✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts

mc_squared

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come with me Violet! :awesome:

Oh, if I could, I would. You can count on that.

Either way, I hope you have an amazing time. :smiley:

Do you realize that if we were all from the same area, we'd be like best friends and stuff? :cheesy:

:wacky:

Oh wait. I'd still be the old one. :disappointed:

So I finally got to see Hurts (at their biggest gig to date) last night, and I had the good fortune to meet Theo and Richard (their opera singer) afterwards.

Richard actually came out and spoke to loads of people in the queue before the gig, and then helped a group of us get back inside afterwards so we could join the queue in the foyer to meet Theo.

There was quite a long queue, and he was very patient, allowing everyone to get their photos and their stuff signed.

I asked Theo if he planned to use a choir on "Stay" in the future, and he said 'yes' (apparently there's an awards show coming up where this will happen).

I also asked him if he had considered covering "Vienna" by Ultravox, but he said he thought it would be too difficult, because of the vocal range required.

Anyway, it was worth asking.;)

I also told Theo I felt larger venues would ultimately suit their style, which is very visual and "theatrical".

He seemed to appreciate that.:D

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get why they'd do that, though. They already released four singles for the album ("Better Than Love," "Wonderful Life," "Stay," and "Sunday") and the Christmas single. Why do they feel the need to release yet another one? Oh, and while I'm on it, I don't understand why "Better Than Love" is being released a second time (as it's the other A-side to "Illuminated") If you're gonna release a single, at least put a B-side on it somewhere so we get something new.

/rant.