✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Beady Eye

busybeeburns

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beady Eye is going to perform tomorrow on The Voice UK. :toilet: :censored: :sick2: :thumbsdown: :whip: :sick: :whaaat:

Well, apparently they are going to play Second Bite of the Apple. :confused: At least, if they want to take that path, they should have play a better song, like Start Anew.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13YBgX9Ds3A]Beady Eye - Banquet Records Instore - Start Anew (Acoustic) - YouTube[/ame]

Just listened to BE...I absolutely love it. Great mix of rock and roll, atmospheric, and acoustic. Everything is just plain catchier than DGSS too. I'm genuinely conflicted now because I think the overall picture of Gem/Andy/Chris makes this album sound better than Noel's album even though I like Noel better as a songwriter and singer by far.

What's wrong with Second Bite? It's very interestingly composed. It reminds me of Come Together with the drums and bass.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNAEbxoyzYo]Beady Eye - Entrance/Flick Of The Finger - @Manchester Ritz 19.06.2013 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXxfGh2BE0o]Beady Eye - Four Letter Word - @Manchester Ritz 19.06.2013 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os2jQGXCRs0]Beady Eye - Soul Love - @Manchester Ritz 19.06.2013 - YouTube[/ame]

• 4 weeks later...

What Beady Eye really needs:

A way better marketing !

Sometimes to me it seems they choose their singles/releases just the way they like

the songs. Not with a view on how many they could sell.

Flick of the Finger was the obvious choice as the first one...and a really good one !

Second Bite is just about ok, but in my opinion not a good single.

And now Shine a Light...my least favourite song on BE, it has nothing catchy or other arguments to bring more people into Beady Eye´s music. So one out of three, really sad :(...

The album has 4-5 songs with potential to represent it very well.

If i could have chosen, it would have been like that:

Flick of the Finger - they´ve chosen too

I´m just saying - which would have been a cracking summer tune

Soon come tomorrow - as a nice late summer/autumn release

Start Anew - last single from BE

I still have some hope that one of these remaining songs will be a single. You could mention that singles arent that important nowadays... my focus is just to bring the band to more audience then they got now.

• 2 weeks later...

GEM ARCHER HOSPITALISED WITH SEVERE HEAD TRAUMA

August 5, 2013

Following an accident on the evening of Thursday August 1st, Beady Eye guitarist Gem Archer was hospitalised with severe head trauma.

He is currently in a stable condition but continues to stay in hospital under observation.

As previously reported, shows this week in Belgium and Japan have been cancelled.

His family, friends and bandmates thank everyone who have sent messages of support and well wishes so far and hope to see him back on his feet soon.

An update on his condition will follow.

Get well soon, Gem.

All concerts/promotions in August cancelled:

GEM ARCHER & V FESTIVAL UPDATE

AUGUST 8, 2013

Beady Eye regret to announce that they are cancelling their performance at V Festival and their remaining scheduled shows and promotional commitments in August due to guitarist Gem Archer suffering severe head trauma after an accident on August 1st.

The band apologise to fans but under the circumstances feel they can not perform without Gem and want to focus on supporting him throughout his recovery.

Gem was released from hospital yesterday evening and is recovering at home though remains under observation.

• 1 year later...
WOAH... Didn't see that coming.. Logged in just to say that.. wow. Haven't been following BE in a while, how is Gem doing? I hope he is alright.

Yes, for what I saw on her wife's Twitter, he recovered well. Thank God, because that was an ugly accident. First he fell down the stairs, hitting his head, and a few days later he fell on the toilet and broke his leg.

We'll see what it's going to do Liam with his career. For now, he is going to perform next month with The Who. http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/liam-gallagher-roll-lined-up-4501506?

And I saw this on NME. Maybe he is going to announce something?

wwkwgw.jpg