✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Jay-Z 'Would Have Robbed Best Friend Chris Martin' as a Teen

busybeeburns

jayz-200.jpg

They may be the best of friends now, but Jay-Z believes things would have been different if he'd met Coldplay's Chris Martin when they were teenagers.

The rap mogul says it would have been a different story if the two had met when in their formative years. "That's a different scenario. He couldn't walk through Marcy [a housing project in Brooklyn, N.Y.]. I was a different person then. I wasn't open to the world and to cultures. I would have been, 'Yo! Who are you? Give me your money', the rap star told Q magazine (via the Daily Mirror).

He added, "You couldn't have a guy like Chris walking through Marcy. He'd have to get robbed. At best."

By the age of 13, Jay-Z, real name Shawn Carter, was dealing drugs in the housing project while at the same time Martin was living in a dormitory at Sherborne boys' school in Dorset. Now however, the two have struck up one of the closest relationships in show business.

Martin and wife Gwyneth Paltrow attended the rapper's wedding to Beyonce in 2008 while the couple's two children, Apple and Moses, refer to the rapper as Uncle Jay. "They are a really cool family with beautiful kids, who happen to be good at the jobs they do."

Martin isn't the only rock star to come out of Devon that Jay has a soft spot for. Speaking of Muse's Matt Bellamy, Jay said, "That man is a superstar. I told him he was awesome. All the good s--- comes from Devon."

One British star the rapper is less than enamoured of is Noel Gallagher. In the interview he spoke of the former Oasis man's outspoken reaction to a rapper headlining Glastonbury. He said, "I thought it was a bit music-racist. An old way of thinking. Everyone trying to do something new is going to come up against a Noel Gallagher figure in their life."

http://www.spinnermusic.co.uk/2010/08/25/jay-z-chris-martin-robbed-teen/

Jay Z would have robbed Martin

Jay-Z Would Have Robbed Martin As A Teenager

JAY-Z is pleased he didn't meet COLDPLAY pal CHRIS MARTIN when he was a teenager - because he would have tried to rob the singer.

The 99 Problems hitmaker is close friends with the British rocker, but insists he would have threatened Martin if he had walked through the Marcy Projects, a tough public housing complex in Brooklyn, New York where the rapper grew up.

He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "That's a different scenario. He couldn't walk through Marcy. I was a different person then. I wasn't open to the world and to the cultures. I would have been, 'Yo! Who are you? Give me your money.' You couldn't have a guy like Chris walking through Marcy. He'd have to get robbed. At best."

But now Jay-Z, real name Shawn Carter, is pleased he's struck up a friendship with the Yellow hitmaker and his wife Gwyneth Paltrow: "They are a really cool family with beautiful kids, who happen to be good at the jobs they do."

Contactmusic.com

why Ross and Phoebe? :)

there was an episode towards the end of the series where Ross and Phoebe nearly got mugged while walking down the street, until Phoebe realized that she knew the guy who was mugging them. then later on, they were talking to Monica about it, and she brought up the fact that Ross had been mugged when he was a teenager, and it turned out that Phoebe was the one who had mugged him. :P