✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2 CANCEL APPEARANCE AT GLASTO - REPLACED BY GORILLAZ

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol , I am certenely not denying the influence that U2 has had over other bands ( including Coldplay).Albums such as The Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby were extremely important and influnencial. With that said , U2 has experienced a decline over the last decade presenting material not as good as their past one and with forgetable albums (not beeing very creative and playing it safe with HTDAAB and All that you cant leave behind to forget the commercially unsuccessful pop album ) and songs that has been represented in sales figures , like No line on the horizon beeing almost a flop and , admiteed by bono himself http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/oct/26/u2-bono-disappointed-album-sales :lol: .

Taking all this in account and not forgeting the legacy that u2 has left to us , today biggest band is Coldplay , u2 once was , but they are not anymore in my opinion , of course you will say that coldplay has not had the same influence that them and all that shit but the truth is that in a few years we will see the results of their influence ( in fact i think that we are all ready seeing it with artists such as keane the killers etc.) but you can not compare the 25 + years of u2 to the bearly 10 of coldplay , we will have to wait .

And of course :D for all that i said before i think that Coldplay's today biggest band , U2's time as the biggest band came to an end when coldplay came to the scene with parachutes :lol: with x&y and viva beeing the best selling albums of their years respectively with only 6 months of beeing on the charts :D thing that u2 would only dream off now ( didnt say back in the day , i know their sales were huge before ) another reason to belive that coldplay is the biggest band in terms of sales right now.

Say what you want :lol: this is coldplay's time , u2 were the biggest band up until 2000 :lol:

Bono should retire by now , his back hurts , his leg hurts , he should start his own brand of sunglasess :lol: , maybe he would be the biggest sunglasses disinger in the world now :uhoh:

It's funny how you all avoided what i said and tried to change subjects , you all now its true :lol: poor you , hope bono gets well anyway.

At least you could have said that i was right :uhoh:

It's funny how you all avoided what i said and tried to change subjects , you all now its true :lol: poor you , hope bono gets well anyway.

At least you could have said that i was right :uhoh:

I already told you, you posted an irrelevant picture of Bono at the end of the post discrediting what you said.

I already told you, you posted an irrelevant picture of Bono at the end of the post discrediting what you said.

i didnt ask you a comment about the picture , i asked you what you thought about what i said . you are certenely dont answering becouse you know that its true and dont want to admit it . besides what picture ? its on other post :lol:

Even worse, I'm so jealous cos he has signed VIVA CD's :(

My world will end.

Oh wait no. I'd die if he had an In rainbows signed cd. Now that's more likely.

i will try to buy you one of those for your b-day.. :D