✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

5th Coldplay album isn't coming out before Christmas 2010

BerrymanGirl1

I didnt see a thread for this so I just copied and pasted it from the main page :shy:

I hope this is okay with Ian!:nice:

coldplay.jpg

During a fan meet in London Coldplay have confirmed that their new album will come too soon for a 2010 release, and have still a lot of work to finish before their cash-strapped label EMI take over the reigns of marketing it. The band also had time to mention the timing of the early stages of a new tour.

According to Coldplayer Craigie-J who spoke to the band yesterday in London, LP5 won't be out in time for presents. He said: "There ain't gonna be a release for Christmas now that is for sure. Chris (Martin) said that although they are close to finishing lots of songs, they have not actually finished anything at all yet... (even Wedding Bells!) and he said there'd be no chance of the album coming out for Christmas. Phil (Harvey) said the same, and that even if they were finished by now, there would not be enough time for EMI to sort all of the "fiddly bits". Also, I asked about how long the tour would be starting, after the album release, since for Viva it was really soon, and Phil said that they'd leave a slightly longer gap this time."

Speaking further about the completion of the album, fifth member Phil said, "They (Coldplay) always seem to finish a huge bulk of songs together... he was very confident anyway, but said that the last two months have not been as completely productive as first imagined. But he also said 'You can't rush things like this!'". [thanks Craigie-J]

Maybe they were screwing with Craige, and it is almost wrapped up:\ I personally, hope the LP5 is after Christmas, but I would have liked it nicely wrapped in my stocking:P

:lol:this whole comment :heart:

:disappointed:

Deep down I knew it would never be released by Christmas, but I was still hoping!! Oh well, I'm glad they're not rushing.

that means its gotta be extra good :whip:

:lol:

chris-martin200aaol-musicuk120910.jpg

Coldplay 'Postpone New Album Release to Next Year'

Chris Martin has told fans his band Coldplay will not release an album in 2010 despite early promises, making life more difficult for its cash-strapped label EMI.

Speaking at a fanmeet in London reported by Coldplaying.com, the band said a lot of work lay ahead of them, although they were able to mention the timing of a forthcoming tour. A source told the site, "Chris said that although they are close to finishing lots of songs, they have not actually finished anything at all yet (even 'Wedding Bells!').

"[Former manager] Phil [Harvey] said the same, and that even if they were finished by now, there would not be enough time for EMI to sort all of the fiddly bits." Harvey added that while touring for 'Viva La Vida' began shortly after its release, the band would hit the road after a "slightly longer" gap next time.

This is bad news for EMI, which is currently struggling with huge debts. As previously reported in Spinner, its owner, private equity group Terra Firma, believes it was misled into buying the record company. Now its investors have filed papers in a New York court that allege US bank Citigroup tricked them into buying the label.

http://www.spinnermusic.co.uk/2010/09/13/coldplay-album-postponed/

160x120_starsnaps_coldplay.jpg

Coldplay: 'LP won't be out this year'

Coldplay have admitted that their new album will not be released this year.

The group were expected to put out their fifth studio LP in time for Christmas, but they have since revealed in a meeting with fans that the record has been pushed back after they failed to finish it in time.

"There ain't gonna be a release for Christmas now that is for sure," reports Cold Playing.

"Chris [Martin] said that although they are close to finishing lots of songs, they have not actually finished anything at all yet, and he said there'd be no chance of the album coming out for Christmas.

"Phil [Harvey] said the same, and that even if they were finished by now, there would not be enough time for EMI to sort all of the 'fiddly bits'."

A fan is also quoted as saying: "[Coldplay] always seem to finish a huge bulk of songs together. He was very confident anyway, but said that the last two months have not been as completely productive as first imagined. But he also said 'You can't rush things like this!'"

Coldplay's last album Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends topped the charts in 24 countries, selling over nine million copies worldwide.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a276288/coldplay-lp-wont-be-out-this-year.html

I love that we have the inside knowledge, but I wonder how the band feel about the fact that their one on one chat with a fan has been leaked? I am not passing judgement, I just wonder what they would think of all this?

eventually we would get to know..

I love that we have the inside knowledge, but I wonder how the band feel about the fact that their one on one chat with a fan has been leaked? I am not passing judgement, I just wonder what they would think of all this?

Well, I guess it's too late now, it seems everyone and their uncle are running with it:thinking: