✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

^^ LMFAOOOOO!!! :laugh3: GRAHAM I LOVE YOU!

He sounds like such a little kid... "to people who think my voice is awful.. i think they are pig ugly and at least i am not that. " :laugh3: no Graham.. you are quite beautiful.

You tell 'em Graham!

See that's why I'm happy we have this little place, knowing that Graham creeps around the Blur forums... ehhh hahaha I might not say all the things I dolol.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Louise!

Graham oh Graham <3

"Fuck it who cares" and pig ugly :laugh3::laugh3: I like the way he thinks! TROLOLOL

And oh my, he only took lessons for saxophone? And he plays guitar like a god but he learned all on himself? :dead: /finds it hard to believe how a person can be this godly

See that's why I'm happy we have this little place, knowing that Graham creeps around the Blur forums... ehhh hahaha I might not say all the things I dolol.

I agree. xD

It would be pretty awkward. :uhoh2:

Imagine if Damon sees us posting pictures of wet Damon and us going all PAISDPAHISDPAHD :freak: at it. :|

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o

This WOULD happen back home in Seattle when I’m not there!!!!!!:(

Did everyone hear about a little girl handing Damon flowers 3 songs into the Seattle concert???? :heart: Not only that but Damo got a tattoo of the Space Needle apparently!!!

OK everybody, watch out-this is gonna be a MASSIVE PICSPAM!!!!! :o:o:o:o:o

As soon as I found out the guys went to Slave to the Needle, a top-notch tattoo franchise in the Seattle area-I googled, found they had a Facebook-and found THESE GEMS.......

STTN9.jpg

STTN8.jpg

STTN7.jpg

STTN6.jpg

STTN5.jpg

STTN4.jpg

STTN3.jpg

STTN2.jpg

STTN1.jpg

STTN.jpg

Told ya it was HUGE!!!!!!! :wink3:

OK everybody, watch out-this is gonna be a MASSIVE PICSPAM!!!!! :o:o:o:o:o

As soon as I found out the guys went to Slave to the Needle, a top-notch tattoo franchise in the Seattle area-I googled, found they had a Facebook-and found THESE GEMS.......

STTN9.jpg

STTN8.jpg

STTN7.jpg

STTN6.jpg

STTN5.jpg

STTN4.jpg

STTN3.jpg

STTN2.jpg

STTN1.jpg

STTN.jpg

Told ya it was HUGE!!!!!!! :wink3:

Thanks for the pictures, Shani! :botoxlips:

I agree with Louise, I don't really like the tatoo.

STTN2.jpg

:laugh3::laugh3: Don't cry, Damon. <3

Some news about Damon.

http://www.nme.com/news/damon-albarn/53697

Damon Albarn has formed a new band featuring drummer Tony Allen and Red Hot Chili Peppers' bassist Flea.

The band, who are currently unnamed, have "three-quarters finished" their debut album, according to Albarn.

Speaking to Stuff.co.nz, the Gorillaz and Blur man said that the new band is "centred around what [Tony] does," referring to Allen's Afrobeat background.

Of Flea, who also plays in Radiohead's Thom Yorke's side project Atoms For Peace, he explained: "Flea, of course, is an anagram for Fela and Flea is so into this music – so that's been great."

Allen and Albarn have previously played together in The Good, The Bad & The Queen, of whom Albarn said new material was also a distinct possibility. "Well, I would hope so, definitely," he explained.

Meanwhile, he also confirmed that he is working on a new Gorillaz album while touring with the band.

"I guess it's my love letter to America," he said of the project. "I used to be baffled by this place, and I guess I still am in some ways. America confused me enormously. But right now, with all that's going on, this is a good place to be and this has been a great tour."

Referring to his future plans, Albarn admitted he thinks the current Gorillaz tour will be his last for some time, saying: "There won't be another world tour for me, for anything, for five to six years."

He added: "I have a young daughter and it's just not feasible, it's too long away from home."

However, he also admitted that he plans to make a solo album, saying: "I've promised myself that one day there'll be a proper ballad record, I don't know – 'Damon Albarn Sings Ballads' or something."

