✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you all associate songs with colors and textures?

hotdensestate

though it's one thing to think about colors and sensations, brought about the musical timbres of the song (dissonance and reverb for example) and quite another to actually experience, see or taste different things in reaction to said stimuli as is characteristic of synesthesia. Obviosuly every song one hear's is packed with a ton of associations, like an organ reminding you of where you were when you heard a similar organ sound, or the sound of distorted guitar impacting your ear in a way analogous to the way your hand may feel near a fire. A sensation like softness doesn't refer just to the sense of touch but all senses.

I picture "Yellow" by Coldplay as red.:dozey:

Haha. I picture Chris Martin on a beach in the rain. Every time.

I usually associate them with memories, emotions, or people. Sometimes, if I have certain thoughts during a song, I'll have the same thoughts the next time I listen to it.

I'm the same. If I'm listening to a song with a friend and we think of something really funny, I can't help but laugh every time I hear that song again because I instantly think of that moment. I associate a lot of songs with people, even.

For me, some songs have colours, some have patterns or pictures, some even hae weird little animations like the visualisers on media players :confused:

I'm the same. If I'm listening to a song with a friend and we think of something really funny, I can't help but laugh every time I hear that song again because I instantly think of that moment. I associate a lot of songs with people, even.

For me, some songs have colours, some have patterns or pictures, some even hae weird little animations like the visualisers on media players :confused:

yeah, songs can trigger memories too.

and yeahhhhhh the iTunes visualizer :laugh3: