✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This Guy Berryman Bloke.

Prince Myshkin

OK. I joined this board last year but started posting in around April. In July I discovered that Guy Berryman was in fact a member of Coldplay and not a poster on the board as I had come to presume. I've been aware of Coldplay since the beginning and bought their first two records on release (though admittedly didn't learn anything about the band as I was only interested in the music) but drifted away when X and Y came out. I have also had a few subscriptions to various music magazines down the years. Even in the last few months since being aware of him I've still never seen his name around and you have to admit it's one you'd remember if you saw it.

Why is it that I have never come across his name outside of this messageboard?

Is it because he's shit?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In July I discovered that Guy Berryman was in fact a member of Coldplay and not a poster on the board as I had come to presume.

LOL :laugh3: !

No really if you're not interesting in knowing the names of the non-Chris members of Coldplay then you won't know it so it's not that surprising. Same goes with any other band, you usually just know the singer's name.

Lead singers usually get pegged as being the ones with all the talent (in some cases that is true.) Not in Coldplay's case as we know. So they receive the most attention and the fact that Chris Martin is married to someone equally famous adds fuel to the fire. Plus, Guy is very reserved. The same can be said for Jonny and Will.

a magazine here called him Guy Barryman :P

Guy Berriman too :lol:

Guy is just like Jonny or Will. They don´t have much press. Coldplay is known as Chris Martin and company, but now they don´t really care about it, do they?

OK. I joined this board last year but started posting in around April. In July I discovered that Guy Berryman was in fact a member of Coldplay and not a poster on the board as I had come to presume. I've been aware of Coldplay since the beginning and bought their first two records on release (though admittedly didn't learn anything about the band as I was only interested in the music) but drifted away when X and Y came out. I have also had a few subscriptions to various music magazines down the years. Even in the last few months since being aware of him I've still never seen his name around and you have to admit it's one you'd remember if you saw it.

:stunned:

Surely you jest!

i think no one knows Guy,Will and Jonny coz they're not married to film stars:rolleyes:.

i remember the day my sister told me Chris martin had gotten married and i asked her who Chris was(I only knew Jonny's name in 2003 and also knew he had done something in maths and astrology:wacky:)

it's also coz most of their videos have only Chris in them:thinking: even when the band is there all the focus is still on CHRIS:veryangry2:

I guess that the case with every band.... General audience knows more or less the frontman name and/or face but the rest of the band... :shrug: I'm like that myself for band I like but I'm not fan of. For ex, I like the Killers but beside Brandon Flowers, I couldn't name you the rest of the guys or what they look like... :facepalm:

Plus Guy, Will and Jonny are pretty discret guys and don't seek the attention, they always said they were glad that Chris got all the fuss and where thankfull to him for that.

Plus, he didn't get much attention with his side-projects: playing for Magne's album, Apparatjik, producing the Pierces, making the soundtrack for a japanese movie....all of this hasn't make any fuss in the press.

This is a simple man, I respect very much for its values.

and Guy is in sorrow lot from this shit showbise.

is the world of Coldplay, the shows, the crowd insomnia,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nENdmpkAh_I]YouTube - Apparatjik Broadcast #2[/ame]

Then of course when people laugh because they say is weird.. nasty people

This is a simple man, I respect very much for its values.

and Guy is in sorrow lot from this shit showbise.

is the world of Coldplay, the shows, the crowd insomnia,

YouTube - Apparatjik Broadcast #2

Then of course when people laugh because they say is weird.. nasty people

thats the weirdest thing i've ever seen:laugh3::laugh3:

and after this video i think coldplayisawesome is rite abt guy being a robot :P