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU, new stuff! Can't wait to see what else he can do! :drunk:

And going solo? YAY! Damon Albarn Sings Ballad :laugh3::laugh3: That would be interesting, from all the pop songs. :laugh3:

But what about Blur?

He sounds extremely busy. What the heck, doesn't his creativity ever run out? He's amazingly talented.

Oh my god, these pictures!! :stunned: what even? They all went together omg!!

I'm guessing they all got "sailor" themed tattoos? LOL Damon's face in these LOL

That seems like a really painful place for a tattoo though :sick: I like the little anchor tattoo... it's kind of big though.

And yeah Ly, I can't believe he's already got an album almost finished with Flea :stunned: That just came out of no where!

Something! I love how just those 4 went to get tattoos though like LOL I'm still laughing at Smoggy there hahahah!

I'm so pumped he's working with Flea though.. oh Damon you wonderful man! The Red Hot Chili Peppers are probably my fav. american band.. UGH Damon's so wonderful working with him.

I'm actually gonna make a Damon Albarn playlist probs. next week with one song from everything he's worked on. I think it will be interesting to see his voice and how it's changed and his style,etc.

Thanks Shani !!!!

But I don't like that tatoo.

Thanks for the pictures, Shani! :botoxlips:

I agree with Louise, I don't really like the tatoo.

:laugh3::laugh3: Don't cry, Damon. <3

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: I have actually noticed that people are torn in the middle about the tattoo-I mean its obviously to commemorate the PB tour but still! :lol: I :heart: all the references he's been getting to Popeye on Tumblr!

And OMG that FACE!!! :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Some news about Damon.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU, new stuff! Can't wait to see what else he can do! :drunk:

And going solo? YAY! Damon Albarn Sings Ballad :laugh3::laugh3: That would be interesting, from all the pop songs. :laugh3:

But what about Blur?

He sounds extremely busy. What the heck, doesn't his creativity ever run out? He's amazingly talented.

I :heart; that article-and OK I'm gonna say it, I fully support his reasoning on not touring, like 1000%. I LOVE that he is fully aware of his dad duty, which is more than I can say for a lot of 'dads' nowadays. Having said that, I need that cap of him crying at Glasto because dammit I want to see that show again.

Oh my god, these pictures!! :stunned: what even? They all went together omg!!

I'm guessing they all got "sailor" themed tattoos? LOL Damon's face in these LOL

That seems like a really painful place for a tattoo though :sick: I like the little anchor tattoo... it's kind of big though.

And yeah Ly, I can't believe he's already got an album almost finished with Flea :stunned: That just came out of no where!

I wanna know what that tattoo says! I can't make it out! :laugh3: Also, I didn't find any pics of Rosie-she tweeted that she got a tattoo too, I would assume she went with them?

I really am psyched at the Damo/Flea collab. Maybe they could do a summer tour where Damon could bring Missy along and give her a fun school break? :wink3: (Come on Damo!!!! Ya know ya wanna!!!;))

It's like a tatoo party or something. :lol: /lame

Yeah, completely unexpected.

I wonder whether someday there will be one of those 'The Essential' CDs for Damon. 'The Essential Damon Albarn', :anxious:

You know what this reminds me of, right? I'f you've follwed the cast of LOTR, how they all went and got the tattoos of the Fellowship's numbers in Elvish! This is their LOTR moment! :D

Something! I love how just those 4 went to get tattoos though like LOL I'm still laughing at Smoggy there hahahah!

I'm so pumped he's working with Flea though.. oh Damon you wonderful man! The Red Hot Chili Peppers are probably my fav. american band.. UGH Damon's so wonderful working with him.

I'm actually gonna make a Damon Albarn playlist probs. next week with one song from everything he's worked on. I think it will be interesting to see his voice and how it's changed and his style,etc.

YES!!!!!!! Oh Lizzy I would LOVE to hear this!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Shani I agree with you 100%! I didn't want to say anyting on tumblr though as I know a lot of people are really upset that he said he won't be touring in the near future. I love how him as a dad comes first, which it should. I know exactly what your talking about during Glasto too when he cried before This is a Low. I read he had a fight with Suzi before the show and that song got so emotional for him and he cried. Poor thing.

I love this quote by him too, "I'm happiest when I'm with my family and working."

