✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Beady Eye

busybeeburns

liamg171209.jpg

Liam Gallagher: Beady Eye will be bigger than Oasis

But singer believes Noel Gallagher will 'come crawling back soon'

Liam Gallagher believes his new band Beady Eye will be bigger than Oasis.

The singer told the Sunday Times his music has "never sounded better" and plans to have a single out before the end of the year, with an album to follow in summer 2011.

He claimed Beady Eye - which features former Oasis men Gem Archer, Andy Bell and Chris Sharrock - have finished three-quarters of the album, with each member contributing four songs.

Gallagher said the band will have a Beatles-esque sound "similar" to Oasis, with other influences including T-Rex and Jerry Lee Lewis. "It'll be bigger [than Oasis]. I've got no doubt about the music, no doubt about me," he said. Gallagher continued: "It's proper rock'n'roll. Oasis was a pop band compared to what we're doing."

The frontman also discussed his relationship with his brother Noel Gallagher and the domestic situation surrounding seeing each other's children. He concluded by predicting the former Oasis leader will "come crawling back very fucking soon".

Last month, Liam Gallagher said that although he was initially "gutted" the Oasis split, it was "the best thing that's ever happened".

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/52100

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so reading this inspired me to read more about Oasis and Liam Gallagher. I don't listen to them, so I don't know them that well.

From what I can tell, Liam is one of the biggest douches ever.

Liam and Noel has always been douches. The thing is: Noel grew out of it and became a decent man through the years but Liam is still 15 in his head :dozey: They like to provok by saying thing like Liam said a little above. Most of the time is just for the sake of 'shake things a little' but in Liam's case, he's really thinking it.

Liam is jalous of Noel's songwritting talent just as Noel is envious of Liam's voice and charisma. Again, Noel accepted it with years and he's fine with it but Liam is still in this 'competition' mind with his brother and this new band is a way to prove he can be better than Noel...which frankly, I don't think he can be.

Wait & see, but I'm not excited about this. On the contrary, I can't wait to hear Noel's solo album! :dance:

Liam and Noel has always been douches. The thing is: Noel grew out of it and became a decent man through the years but Liam is still 15 in his head :dozey: They like to provok by saying thing like Liam said a little above. Most of the time is just for the sake of 'shake things a little' but in Liam's case, he's really thinking it.

Liam is jalous of Noel's songwritting talent just as Noel is envious of Liam's voice and charisma. Again, Noel accepted it with years and he's fine with it but Liam is still in this 'competition' mind with his brother and this new band is a way to prove he can be better than Noel...which frankly, I don't think he can be.

Wait & see, but I'm not excited about this. On the contrary, I can't wait to hear Noel's solo album! :dance:

Charisma? Psh. It seems to me he has about as much charisma as a stereotypical mother-in-law, and I'm being generous in making that comparison.

Charisma? Psh. It seems to me he has about as much charisma as a stereotypical mother-in-law, and I'm being generous in making that comparison.

On stage, as much as I've always dislike Liam, you can't deny that when he's singing, he lives his songs even if his 'posture' on stage has always been 'weird'...Oasis live performances were pretty awesome back in the day.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBFvI4Qi958]YouTube- Oasis - Live Forever (Live in Scotland)[/ame]

I've never been an oasis 'fan' but this band is, no matter what, a big part of the soundtrack of my youth...

A mate of mine met BOTH Liam & Noel and said that both of them were very friendly and down to earth!

So...well...I dunno!

But from what I've read in the press- they are both idiots and Beady Eye WILL NOT be bigger than Oasis!

I can't slate them though because Oasis were the band that got me interested in music :)

Sorry, Liam's voice is whiny to me, I really can't listen to more than 3 Oasis songs in a row before my ears start to bleed.

From what little I've heard of Oasis, I really dislike his voice. Ionno, that's just what I think. :shrug:

CRACKED EGGS DEAD BIRDS SCREAM AS THEY FIGHT FOR LIFE, I CAN FEEL DEATH, SEE ITS BEADY EYES

copyright infringement

Haha, maybe. :tongue:

I think it's funny how this is being presented. In most of the news articles, they talk about this band being the members of Oasis without Noel. However, aside from Liam, there is not a band member in Beady Eyes that played on any of the Oasis albums I love.

Edit: Beady Eyes is a dumb name. Liam must have thought of it.

• 2 weeks later...

liamgallagher3_DC_L200809.jpg

Liam Gallagher: 'Oasis will only reform when we're fucking skint'

Singer also reckons Beady Eye's debut will be the 'best album for the next 50 years'

Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher has said his former band will only get back together when they're "fucking skint".

The singer, who is currently recording his debut with his new band Beady Eye, dismissed any chance of his group getting back together in the near future at the launch of his first Pretty Green pop-up store in London today (July 30).

"The only reason why Oasis will come back is when we're fucking skint. I'm far from skint as you can tell - and I won't be skint for a long, long fucking time. Believe me, it ain't gonna be happening," he said.

His comments come after he recently said that although he was initially "gutted" about the Oasis split, it was "the best thing that's ever happened".

He also claimed Beady Eye - which features former Oasis men Gem Archer, Andy Bell and Chris Sharrock - have written the "best record you'll hear for the next 50 years".

"We have this tune and it was a bit Rolling Stonesy, and I didn't like it," he said of the recording sessions for the group's debut album, which is due out next year. "It was slow and boring. So we just got on a piano and fuck it up, Jerry Lee style, and stuck a John Lennon vocal on the top. It's good."

Gallagher also admitted that his priority at the moment is perfecting his new Beatles biopic based on Richard DiLello's EMI memoir The Longest Cocktail Party, which charts the story of record company at the end of the 1960s.

"It's a good book and we can't balls it up now so the heat is on," he told Sky News. "I'm more worried about getting that book right than getting the clothes right, and my record right. I'm not going to be in the film but I'm worried about getting it right, because it's other people's lives."

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/52291