✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2 CANCEL APPEARANCE AT GLASTO - REPLACED BY GORILLAZ

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorillaz :wacky:

you have a point here, Damon has been known to use cardboard cut outs in live perfomances....

but still ... your comments...

:facepalm:

You know Gorillaz was being sarcastic/ funny when they said they were bigger than the Beatles. I hope no one actually thinks they were serious.

hahahaha i wasnt being serious... i didnt think they actually used cardboard cut outs! its was a rhetorical question

and as far as taking em seriously on U2< Gorillaz.... well believe it or not some people actually think that way so you cant really blame me

Coldplay fanboys that posted in this thread.

:lol:

Gorillaz :wacky:

you have a point here, Damon has been known to use cardboard cut outs in live perfomances....

but still ... your comments...

:facepalm:

You know Gorillaz was being sarcastic/ funny when they said they were bigger than the Beatles. I hope no one actually thinks they were serious.

oh that Graham one! :laugh3:

Yeah, i think Damon/Jamie scripted those words for Murdoc because that's what Murdoc (if he is real) would have said.

I would like to express my displeasure at the news that Coldplay will not be replacing U2 at Glasto 2010. Those Coldplay boys owe U2 a favor for last summer's borrowing of U2's 360 tour jet when Coldplay's own ride broke down in Scandinavia. They never would have made it back in time to play all those UK shows without it!

As an official member of The Church of Chris Martin, we send friendly greetings to our brethren in admiration of Chris Martin and Coldplay. As to whether the Holy War is over with you, I will leave that open to interpretation. We are leaderless now and the ship of Church state is listing at the helm!

Whilst Coldplay may be slaving away in their new studios with the solar system in place to afford Chris Martin creative channeling from the heavens, it would not have been so difficult for the boys to pack up the Tour Bus and head up on the muddy roads to Somerset.

I know that NEXT SUMMER-2011-they are set for Glaston , when they will be out pimpin their new "striped-down music that may suck!" That probably is the reason they gave for bowing out of replacing Bono & U2; however think of the wonderful publicity Coldplay would receive if they had taken that replacement offer for Glasto!

Far be for me to second guess the band; it is one of the few that I respect and love so much-that I would never question whatever it is they are up to. Oh!...but it would have been so wonderful to see them out this summer on that Pyramid Stage-amongst the mud, the bad food and the Brit chicks with horrible teeth! One can only dream...........

I would like to express my displeasure at the news that Coldplay will not be replacing U2 at Glasto 2010. Those Coldplay boys owe U2 a favor for last summer's borrowing of U2's 360 tour jet when Coldplay's own ride broke down in Scandinavia. They never would have made it back in time to play all those UK shows without it!

As an official member of The Church of Chris Martin, we send friendly greetings to our brethren in admiration of Chris Martin and Coldplay. As to whether the Holy War is over with you, I will leave that open to interpretation. We are leaderless now and the ship of Church state is listing at the helm!

Whilst Coldplay may be slaving away in their new studios with the solar system in place to afford Chris Martin creative channeling from the heavens, it would not have been so difficult for the boys to pack up the Tour Bus and head up on the muddy roads to Somerset.

I know that NEXT SUMMER-2011-they are set for Glaston , when they will be out pimpin their new "striped-down music that may suck!" That probably is the reason they gave for bowing out of replacing Bono & U2; however think of the wonderful publicity Coldplay would receive if they had taken that replacement offer for Glasto!

Far be for me to second guess the band; it is one of the few that I respect and love so much-that I would never question whatever it is they are up to. Oh!...but it would have been so wonderful to see them out this summer on that Pyramid Stage-amongst the mud, the bad food and the Brit chicks with horrible teeth! One can only dream...........

Oh my ! You can't be serious right? Does it mean that this "Church of Chris Martin" thing is a serious thing??? I always thought it was some sort of sick joke not a real "sect" ! Man that's scary :o ! Poor Chris Martin...

Erm...

I don't get why they should replace U2 by a band as "big" as them :thinking:

Oh my ! You can't be serious right? Does it mean that this "Church of Chris Martin" thing is a serious thing??? I always thought it was some sort of sick joke not a real "sect" ! Man that's scary :o ! Poor Chris Martin...

Nah-ah, someone is obviously making fun of poor little naive coldplayers :tongue:

How on earth can you replace U2 with Gorillaz?:dozey:

Gorillaz with probably some of the guest vocalists, several which are already playing Glastonbury, although I will probably see the flaming lips and catch the Gorillaz set on the TV