:heart:

And really like he said in that article, that's how he is able to do so much now, he doesn't tour. He treats studio time like a 9-5 job and that's why he is so productive. I guess he's figured he's seen the world in his earlier days and just wants to stay settled now. I know it's sad for some people who can't see him, but really it's ultimately his choice and at least it's because of his family.

Besides it gives us all the more reason to vaca in London :lol:

Oh and here Damon crying at Glasto Shani.. in case you wanted to see it again.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Shani I agree with you 100%! I didn't want to say anyting on tumblr though as I know a lot of people are really upset that he said he won't be touring in the near future. I love how him as a dad comes first, which it should. I know exactly what your talking about during Glasto too when he cried before This is a Low. I read he had a fight with Suzi before the show and that song got so emotional for him and he cried. Poor thing.

I love this quote by him too, "I'm happiest when I'm with my family and working."

:heart:

And really like he said in that article, that's how he is able to do so much now, he doesn't tour. He treats studio time like a 9-5 job and that's why he is so productive. I guess he's figured he's seen the world in his earlier days and just wants to stay settled now. I know it's sad for some people who can't see him, but really it's ultimately his choice and at least it's because of his family.

Besides it gives us all the more reason to vaca in London :lol:

Oh and here Damon crying at Glasto Shani.. in case you wanted to see it again.

Oh wow! :o I did not know that! That really is sad! Well hopefully everything is good for them now! :D

I really admire how he approaches everything, and thats its about the love of the art and not the almight buck and attention. Not to mention that he has all of his priorties straight. I don't think anyone could argue with that (ok the vapid people could try to, sadly. :\) And DAMMIT I wanna go to London, so that would be PERFECT!!!! :D

*Giggles* THX for the video BB!!!! *HUGS*

Yup, his priorities are straight I think too!

Btw.. just creeped around Rosie's facebook and I see she got the same tattoo that Damon did :o LOL Him and Rosie have matching tattoos :lol:

She said Paul designed tatttoos for all of them on the tour and whoever wanted one got one the other day to commemorate the tour :heart:

Yup, his priorities are straight I think too!

Btw.. just creeped around Rosie's facebook and I see she got the same tattoo that Damon did :o LOL Him and Rosie have matching tattoos :lol:

She said Paul designed tatttoos for all of them on the tour and whoever wanted one got one the other day to commemorate the tour :heart:

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Ya know I can see that being a Paul creation-after all he's the one who came up with the band's uniform idea! :D

OK I'm facebook-illiterate-how the HELL do I post to Rosie's wall? I don't see an option for it! :(

Lastly-what is everyone's facebook/Twitter?

here is mine:

FB: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000962710990

Twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaniBeeGirl

I added you on both of those :nice:

AND WAIT WAAAAT?! :stunned: WHere are you finding this info out at Shani? Really his bike... his prized beloved bike? :surprised:

What vid are you talking about?

*Giggles* I was talking about the vid of him crying to convey my frustration of not being in Seattle-tho the downside is I wouldn't have met my new boyfriend because he didn't come out after the show. :laugh3:

As for the bike story that was found at GU:

-DAMON. fucking came out and GAVE his fucking bike to some guy! What the hell!

-Cass offered to give a girl who was stranded in the city some money to get home :')

-JAMIE didn't come out, but he signed that same girl's Murdoc shirt (on his crotch)

-Mick and Paul were the nicest dudes, signing giant stacks of albums at a time.

-Roses was the first to come out and got to everyone that had congregated.

man, you guys move fast. you all posted when i was sleeping! x D

ridiculous timezones...

those tattoos look cool. but their faces! they look like they were in pain.

i wonder what they ment by jamie signing that shirt. on his crotch or murdoc's? D :

LOLOL

omg why is he giving away his bike? LUCKY BITCH! Whoever got it.

ISN'T THAT CRAZY?????? I have a feeling Seattle must have been one of their favorite cities on the tour-look at all that happened there!

man, you guys move fast. you all posted when i was sleeping! x D

ridiculous timezones...

those tattoos look cool. but their faces! they look like they were in pain.

i wonder what they ment by jamie signing that shirt. on his crotch or murdoc's? D :

HAHA RIGHT????? I wanna know this too!!!!!! :laugh3: