oasis fans want fricken divas they need look no further than their idols for crying out loud!

I think Damon needs to bring his pal Jamie over here to play sometime, know whaddi mean? :sneaky:

And BB you're gonna be great! You know, I thought for sure I was gonna get all nervous about meeting these guys, but this weird calm came over me-like I was inches from Damon and was eerily chill! :laugh3: And when Jamie came out someone was saying something about the Tank Girl movie and he mentioned Arizona-I looked him in the eye (like I would anyone else) and said, 'Tank Girl was made here?' and he's like 'yup'. I actually felt very calm, relaxed and myself with these guys. You'll be surprised how easy it is! *HUGS*

Well did I tell you guys my slight meeting of Noel Gallagher in London story yet? It was after the Kasabian gig.. they're all pals ya know and he came out and signed two things for these two guys and a bunch of other girls who I had met at the gig had all been waiting patiently to meet him in the rain. He said "no more!!" and went inside. So basically a big "fook off to ya ladies" I wasn't surprised. And here Damon is making a showing of coming out and getting to all ze ladies on this tour :wink3:

Oh no!! You will do fine D!!! You might be surprised.. Damon might just give you that lil side hug there and calm you down :lol:

BTW :dozey: lookit this pathetic anon message someone just left us on the Damon Albarn tumblr, fits perfectly with what we were just talking about.. im sure I can just guess at who sent it too:

"fuck this blogggg DAMON IS SUCKIN FUCKING JAMEI HERRRLETTS DICK EVERYNIGHT FUCK YOU BOTH "

I'm just going to delete it, but really I kind of want to laugh.. Jamei Herrrlett :laugh3::laugh3:

:laugh3: Yeah not surprised about Noel there! And isn't he supposed to be the nicer one of the brothers? :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

OMG that reply. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Children I tell ya!

I think we're very supportive fans. :|

JKHSEUREIRKREJDURTIOEURTI405OER;FDLV;LA';R

Screenshot2010-11-06at12432PM.png

I asked Jeff last week what it was like to work with Damon and Liam both... and look at his reply DM to me lsdkfjioeurtire HAHAHHAH!! He totally loves Damon more! LMFAO! :lol:

:laugh3::laugh3: Liam has his moments rofl

tumblr_lbh2faQQ2C1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

Jeffy y u so cute :wacky:

He is quite cute. :wacko:

Eeeek! I'm feeling the hate on tumblr tonight for some reason. I hate it when crazy Blur fans diss Gorillaz and Jamie and vice versa when Gorillaz fans diss Blur :wreck: can't you be a fan of both?!

let's have some cuteness with all this negativity.

tumblr_kxa1en8dfE1qa02uno1_500.jpg

:heart:

LOL, I bet all the hate happened when I was asleep. Screw timezones.

Anyway, what's with the sudden hate against Jamie? Jamie plays a big role in Gorillaz, maybe not upfront, but backstage definitely. The visual arts and the Gorillaz drawings, fuck it, Jamie's godly. I wish I could meet him.

Maybe the Blur fans are just angry that Damon pays more attention to Gorillaz atm compared to Blur. Lulz.

And Gorillaz fans dissing Blur? :wtf: Blur is an amazing band!

Can't each be tolerant to each other?! If a fan doesn't like one of the bands, then don't listen to the music of that band. And what's the point in dissing so much and without concrete opinions? It doesn't give off a knowledgeable impression.

And oddly, I think Damon in his 20s looks better than kid Damon. :lol:

Okay, odd comparison. :uhoh:

Oddly enough these people are big Brett Anderson fans and Damon fans.. WEIRD how can you hate Jamie but love Brett Anderson and Damon at the same time? :wtf: I dont understand.

:wtf::wtf: ROFL.

And yes!!! Ugh, for some reason just some people are being immature on tumblr tonight. Going as far to making fun of Jamie's looks and saying he does nothing in Gorillaz besides some drawings. They seriously treat him like the Yoko Ono of Blur or something. It's really surprising on the Blur forums to how so much blame is put on Damon for starting Gorillaz. It's like so many people are holding a grudge. I hate fandoms sometimes. These are real people with lives who just happen to be extremely talented. Hating Jamie, you don't even know him... I mean he was so sweet to me and everything :sad:

:stunned::stunned: Seriously? How could anyone say that about Jamie?! Wow! That is unbelievably mean. He's a beautiful man - inside and out and incredibly talented. I mean, like I said, you don't have to be a fan but why be fucking nasty? People can be such dicks. Let them try and do what he does. That has made me really mad :veryangry:

Exactly - Damon cannot be blamed for starting Gorillaz. Blur had broken down. They just didn't wanna do it any more. He wanted to continue to make music, so why the hell shouldn't he. Nobody can be blamed for it. For fuck sake, they all had their crap to deal with and they needed time to do it. Some people's attitudes really annoy me. You're right, they seem to think that because someone is famous or whatever that they're not affected by the same things that other people are.

