✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2 CANCEL APPEARANCE AT GLASTO - REPLACED BY GORILLAZ

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does that have to do with the fact that this is a coldplay forum ? :uhoh: anyways i really im not into bands , only coldaplay and a few others :lol: i preffer solo artists

The point is that people tend to not like the same things all through their lives. For example at one point I used to play with Lego all the time. But now I do not, because as I have grown older my likes, preferences, and hobbies have changed.

So just in case you can't understand my simple examples this is what I am saying:

People could have joined this forum say in 2004 before X&Y or even later before Viva...but then perhaps those fans did not like the album. Or maybe they just aren't that interested in Coldplay anymore. BUT believe it or not! people talk about things other than Coldplay on here. And talk about bands other than Coldplay.

okey , sorry , I'm a little bit surprised by the fact that , legendary influencial bands as you say such as radiohead , u2 , muse , and the list goes on .. dont have their own place to discuss things :lol: you would imagine they have their own forum :uhoh: specially when you sayme this is not a coldplay fan site and im like, coldplaying.com :uhoh: wtf ?

LOLZ MUSE.

okey , sorry , I'm a little bit surprised by the fact that , legendary influencial bands as you say such as radiohead , u2 , muse , and the list goes on .. dont have their own place to discuss things :lol: you would imagine they have their own forum :uhoh: specially when you sayme this is not a coldplay fan site and im like, coldplaying.com :uhoh: wtf ?

They do have their own forums.

http://www.google.com

you may be able to find some.

Post of the year. Haha.

And lolz, Coldplay bigger than U2. You can like one over the other, but saying that Coldplay is bigger than U2?

what can u say to this :D

lol , I am certenely not denying the influence that U2 has had over other bands ( including Coldplay).Albums such as The Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby were extremely important and influnencial. With that said , U2 has experienced a decline over the last decade presenting material not as good as their past one and with forgetable albums (not beeing very creative and playing it safe with HTDAAB and All that you cant leave behind to forget the commercially unsuccessful pop album ) and songs that has been represented in sales figures , like No line on the horizon beeing almost a flop and , admiteed by bono himself http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/oct/26/u2-bono-disappointed-album-sales :lol: .

Taking all this in account and not forgeting the legacy that u2 has left to us , today biggest band is Coldplay , u2 once was , but they are not anymore in my opinion , of course you will say that coldplay has not had the same influence that them and all that shit but the truth is that in a few years we will see the results of their influence ( in fact i think that we are all ready seeing it with artists such as keane the killers etc.) but you can not compare the 25 + years of u2 to the bearly 10 of coldplay , we will have to wait .

And of course :D for all that i said before i think that Coldplay's today biggest band , U2's time as the biggest band came to an end when coldplay came to the scene with parachutes :lol: with x&y and viva beeing the best selling albums of their years respectively with only 6 months of beeing on the charts :D thing that u2 would only dream off now ( didnt say back in the day , i know their sales were huge before ) another reason to belive that coldplay is the biggest band in terms of sales right now.

Say what you want :lol: this is coldplay's time , u2 were the biggest band up until 2000 :lol:

Bono should retire by now , his back hurts , his leg hurts , he should start his own brand of sunglasess :lol: , maybe he would be the biggest sunglasses disinger in the world now :uhoh:

And also, I agree, that this is a nice place to talk about music and such, but I don't think it's so necessary to talk bad about Coldplay.

Just let us, or let them stop liking them on they're own, or else they'll start changing their likings and preferences by advice of other people.

Thanks , im not interested on looking for other band's forums , maybe you should , i have a feeling that you are on the wrong one :lol:

I'm a member of U2, Radiohead, Metric, Wilco, and Arcade Fire forums. I only post on this one. I don't have the time to go and post on all of them regularly. I post here because I like 90% of the people in the world of music and also have made some good friends on this forum.

It's unfortunate that chauvinistic pigs with the smell of raw anus on their breath won't be able to make any friends on this forum or see why people like it here.

You want a gold star for writing so many words?

lol , i dont want one , im just saying .. what can you say , it looks like everybody says u2 is bigger than coldplay now and all that shit , well , read that and answer to me if it isnt true , i guess you dont have anything to say about that :lol: otherwise you would have said something different than the picture does not belong ;)

well , okey :P i think i deserve a gold star :P

I'm a member of U2, Radiohead, Metric, Wilco, and Arcade Fire forums. I only post on this one. I don't have the time to go and post on all of them regularly. I post here because I like 90% of the people in the world of music and also have made some good friends on this forum.

exactly!

It's unfortunate that chauvinistic pigs with the smell of raw anus on their breath won't be able to make any friends on this forum or see why people like it here.

:lol:

but , girls, it isnt good to be in a COLDPLAY forum insulting Coldplay,it doesnt fit :lol:

I didn't join this forum to insult Coldplay. I don't think I ever have insulted them, that I can remember anyway. I joined because I liked Coldplay, I don't anymore. But where is there a rule saying that you must leave the forum if you stop loving Coldplay?

It's the fanboys/girls who I make fun of, anyway.

lol , i dont want one , im just saying .. what can you say , it looks like everybody says u2 is bigger than coldplay now and all that shit , well , read that and answer to me if it isnt true , i guess you dont have anything to say about that :lol: otherwise you would have said something different than the picture does not belong ;)

well , okey :P i think i deserve a gold star :P

The Killers were not influenced by Coldplay.

The 3,071,290 that attended U2 360 shows over 44 shows tells me that U2 are still "bigger" than Coldplay.

I didn't join this forum to insult Coldplay. I don't think I ever have insulted them, that I can remember anyway. I joined because I liked Coldplay, I don't anymore. But where is there a rule saying that you must leave the forum if you stop loving Coldplay?

Exactly. So thanks Jamo or whatever you name is. You're the poster boy for Coldplay obsessed fanboy that I like to make fun of.

oooh sorry i thought that the obvious thing is that if you stop liking coldplay , you stopped going to their sites :lol: sorry :uhoh:

I really do not understand why people find it so difficult to realise that this is a coldplay forum and if you join , at least i think you have to like them lol. dont know ,it's my opinion , its pretty obvious though

The Killers were not influenced by Coldplay.

The 3,071,290 that attended U2 360 shows over 44 shows tells me that U2 are still "bigger" than Coldplay.

the 8 million that bought viva and the 10 million that bought xandy tells me that Coldplay are bigger than u2,

coldplay had almost 3 million people in 172 gigs around the world ,not a big difference ;)

the almost 3 million followers in twitter and the 4 million in facebook tells me that coldplay are way bigger than u2 in that aspect too

oooh sorry i thought that the obvious thing is that if you stop liking coldplay , you stopped going to their sites :lol: sorry :uhoh:

I really do not understand why people find it so difficult to realise that this is a coldplay forum and if you join , at least i think you have to like them lol. dont know ,it's my opinion , its pretty obvious though

Its pretty obvious that you are wrong and we've pointed out why.