✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2 CANCEL APPEARANCE AT GLASTO - REPLACED BY GORILLAZ

BONO is out for another 8 weeks at least

they recorded a song specifically for that appearance.

bono personally called michael eavis to break to him the news.

Bono_1049181a.jpg

U2 have cancelled their headline slot at Glastonbury.

The band were forced to pull out from their Friday night slot on the Pyramid Stage after frontman BONO was told to rest for at least two months following emergency surgery on his back.

In a statement on the Glastonbury website, Bono said he was "heartbroken" at not being able to be a part of the festival's 40th anniversary celebrations.

Bono said: "We really wanted to be there to do something really special - we even wrote a song especially for the Festival. I'm heartbroken."

It's been rumoured DIZZEE RASCAL or COLDPLAY will fill the void. But organiser MICHAEL EAVIS said it was too early to think about a replacement.

He said: "It was obvious from our telephone conversation that U2 are hugely disappointed. At this point, we have no comment to make about possible replacements for U2's Friday night slot. Instead, we would simply like to send Bono our very best wishes for a full and speedy recovery."

The band have also been forced to postpone 16 shows on the north American leg of their U2360 Tour until 2011.

Manager Paul McGuinness said: "Our biggest and I believe best tour has been interrupted and we're all devastated. For a performer who lives to be on stage, this is more than a blow. He feels robbed of the chance to do what he does best and feels like he has badly let down the band and their audience. Which is of course nonsense.

"His concerns about more than a million ticket buyers whose plans have been turned upside down, we all share, but the most important thing right now is that Bono makes a full recovery."

Bono has been discharged from the Ludwig Maximilians-University Hospital in Munich, Germany, after undergoing surgery but will undergo eight weeks of rehabilitation.

Dr. Muller Wohlfahrt said: "We are treating Bono as we would treat any of our athletes and while the surgery has gone very well, the coming weeks are crucial for a return to full health. In the next days, he will start a light rehabilitation program, with increasing intensity over the next eight weeks. In our experience, this is the minimum time."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U2 headlining was pretty much the reason i didn't get a ticket

now i'm regretting not getting a ticket

that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. there are close to 1000 acts playing at glastonbury this year and you didnt buy a ticket because of one band?

yes,U2 is not good enough as to be replaced by the biggest band in the world

Get over it, fan boy, and be realistic.

While Coldplay is a decent band, and got BIG since Viva, doesn't mean they're the best band in the world.

They just got worse if you ask me.

Now, go try and see the difference between good music, and being big.