OK-shit just got real for me. First off, why are the Blur-only fans just now coming out with this all of a sudden? Is it because they've been seeing how fun and successful the ETPB tour is being so far? That Damon is possibly feeling happy and fulfilled with this stage in his life and sadly its not with Blur? I love Blur too, but, aside from aanother possible reunion thing, that part of the guys' life may now be a closed chapter-they all have different things going on in their lives. It happens. Life evolves. Doors shut and doors open. Pull up your big-boy pants and deal with it. :veryangry2:

As for the Jamie-hate that you're talking of-although I don't know the guy, my defenses are kicking in. Jamie did NOT break up the band-Graham did NOT break up the band. Graham had issues that alienated people from him-those are NOT his fault. Depression does that-its not something that you can control-it sadly can control you. And lets remember that these guys were all young and had crazy-success that causes crazy consequences-they guys ARE human after all. And I am sure they learned from their mistakes. Thats what we do-we live and learn, and we evolve. And who knows-Jamie and Graham could have a great relationship now. But bottom line, it's done, it's over, it's LIFE. And maybe Jamie did have a crazy past (I would not doubt it!!!!!) But I tell ya, the sweet, gentle, giving, selfless flirt I met on Oct. 26 in PHX is the man I believe him to be-and the fact that basis for Gorillaz IS that it's a virtual band-FUCK YES JAMIE GETS THE CREDIT FOR THE SUCCESS!!!!!! YES Gorillaz is about the music-but its also about a unique artistic form we have never seen before IN music. And my God, after watching that video and for people to say the shit they are about him now.....I have no words for that right now......only this......:veryangry2::veryangry2::veryangry2:

Just quoting a few bits of what you all said, as I agree with all of you here. It really is silly what these people have been doing, are they filled with that much hate for someone that they have to go onto the internet and write their thoughts on the subject? They can dislike Jamie is they want, but christ, there's no need to vent their anger where fans can read it. This doesnt achieve anything at all.

Jamie does plenty, I totally believe they do equal amounts for the Gorrillaz thing. Sure Damon does alot of the 'showcasing', he performs it to the fans, recording the songs, doing the live shows, etc etc. But Jamie does the visual things, with is involved in the album artwork, and the live shows too. Jamie is the visual contributer, Damon contributes through his music. This is perfectly clear and is such a great way to work to bring that idea together of Gorillaz as a package.

Blur clearly will not mean as much to the four of them as it did when they was 20 years younger and looking to make a success of the band. Obviously they have other focuses as well now, family, and its just normal as you get older to gain new interests and new passions that you want to fulfill. I think anyone can tell from NDLTR that they still care very much about Blur and each other, but they don't need or want to devote all their time now to Blur, and they don't have to. As long as Damon is doing the music he is passionate about and I enjoy the music he makes, thats fine by me. I would love to see Blur get together again, but only for the right reasons and good music.

Ahhhhh! I hope you meet Damon, and whoever else you want to! :D

Mine is in.......9 days. Woah I didn't realise it was so close :lol:

Thanks Shani, but I ask you the question, are you more of a Jamie girl now, or do you love him and Damon equally? :sneaky:

Ahhhhh! I hope you meet Damon, and whoever Thanks Shani, but I ask you the question, are you more of a Jamie girl now, or do you love him and Damon equally? :sneaky:

HEHEHE!!!!!! I WANNA BE IN A JAMION SAMMICH! :sneaky: (Hope thats not too TMI!!! :wink3:)

Oh my god! What a knob! Can't say I'm surprised though... jus' sayin'... :dozey:

The calming Albarn touch :D. That I can do. Oh. Yeah. :D

It has to be the same person sending them all. It'd be just too depressing to think there are several of these losers. They're so ridiculous, they're kinda funny! Idiots.

Seriously because these people are petty immature tools that live for the drama of it all and have sad lives. Its so disgusting.

And Jamie is such a doll. It hurts me that people say this shit about him.

LOL!!! And isn't that the cardinal rule of Jamion? They don't tolerate the rock-star ego thing? Thats the irony right there! :laugh3: If Oasis fans want fricken divas they need look no further than their idols for crying out loud!

I think Damon needs to bring his pal Jamie over here to play sometime, know whaddi mean? :sneaky:

And BB you're gonna be great! You know, I thought for sure I was gonna get all nervous about meeting these guys, but this weird calm came over me-like I was inches from Damon and was eerily chill! :laugh3: And when Jamie came out someone was saying something about the Tank Girl movie and he mentioned Arizona-I looked him in the eye (like I would anyone else) and said, 'Tank Girl was made here?' and he's like 'yup'. I actually felt very calm, relaxed and myself with these guys. You'll be surprised how easy it is! *HUGS*

Exactly, they have nothing better to do. I can't understand why they're targeting Jamie all of a sudden though. *Sigh*.

That's cool. Fingers crossed. I suppose when you actually meet them, you realise that they are just people. I mean I'm aware of that, but you know what I mean! You just talk to them normally! I don't want to get my hopes up though! I really don't know if it'll happen. I'm familiar enough with the venue, and there are several exits that could be theirs and with no buses to guide me I'm afraid I'll be waiting at the wrong one and miss them. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I think we're very supportive fans. :|

:laugh3::laugh3: Liam has his moments rofl

He is quite cute. :wacko:

LOL, I bet all the hate happened when I was asleep. Screw timezones.

Anyway, what's with the sudden hate against Jamie? Jamie plays a big role in Gorillaz, maybe not upfront, but backstage definitely. The visual arts and the Gorillaz drawings, fuck it, Jamie's godly. I wish I could meet him.

Maybe the Blur fans are just angry that Damon pays more attention to Gorillaz atm compared to Blur. Lulz.

And Gorillaz fans dissing Blur? :wtf: Blur is an amazing band!

Can't each be tolerant to each other?! If a fan doesn't like one of the bands, then don't listen to the music of that band. And what's the point in dissing so much and without concrete opinions? It doesn't give off a knowledgeable impression.

And oddly, I think Damon in his 20s looks better than kid Damon. :lol:

Okay, odd comparison. :uhoh:

:wtf::wtf: ROFL.

We are supportive fans! And you're so right. I don't get the hate from one group of fans to another. Surely if you're a fan of Damon's from whichever group you'd want him to do well. He's the same person FFS. If you're a fan why would you be bitching. Just don't get it.

I'm feeling really protective of Jamie over this! Grrr. Idiots. :veryangry2:

I'm alternating between laughing at how pathetic they are!

Just quoting a few bits of what you all said, as I agree with all of you here. It really is silly what these people have been doing, are they filled with that much hate for someone that they have to go onto the internet and write their thoughts on the subject? They can dislike Jamie is they want, but christ, there's no need to vent their anger where fans can read it. This doesnt achieve anything at all.

Jamie does plenty, I totally believe they do equal amounts for the Gorrillaz thing. Sure Damon does alot of the 'showcasing', he performs it to the fans, recording the songs, doing the live shows, etc etc. But Jamie does the visual things, with is involved in the album artwork, and the live shows too. Jamie is the visual contributer, Damon contributes through his music. This is perfectly clear and is such a great way to work to bring that idea together of Gorillaz as a package.

Blur clearly will not mean as much to the four of them as it did when they was 20 years younger and looking to make a success of the band. Obviously they have other focuses as well now, family, and its just normal as you get older to gain new interests and new passions that you want to fulfill. I think anyone can tell from NDLTR that they still care very much about Blur and each other, but they don't need or want to devote all their time now to Blur, and they don't have to. As long as Damon is doing the music he is passionate about and I enjoy the music he makes, thats fine by me. I would love to see Blur get together again, but only for the right reasons and good music.

Ahhhhh! I hope you meet Damon, and whoever else you want to! :D

Mine is in.......9 days. Woah I didn't realise it was so close :lol:

Totally agree with all you said there!

Aw, thank you! I'm so excited for you too! Are you going to try to meet them too?

Time is moving so fast. Even though I've been waiting for it for so long I still can't believe it's so near :)

OMG totally this. When you're done Shani, of course :laugh3::laugh3:

(I'm sooo sorry. :whip:)

HAHA!!!!!!! *HIGH FIVE* :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: (We so need a 'high-five' smiley in here, donchya think? :D)

I think you're gonna be an awesome star at your show! Have you been to the venue before? Do you know where the busses are usually stationed at? For me I lucked out because one-Comerica (formerly Dodge) Theater is a fairly small vevue (which made it a perfect fit for the AZ show-the audience was over 3/4ths full) and the bus-docking is in a very open area.

I know you're gonna meet them BB!!!! You're gonna have the time of your life! :heart:

HAHA!!!!!!! *HIGH FIVE* :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: (We so need a 'high-five' smiley in here, donchya think? :D)

I think you're gonna be an awesome star at your show! Have you been to the venue before? Do you know where the busses are usually stationed at? For me I lucked out because one-Comerica (formerly Dodge) Theater is a fairly small vevue (which made it a perfect fit for the AZ show-the audience was over 3/4ths full) and the bus-docking is in a very open area.

I know you're gonna meet them BB!!!! You're gonna have the time of your life! :heart:

Whoop whoop! :D

Aw, shucks! Thanks! :D Yeh I've been there a good few times. It's been redecorated since I was there last, but the outside is the same. I've never tried to meet anyone after a gig before, so I never really paid any attention to the exits, except to notice that there seems to be several. I've never noticed buses before for the same reason, so it's gonna have to be guesswork. The venue is pretty open as well though, as in you can see a lot around the building. So if by any chance they do have busses I'll be able to see. So fingers crossed they do!

I know I'll be ecstastic having seen them live anyway! Meeting them would just be a massive bonus! xx

Aw, shucks! Thanks! :D Yeh I've been there a good few times. It's been redecorated since I was there last, but the outside is the same. I've never tried to meet anyone after a gig before, so I never really paid any attention to the exits, except to notice that there seems to be several. I've never noticed buses before for the same reason, so it's gonna have to be guesswork. The venue is pretty open as well though, as in you can see a lot around the building. So if by any chance they do have busses I'll be able to see. So fingers crossed they do!

I know I'll be ecstastic having seen them live anyway! Meeting them would just be a massive bonus! xx

I :heart: your view on this to be honest! :D It's always good to go into something like this with no expectations. That way you come back with an amazing experience always no matter what! *HUGS*

That Damon & Jamie hate is really stupid. I mean, they create all this kind of nonsensical stories, believing themselves that they have some credibility.

Pathtetic.

Oh, CockleHocker, if you get to meet Smoggy, can you tell him he is the best bodyguard ever xD?

RIGHT??? This is one of the biggest reasons I hate getting into fandoms-the other one is the more BSC-variety fans-you know the ones who follow their heroes around, constantly meet them and think they are 'besties.':rolleyes: I won't even get into that! :\

Smoggy! :heart: such a good guy! :D And I say that in a very non BSC way! :laugh3:

You know tho, right now I'm just more amused with that anon Jamie hate on tumblr right now.. they nicknames that person gave us for them is priceless :laugh3:

Jamie Harlot & Damon Whorebarn! :laugh3: They can't be serious! But I'm totally gonna start calling them that from now on :wink3:

That's the attitude :nice:

So far no one's had especially bad luck that I've heard of (Ok well except those poor TX people.. but I think that had more to do with the venue than the guys).

:hug:

That Damon & Jamie hate is really stupid. I mean, they create all this kind of nonsensical stories, believing themselves that they have some credibility.

Pathtetic.

Oh, CockleHocker, if you get to meet Smoggy, can you tell him he is the best bodyguard ever xD?

PLEASE DO! :blush:

Hahah he's getting his own little following of fans now!:P

Aw, thank you! I'm so excited for you too! Are you going to try to meet them too?

Time is moving so fast. Even though I've been waiting for it for so long I still can't believe it's so near :)

Thanks! Hmm, I probably won't, but if ti ends up happening for whatever reason it will be a bonus :lol: I'm just happy to see Gorillaz live and see that Damon is a real person in front of my eyes :laugh3: :wacky:

I agree, it goes so slowly but suddenly catches up with you

I :heart: your view on this to be honest! :D It's always good to go into something like this with no expectations. That way you come back with an amazing experience always no matter what! *HUGS*

My thoughts exactly! :heart:

:D I totally plan to. I really hope I get to meet Smoggy!

PLEASE DO! :blush:

Hahah he's getting his own little following of fans now!:P

I know! I love Smoggy! So much more since I heard your story. He seems like such a sweetheart!

Thanks! Hmm, I probably won't, but if ti ends up happening for whatever reason it will be a bonus :lol: I'm just happy to see Gorillaz live and see that Damon is a real person in front of my eyes :laugh3: :wacky:

I agree, it goes so slowly but suddenly catches up with you

Exactly! You might end up running into them without even trying :D